Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom visits the FCC?
The device also offers NFC, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity although there is no mention of LTE anywhere. That would tend to indicate that the SM-C101 might not be a version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom headed for the states. The picture will become clearer at the Samsung Premiere event on June 20th when the 'Zoom' gets unveiled along with the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Speaking of AT&T and the rugged water and dust resistant version of the Android flagship model, earlier on Friday, we showed you a leaked photograph of the device wearing AT&T branding.
source: FCC via Engadget
1. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
Cant wait to see this monster camera phone of the decade! Samsung FTW!
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This one might beat a Nokia this time - only in brick competition, not the camera.
2. rahulz (Posts: 116; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I hope it will deliver something amazing...
its going to be interesting battle between Nokia EOS(elvis) vs Galaxy zoom vs Sony honami vs may be an HTC phablet with 8mp or more ultrapixel...
wonder who takes the cup
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
In don't think even a 8 ultrapixel camera would compete with these 16-41 megapixel monsters!
4. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Wait a sec, if this has the same specs as the S4 but has a bigger camera, doesn't it make this the flagship? But i'm sure tie nokia Eos will rape this.
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Nope, specs is not even close to S4, but closer to S4 mini.
13. x_maly_x (Posts: 54; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
specs...omg...more inch,more core...this make phon better? How old you...5? Lol :)
7. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
from the best of my memory s4 mini is official.why would they announce once more?
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Its not really about megapixels though is it....
15. steelicon (Posts: 306; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
It's not the megapixels, it's what you do with the megapixels. In this case, PureView superpixels, lossless digital zoom and better low light images.
Then again, yes. It IS all about the megapixels. 41 million pixels in a handheld device, in this case, a mobile smart cameraphone. :-)
19. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
face it, the 41 megapixel sensor on the 808 proved its not about the megapixel but you need the megapixel to oversample and for the loseless zoom
i cant see samsung been any competition there just tapping into all the markets with unispired recycled devices, this will be a galaxy camera with a phone attached basically........atleast HTC ventured out there with something different. sony look to be coming back to there glory days so samsung should buck up and stop thinking they can half ass it and saturate the market
what will be funny is watching all the sammy fanboys change there tune on thicker phones when this comes out
16. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Let me guess... This will be frisbee like and have hyper glaze... What I don't get is why it won't have an equal processor to the active and the S4.. If its going to have a great camera
18. Daftama (Posts: 546; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Please stop with the s4 it has its own line up no need for active zoom