Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom and Samsung Galaxy S4 Active both to be unveiled June 20th
Also set for introduction at the same event is the rugged Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. This device will offer a 5 inch Super AMOLED display with resolution of 1080 x 1920 (FHD) which works out to a pixel density of 441ppi. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor CPU and the Adreno 320 GPU are both under the hood and 2GB of RAM is inside. 16GB of native storage is on board, and that is expandable with the use of the included microSD slot. Android 4.2.2 is pre-installed and the 2600mAh cell keeps the power on. Unlike the Galaxy S4 Zoom, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active does offer LTE connectivity. This version of Samsung's Android flagship model will be water and dust resistant.
source: Hi-TechMail.ru (translated) via UnwiredView
1. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Glad the S4 Active is powered with a Quad Core SD 600. [=]
16. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
yupe .... s4 pro is old now.... s4 pro is also good ... every one want newer
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 12622; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Damn Sammy what's next? The galaxy s4 toaster, the galaxy s4 shoe horn?
5. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I think they probably have plenty Samsung toasters somewhere but I doubt they would go that far. Maybe a TV after the camera and then a tablet and then a laptop but never toaster.
I believe Panasonic and Samsung rice cookers exist though. In fact I have a Panasonic rice cooker and a Panasonic water boiler.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 12622; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think they shoulda left the galaxy brand exclusive.
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well it was introduced on a low end feature phone...so they couldn't really sell trust as exclusive...
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
S4 Beam is a possibility, if they make a successor to that projector phone. This time, it also fires laser beams.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So where is the Octacore8, Exynos A15 version.....?
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
whats next another iPhone rectangle? oh wait theirs 5 of them already
18. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Galaxy S4 Frisbee.
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I would get the GS4 Active over the original GS4 any day.
21. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Just saw the evleaks of the Active... It looked real good, but I didn't like the physical buttons. Overall looked a lot better. Only thing that will keep me away from it is the AT&T branding. Not to mention I'm planning to move to using phablets later this year.
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
SuperAMOLED FHD and S600?!
I actually prefer the Exynos Octa, but I think I'll be getting it anyway.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I've got mine last week! F®®k the S600 scrab garbage, halfbaked A9,A15 CPU!
Using AOKP ROM, SIYAH KERNELS
CPU Overclocked to 2.1Ghz
GPU Overclocked to 700Mhz
Battery drains 15% than normal
AC voltage charge, discharge increased
CPU threshold, down and up increased
RAM 4GB AVAILABLE, USING MEMORY EXPANDER APP
FEELS way much better than stock.
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Why didn't you get the Exynos one?
Anyway, AOKP and Siyah should be blazing fast on the GSIV, whether it's i9500 or i9505.
But I don't recommend AOSP ROM on Samsung's flagships, you lose the great multitasking experience exclusive to them. As well as some smart features like Smart Stay,which I absolutely can not live without.
Btw have you tried Perseus kernel by Andreilux? It's the best custom kernel available for Samsung's phones IMHO.
6. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Only 3 MP more than the original SGS4? They better make a 30+ MP with OZ camera ...
8. IlikeCellPhones (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 May 2013)
my Nikon coolpix s800 has a 16 MB camera.. and runs on android 2.3.3 I believe... -seriously. i bought it like that... lol go Sammy! -Keeping up with NIKON
...anyone else remember when 3.0 MP camera phones were JUST coming out? ..anyone remember the Voyager? lol (that may have been 4MP)
we have come quite a ways.
I Love Cell Phones!
9. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I like Galaxy S4 Active but I can't wait until July so I bought my lovely Galaxy S4 in full price. It is hot on the top, please use earphone if you are talking longer than half hour. All quad-core phones are hot on buttom or top depended on where the CPU was installed.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"All quad core phones are hot on buttom or top depended on where the CPU was installed."
Errr. Perhaps the HTC One isn't sold where you live? Aluminum chassis does a good job of dissipating heat.
15. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Too many options. Samsung should just release one phone per year /s
22. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow... The galaxy zoom will have no match for the Lumia EOS , or Sony i1, or what was the name can't remember. Honami at least the code name.