Skype video messaging now a full feature on most platforms (except Windows Phone)
1. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
EPIC FAIL. M$ owns Skype but it seems like they don't even believe in a future for WP.
M$ is really holding Nokia back
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Not really, you seem to forget that if nokia is still on track right now, it's thanks to Microsoft's $1B investment.
3. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
MS owns Skype so there is no excuse for it to bring this new feature to olther OSes before THEIR OS
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I fully agree with you on this!
But my comment was directed to the last part of your comment.
10. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
The EPIC FAIL here is that MicroSlow had Hotmail Messenger Video chat long before everyone else. It amazes me that there are still Windows Mobile die-hards out there that refuse to admit utter failure and defeat: move on people, get real smart phones. I love that Lumia 928 but, not with Windows on it and those stupid tiles!!
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hey kid did ur dadi not gave you any pocket money today
17. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
No he didn't, I'm about as broke as Skype Video on Windows Mobile!
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so your are dumb as they say its not windows moblie we are talking about here go away shuu
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
So the company that's constantly attacking Google for not supporting WP, doesn't even give their own customers it's best stuff? Weak!
And CaoticBUTTERKNIFE, don't even even think about replying! I'll say whatever I want about WP, good or bad!
6. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Microsoft should bring Skype video messaging for ALL OS at once. Why WP always last? Are they kidding their own customers?
7. alterecho (Posts: 1059; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
MS wants to make money without any effort and not delivering with a good product.
8. Paradox (Posts: 123; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Maybe Microsoft ain't developing for windows phone because they want the $100,000 :)
9. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yawn. Is this minor issue worth shouting about? I only see those who don't use a WP device yapping about the injustice. Microsoft has bigger and better things planned for Skype on their own native OS, and such matters are not the business of Android users...
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 657; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Maybe Microsoft will integrate it deeply in next version of WP, that's the reason they are not updating it on WP8..........
12. freebee269 (Posts: 516; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
this is the response the skype team gave wpcentral "“Windows Phone users can already receive and view Video Messages. We will inform you if we add send capability at a later date.”
the keyword here is IF. i hope this is because of a later integration into wp8 that they have planned, but based on that response there's no telling if they will even do it.
13. harigrg33 (Posts: 142; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Nokia should grab android. If its own window is not supporting them then why to hold there hand and walk... comon nokia u can run in ur full speed if u accept android....
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1803; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
use skype on wp8 first then talk its absolute other getting features but not integration like wp8 gets in it not just skype everything social is top of the line in wp8 this is one sector not even apple come close to
21. SirHamm (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
It's built into our normal messaging app.....:rolls eyes:
18. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i'm pretty sure if symbian was still hot, it would have gotten this feature before wp8...imagine blackberry getting this before wp.. you own something and can't even work on your os before others..i'm so pissed cos they're dragging nokia back.
19. Diazene (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 May 2013)
maybe, it's still being tested, stop being haters
20. MetroPhase (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
wow, funny how everyone on here that is complaining doesn't even own a WP8 device...however I hope the delay to WP is full integration with people hub