Picture and video samples from the Samsung Galaxy S III appear with encouraging quality
Picture and video samples from the Samsung Galaxy S III appear Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
1. Dr_fajardo posted on 09 May 2012, 05:45 14 29
fail... pictures and videos r good but i've seen pureview's pictures. samsung didnot its homework
12. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 09 May 2012, 06:23 12 17
I think there is almost no difference between pictures of S2 and S3!!
16. Atrixboyyy posted on 09 May 2012, 06:31 10 8
Hmm 8mp camera or a 41 MP camera I wonder ...
your comment is a FAIL.
18. Dr_fajardo posted on 09 May 2012, 06:37 1 14
thats not the point. they didnt anything great with this. we already have 41 mp camera that looks beast in a phone, u cant step behind this much
22. ph00ny posted on 09 May 2012, 07:02 7 2
it takes good picture nothing else well
what is your point? This phone does everything well
26. SleepingOz posted on 09 May 2012, 07:20 14 1
Know what, go get your innovative 41mp camera phone with anything else outdated, and leave the GSIII to those who love SMARTphones!
43. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 10:40 3 1
Id rather have the monster phone that does everything great, then a camera phone who's only trick is taking excellent massive pictures.
The pre-release pictures here look great. At least that will put some of people's worries to rest.
25. sadaivadai posted on 09 May 2012, 07:17 12 0
Compare this phone's camera with Nokia's present flagship phone Lumia 900/800 . Not with other phones with special functions .
If that's not the case i can blindly comment negatively in any phone's section that it doesn't have a projector like Samsung's projector phone or cannot handle toughness like motorola's Defy etc .
This comment would have made sense after the launch of the Nokia's beast (ie) Windows 8 + Pureview . I would love that .
33. andro. posted on 09 May 2012, 08:48 7 5
Enjoy your '41'mp camera on a 2008 era phone so,you are miles ahead of us all!
48. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 11:18 3 6
typical fandroid since they cant compete in the picture department and this is a picture related article... they bring other specs... they will be articles to show off the SGSIII specs but not in here..
52. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 11:40 4 2
54. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 11:52 2 3
it takes one to know one...
57. Dr_fajardo posted on 09 May 2012, 12:14 1 0
this guy ( gallitoking) is absollutely right, the only one that understand that this is a photo and video articule.
58. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 12:27 1 0
and we both agree that for a flag ship device there barely any noticable improvements...
59. andro. posted on 09 May 2012, 12:31 2 2
Galileo Your trolling is getting hilariously funnier supporting a Nokia phone against android. The galaxy s3 is competing quite well in fact in the camera department equally current top available handsets except for a novelty phone from Nokia with a 41mph count nobody actually needs. In all other counts the galaxy s3 is ahead of the competition. It'd be interesting to see your festering comments to the Nokia 41mp camera when the iphone 4$$ or 5 what ever it calls "can't compete" due to having an 8mp camera or slightly higher
61. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 13:52 1 1
I support that nokia phone does have better camera than the top of the line flagship SGSIII.. dont worry about the iphone if it is inferior than then the Nokia.. well at least i recognize unlike you who will never give credit unless is Android...
62. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 14:08 1 1
I dont really give a crap either way. They both look like good quality cameras are are an improvement over what I currently use, which is what I'm lookin for.
Hold your "this phone is better than that" BS until they do a side by side comparison to show it one way or another.
56. Dr_fajardo posted on 09 May 2012, 12:10 0 3
why pentitle is outdated, cuz we have something else, new and better***, why we need quad cores? publicity and phones r faster***, in smarthphone world the new thing is the sh*t or am i wrong?. guess what? this cam is worst than the iphone 4s (go to gsmarena). whats my point? samsung fail in deliver a contemporary cam. the others things r da*n good (plastic? :P )
67. Raymond_htc posted on 10 May 2012, 01:50 0 0
your comparison is as same as comparing a human to a giant.
(Comparing 8MP to 41MP?! Are you serious?)
2. GeekMovement posted on 09 May 2012, 05:52 11 2
Photos look great. Hope it comes to the US soon!
3. Chronos posted on 09 May 2012, 05:54 20 6
The Galaxy S III's camera was never meant to compete with the Pureview.
6. Dr_fajardo posted on 09 May 2012, 06:09 5 16
still. compared against iphone's 4s camera dont look that great. samsung didnot improve galaxy's s2 camera too much. what u r talking about?, samsung fail in that.
