Samsung hints a big push with big screens on phones and tablets, improved S Pen and display tech in tow
1. alterecho (Posts: 1054; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"This reflects market awareness that large smartphones equals Samsung.”
Large smartphones = Samsung = low grade plastic = unreliable = horrible customers service. recently.
I have had 1 Samsung phone, but had a good experience though (except for the OS).
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7360; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Tell that to the 50+ million GS4 owners and see if they care.
8. Finalflash (Posts: 1441; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They do care, I bought one and will not be buying Samsung next round if their focus is just on "big". People will notice the difference and now that all the Android manufacturers have gotten their act together, it won't be as easy for them. They need to stop flooding the market with crap now that their name is out there and focus on associating it with quality. He isn't kidding with their low quality plastic, my S3 developed that hairline crack on two sides within 3 months after purchase and they wouldn't even pretend to replace it.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7360; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Had a S3 for a year - never got a crack. Family has S3s also and never experienced anything. Everyone I know who has a S3 or S4 is in love with their phone, regardless of the plastic. Same holds true with my family and friends.who own iPhones.
14. 14545 (Posts: 1059; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I've had the S4 since June and don't have cracks or anything. Also, due to the inherent nature of polymer, it seems like the S#*(indicating all) would be less likely to develop a stress "crack" than a metal or glass phone. (Since polymer is mostly a more ductile material.) But what do I know. I will say this though, I wish Samsung would sit down with Motorola and license their antenna tech. That is my only beef with samsung. If they did that, I literally don't think I would see anything other than minor flaws(IMO) with samsungs lineup. (Such as the 5+ inch flagship trend that I personally don't like)
7. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Please define "low grade plastic", in all the years i've used samsung i only had 2 problems. After 2 years of use my D600 developed a software issue but the phone had already served its purpose. Then years later, my I8510 inov8 stopped working after about 8 months but samsung replaced it with a I9000 Galaxy S. The galaxy s works great till today and people still get amazed by that amoled display. Next week saturday i will pick up the galaxy S4 since its now cheap on MTN.
9. tedkord (Posts: 4275; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7360; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Amazon, Sony and Samsung surpassed them. Not surprised.
2. aco96 (Posts: 185; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Make next ATIV with S pen. That would be awesome. :)
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
SPen is bound to the NOTE series which is based on Android. Besides, MS doesn't give enough freedom to the oems to customize its stupid OS as they like, so SPen on a WP wouldn't be what it is on the NOTE series without its bundled features and the power and versatility of Android.
A full Windows/Android tab with SPen, on the other hand,would be nice.
3. byczybyk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
what bout next wearble with oled, tablets with oled so many things there on conference call and you write about one of them ????????????? copy paste
4. byczybyk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7360; Member since: 14 May 2012)
What does that have to do with anything? Just curious.
13. nctx77 (Posts: 442; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
LOL! Sammy is fresh out of ideas! Their idea of innovation is flood the market with phablet a lol!
15. Millenialssux (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Tell us your ideas for innovation Einstein. LOL!
18. 14545 (Posts: 1059; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Please go back to the rock, mountain or cave you crawled out of......
17. 1701nino (Posts: 227; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Samsung will eventualy fail,this strategy of "flooding" the market will fail sooner or later,look at the GS4 as proof although it did sell good it didn't sell as expected.They even had to justify to their investers thats why my friends samsung is making a "quality material" phone this year, because i honestly believe they couldn't touch apple and and htc till now.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 10105; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That means 20 variants of the note 4, and 33 of the s5.
20. pureviewuser (Posts: 112; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
More galaxies for Captain Kirk to discover poor sod!!!