Samsung: How about we slap a 16MP camera with Xenon on the back of a Galaxy S III (rumor)
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That design looks speet. But they should make sure it's landscape oriented.
6. dickwyn (Posts: 602; Member since: 07 May 2012)
that looks like the galaxy s iii with a camera case
13. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
That's the point. Plus why make a new device when they could just use the parts already in production
15. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
basically, it's just a "smart camera". Doesn't have calling capability. Just have some 808 pureview instead of this, atleast, IMO.
19. megaSUNNY (Posts: 66; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
no way! it cant compete with that pureview camera.But it will be good news for android users surely.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
Can it compete with PureView?
17. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
not even close. 808 pureview is on par with DSLRs. P&S are far from close.
18. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
-___- smartphone cameras are not on par with DSLRs. OK?
28. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
with those from lower levels, are...I mean, is=808
25. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
@neutralguy I beg to differ, my friend. Just because it's a "40+" megapixel camera phone it doesn't mean it can be on par with dslrs. Plus I can name a lot of p&s cameras that would make the 808 pics look like instagram.
26. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
okay. I agree, i know my comment's too exaggerated when saying it's on par with dslr, but all i can say is and a bit sure that 808's technology can beat most p&s. It's not only because it of the sensor my friend, but also on what they did on that sensor. PureView tech is an amazing innovation in camera tech.
27. ph00ny (Posts: 622; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I LOL'd so hard at the notion that pureview was on par with DSLR
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting. I wonder if Sammy's new toy is positioned against the Sony Cybershot line? At least Apple can't claim that Sammy is copying what it (Apple) already invented.
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Better patent, that idea ... evil is lurking.. lol
4. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Nokia pureview 808 killer.the phone should be as thick as pureview 808.
11. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
You can't compete with Nokia's 41MP marvel. Have you looked at the detail of its photos? Check GSMArenas camera comparison tool for a glimpse at just how good it is. Not going to argue that the software would be better and that Sammy can't make a good camera, but they can't touch the 808 on that front.
5. andro. (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Yet another avenue for android expansion,a different niche of customer but strengthening the user base
9. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I don't think Samsung should waste their time develop this type of camera phone. Samsung doesnt even has the best quality lens like Nokia and SOny has.
31. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia has great optics and perfectly shaped lens. Sony doesn't.
If they did their handsets would make much better photos. Sony is doing the same mistake as htc. Depending on cpu and gpu power instead of biuld a decent camera module. Overprocessing ruins image quality.
10. jove39 (Posts: 1401; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Pureview (41mp) isn't that big...then 16mp phone will be a lot thinner than this rendition!!!
12. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
And what kept them from doing this 3 years ago (if true)?
14. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Well probably cause there was no way of knowing if there was a market for it. After the success of the pure view they probably figured it was worth a try like the note. Well if ruger is true
20. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
i think it'd be safer to assume it's inspired by PureView.
22. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Xenon flash was a big thing during the camera war days on smart phones. Now it's just a thing of the past. Its all about power nowadays, how much power can an OEM put in a phone. Seems as thoughl the camera wars is starting to resurge.
30. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you have no bloody idea whar are you talking about. There was a pool a few days ago. Many users ticked camera as a one of the primary function in their smartphones. You really think LED flash is good enough? Then you've never used xenon. Therefore you are wrong. Period.
32. choybrwn22 (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
if i can recall samsung did sum similar to this a few years ago when they released the worlds first 12mp camera the pixon 12 an the w880 a month later while sony announced the first at ces the same year the idou later known as the satio so wats here is nun new here's the linkhttp://www.gsmarena.com/12mp_s
amsung_w880_storms_south_korea _with_3x_optical_zoom_and_720p _hd_video-news-1146.php
33. boycottapple (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
QUICK PATENT IT BEFORE APPLE RELEASES THE iCAMERA OR WE WILL NEVER SEE THE END OF INSTAGRAM DUCK FACES IN APPLE STORES