Samsung releases ad for its Gear Fit fitness tracking device
The device is priced at around $200, and is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo, Samsung GALAXY Note II, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition), Samsung Galaxy NotePRO (12.2) and all of the the Samsung Galaxy TabPRO models (12.2/10.1/8.4). Samsung says it will add more devices to the list.
You can check out the ad by clicking on the video below.
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I can see myself wearing on of these if it weren't for the 'Fitness' features.
3. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It's just something I don't need, but everything else is great.
4. maherk (Posts: 2408; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
then don't use it, it is as simple as that!!
7. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
True, but I don't like the idea of having stuff in my devices that I don't need, it's like bloatware. I just wish they make a version without it.
8. maherk (Posts: 2408; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
bloatware? lol this is a smartwatch, not a smartphone. It's not like you're gonna play hd games, save pictures and 4k movies on it!! you basically want a screen on your wrist, that shows you the time only, if so go to ebay and buy it because you'll find it for less than 10 bucks on there.
9. ianbbaa (Posts: 296; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
This is most stupid comment to this device. I personally wont buy a one, but if you...
1. want a smartwatch for notifications only - buy this and dont use fitness functions.
2. buy a normal watch - fot that price you can get really good "old fashioned" watches good looking, from maker with popular name at watches with good tick/tack machine inside.
I d quess Samsung will not waste their resources to bring just watch for you to check notifications only. NEW product must be interesting with some "extra" functions - even if you or other 95% of buyers wont use it at all.
5. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Trust me the device is awesome I got it with my S5. It feels better than a normal watch on your wrist and I'm using it more as a fashion use than a fitness use, but its useful after my evening run.
TBH. (For the people who are not used to measuring their heart rate or blood pressure after an exercise, you won't find the built-in heart rate sensor that useful, but the Gear Fit is a very very fashionable device.
For example I wore it with a cardigan and khaki pants just the other day and it made the simple urban fashion, very modern, and outstanding. The curved display is absolutely gorgeous on the wrist with any type of long sleeve shirt. )
10. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1014; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Then why would you even look at a watch that's entitled "Gear Fit"? I mean if that's the case then you should just look at the other smartwatches on the market instead.
11. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Great for cycling to monitor my optimum heart rate + much more