Samsung’s new official commercial shows off the Galaxy S5’s water and dust resistant qualities
With ads like these, it is no wonder Samsung is able to find mass appeal with its product line of devices like the Galaxy S5. The new flagship has all sorts of attributes that customers will find attractive, from Samsung’s S-apps, to the new fingerprint scanner, to being water and dust resistant with an IP67 certification.
That is not all the Galaxy S5 has to offer though. In our review of the latest and greatest from Samsung, we were impressed with the S5’s display, fast performing camera which takes nice quality photos, and the overall user experience and performance we expect of a high-end device.
Samsung’s ad campaign follows its features to the “fifth” power, hence curiosity5 followed by relief5, something that we suspect parents will be fond of if they have active families that like to play with garden hoses and help bake cakes in the kitchen.
We shared Samsung’s Ultra Power Saving Mode video a couple days ago (time5), and frankly, the theme of these ads, tied to the music of Lykke Li’s Get Some, is an example of how to relate to the customer base, even if their real lives are no reflected in the ads. Where these succeed is in reflecting what people perceive to be positive experiences in life. So far to us, this looks like a winning combination.
1. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Great commercial from Samsung, as always.
9. maherk (Posts: 2003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
they went against the grain, instead of showing that you can use the phone under shower or when swimming, they wanted to show that it can survive the typical accidents phones face every now and then. Samsung marketing team once again show why they are the best.
11. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
so i guess people can stuff dough in phone earphone and call samsung for hardware issue. LEGIT!!! /s
23. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The power of Samsung is not so much in the marketing, but because THEY HAVE, WHAT TO do marketing about.
Not like HTC to do marketing of the cheap ALUMINUM , because there is nothing else.
4. Omarc07 (Posts: 287; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Well my new s5 messed up tested it out dropped it in a glass of water screen turned black wont turn on at all greaat I berly bought it yesterday. I guess ill be getting an htc m8 today. I remember when I had my xperia z it never let me down I took it swimming plenty times always kept working good afterwards, sucks my s5 crapped out in the first try.
8. maherk (Posts: 2003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
nice story bro, you could've worked on the story line a little bit more, but it is good enough for a Hollywood drama movie.
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
here, let me try:
Oh man, my new HTC M8, just got it today and accidently tripped and my phone flew out of my hands and landed inside of my blender, then my cat got scared and jumped up on the kitchen counter and turned on the blender. I'm so mad man, I thought the HTC had such great build quality that it could survive the blender. I'm taking it back man and getting the SGS5.
29. Omarc07 (Posts: 287; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Dam that sucks I would never put my phone in a blender =O
25. Omarc07 (Posts: 287; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Well like I care if u believe me now its all coming back it was actually a glass of vodka I was so drunk anyways yes it really did mess up I think cuz it was alcohol not water.
27. TheNeighbor (Posts: 127; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Oh, now it's vodka... Tell us more details.
28. Omarc07 (Posts: 287; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Naaa and yes it was a vodka tonic. Woke up w massive hangover phone completely dead In glass w vodka sucks I went to a party I was showing off I had a new phone..
30. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
First you say you put in a glass of water and the screen instantly turned off and wouldn't come back on, then you claim it was actually Vodka and you woke up with the phone being in a glass of vodka.
Yea the SGS5 is a piece of crap because it can't handle being submerged in Vodka for several hours while it's owner is passed out, lmao.
31. Omarc07 (Posts: 287; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
My fault yes I admit I passed out -_- but eh wateva
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9674; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't worry. I got totally s--tfaced Friday night celebrating my birthday lol. It happens.
33. maherk (Posts: 2003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
am glad you took by my advice and worked a little bit on your story lol
35. Omarc07 (Posts: 287; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I didnt work on it its just all coming back SLOWLY I was so fkin drunk I lost a new phone did some things with guy friends ima prolly regret forever yes worse nite of my life...
36. maherk (Posts: 2003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
go write a book about your story, enough with your BS.
13. TheNeighbor (Posts: 127; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Pictures? No, of course not. Xperia Z reliable? Let's talk about screen quality and battery life...
15. maherk (Posts: 2003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
you forgot the self destruction feature which bends your phone or cracks your screen. Actually Z2 was considered by the United Nations as a mass destruction weapon.
16. maherk (Posts: 2003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
sorry I meant the Z1, Z2 is still not available to prove us wrong.
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I must warn you about the HTC One M8. It actually can be quite dangerous to your neurological health. I was taking a picture with mine and I zoomed in to see things better. I don't know what happened, but the image kept zooming and zooming until there was only one giant ultra pixel on the screen. It was like looking into some spooky forbidden world that humans are not supposed to see.
My brain couldn't really process what was happening and I had a blackout. I woke up with a massive headache and now I am afraid of touching my HTC One M8 again, in case the giant ultra pixel ghost world is there waiting for me.
So beware, the same thing may happen to you. This phone is haunted I think.
41. verty (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Go get a life.... lazy bones...hehehehehe. I laugh in Taiwanese
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The music is obnoxious, but the commercial does get the point across. If you have kids, the Galaxy S5 is resistant to damage.
I do wonder what would happen to the S5's speaker and headphone ports with flour + water, though. Or a soft drink. Or mud. Etc. I suppose this is why there are rumors of the S5 Active. Because the little bit of water and dust resistance of the normal S5 only goes so far.
6. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
OK, I hate Samsung but I must admit that their commercials are sick!!! Good job Sammy...
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion Sony Xperia Z2 is better.
14. TheNeighbor (Posts: 127; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Because you own both phones and have used then extensively?
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't need to own both devices to have an opinion about them.
18. wilsong17 (unregistered)
so you are a fan boy
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If I have opinion about something, how does that makes me a fan boy?
21. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
He's not a fanboy because he thinks the Z2 is better, that is just his personal opinion.
You want to see a fanboy? Scroll up to the guy making up stories about owning a device, something really bad happening to it, bashing it, and then saying he's going to buy another device. Typical troll fanboy at it's best! lol
24. iqjumpuw (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
They really do have the best marketing team. I honestly can't think of another phone company that can market their phone better.
38. mrblah (Posts: 551; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
They had to do so many takes as the phone kept crapping out.
39. mrblah (Posts: 551; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
It should say, "If you want a food stamp iPhone!".