Samsung registers names for new Windows tablets and phones
The other trademarked moniker, the Samsung Ativ S will probably be used for a range of high-end Windows Phone 8 smartphones. It's simple really, Samsung Galaxy S represents the Korean manufacturer's high-end Android phones while the Samsung Ativ S does the same for its Windows Phone 8 handsets. Make any sense?
The good thing is that we are just days away from the start of IFA which means we should know the answers to all of your questions really, really soon.
source: SamMobile, Trademarkia via Engadget
2. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow... so the ommina and focus line will be discontinued...
ok sammy just bring us something more monstrous than S3 to your WP8 line!!!
even i dont like sammy though! :P
6. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but i dont really get it.. what the heck is ATIV?
if they just name something more extraterrestrial like the galaxy... "asteroid tab" and "asteroid S" perhaps.. i dont know... galaxy is catchy and ativ.... the heck is that?!!!
12. Commentator (Posts: 2406; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's "Vita" backwards, being Latin for "life." "Efil" would sound even worse.
18. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Andromeda would be a cool trademark.
or better yet,
"samsung nova s" hahaha
24. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah... nova is a good name... vita wont be a good trademark since sthats sony's name for its new psp...
now i have a new question...how about the tizen line?
i kinda like the wave line of bada...
25. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
Samsung is abandoning Bada and putting the Tizen platform on hold for now. They will instead be focusing all their efforts on Android and Windows Phone, only.
22. -box- (Posts: 3794; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sounds like it'd be a cousin of the Atrix.
What was wrong with Focus? Why not Galaxy Windows, or Viewport (space + window) or something that isn't gibberish?
3. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
some apple devs says that BB10 is really something... very promising...
8. tigermcm (Posts: 716; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
the name just doesnt flow well for me. i think they can do a better job.
11. snowgator (Posts: 3209; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
"Hey, Fred, everyone is busy with this lawsuit thing at home office and they want use to name the new Windows line."
"How about Atrix, Barney?"
"Ummmm,.....let's see...... Nope- that one is taken. They asked us not to do anything that might get us sued. Our lawyers are really busy."
"Well just change a couple letters. It will be fine. Let's do some burgers."
15. The_Godfather (Posts: 150; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Sammy means The Beast whatever they do...!!
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I don't like sammy moving to windows.......I am a diehard open source fan.......
No microsoft...no apple.....
Always open source and linux.......
19. tigermcm (Posts: 716; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
who said sammy is moving to windows? I thought they were just going to SUPPORT windows
20. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
They are not moving away from Android. They're supporting WP8 also.
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But why not a good tab in android like asus TFT......