39. jellytime posted on 09 May 2012, 09:46 0 2
Stop complaining all of them are made by Sony anyways
49. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 11:25 2 2
a 'toy camera" you say... that "toy camera" takes better pictures than your precious SGSIII . so the way i see it.. just shut about bout your comments it only makes Android flagship looke even worse..
53. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 11:41 4 1
rut roh.. gallito gets angry at the toy camera comments. aaaaaawww.
55. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 11:54 1 2
not at the comment is at the grown as man making the comment...
44. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 10:41 3 0
yea, if i were you, id wait for the inevitable side by side comparison they do before you start shooting your yap off about who's camera is best. The i4s didnt win every category last time.. in fact if i remember it came in like 2nd.
5. kshell1 posted on 09 May 2012, 06:09 8 1
and i thought my epic 4g touch took great pictures. Samsung has outdone itself once again.
7. a1000smiles4u posted on 09 May 2012, 06:10 1 4
exactly ... it has set the new standards for competition cough cough performance cough
8. PhoneLuver posted on 09 May 2012, 06:11 11 1
The photos are better, but for the life of me I don't know why they didn't just put in a 12MP camera! 12MP should be the standard, you can get great pics, better digital zoom etc. Manufacturers can then focus on optics to get even better quality.
8MP is so 2010!!!
11. adi4u4882 posted on 09 May 2012, 06:21 2 7
12 MP will be good. But it would make the device more expensive.
14. PhoneLuver posted on 09 May 2012, 06:28 9 1
This is a premium device.. Or atleast is should be, it will be expensive regardless of the camera!
30. baldilocks posted on 09 May 2012, 08:07 9 0
More megapixels doesn't mean a better picture. I wish people would realize that.
47. PhoneLuver posted on 09 May 2012, 10:56 4 0
True! But a 5MP pic has far less detail than a 12MP one. What I'm trying to say is that a 12MP photo can easily become a 5MP photo, vice versa it usually becomes a grainy mess!
35. -box- posted on 09 May 2012, 08:56 0 1
I think HTC with their 16MP camera on the Titan 2 might disagree a bit with you... Yes, it's thicker, but not all that much, especially with a case on it
37. hung2900 posted on 09 May 2012, 09:12 0 0
That's true. When you care about the number of MP only, it can still be thin, but not a high quality one. Look at the camera on OneX, only 8 MP but still very thick (camera part).
34. andro. posted on 09 May 2012, 08:51 3 0
A 12 mp camera has no tangible advantage over a top level 8mp camera optics. Most people size down there photos for social networks or printing and unless you are wanting a billboard size photo print the extra mp is irrevelant
42. johamsandwich posted on 09 May 2012, 10:15 1 0
I don't see why people do not get this at all. You get a 8mp camera that does burst shots and shoot and saves almost instantaneously.
I would rather have this than have a 12mp camera that takes a couple of seconds to focus and save the picture.
70. jackhammeR posted on 10 May 2012, 09:48 0 0
compare pixon and new samsung's models.
or N8. If you don't know how to utilize this module even 50 mpx won't make a difference.
41. WakaFlakaD posted on 09 May 2012, 10:05 1 0
Didn't they said the SG3 is suppose to be like a Galaxy S 2s?? just like iPhone 3GS/4S?
Samsung won't fall behind even if they decide to pull a move like Apple did. When you are leading in the market(strictly Android), does Samsung need to try that hard?
I am not saying the new one is not refined enough, its got some extra new features, like a iPhone 4S.
Let's save the 12MP for the real GS3 next year.
45. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 10:42 1 1
because MPx dont mean jack. Id rather just have the better hardware than a larger picture that takes up more space.
72. jackhammeR posted on 10 May 2012, 13:23 0 0
remixfa, Saying that its worse because it takes more space is just ridicolous.
16 gig of int. memory plus sd card (additional 16 or 32 gigs) and you worry about place for photos when at the same time average user carries on his device a few films, tons of music and games? Come on. You have pc and you can download content on it.
It all comes down to preferences. having a good camera and maps are a must for me.
Just for the record. N8 or 808 with belle are a truly decent smartphones.
I'd go along with that. MPx don't mean when manufacturer don't know how to use it properly.
10. FoneAddict posted on 09 May 2012, 06:21 4 4
Forget the image quality (which isn't all that special) I still can't get over the ugly design of this phone! Samsung need to place more emphasis on external design like HTC have done with One X. Even the new Sony phones look pretty cool.
20. fongy posted on 09 May 2012, 06:48 13 3
I love the fact that the handset design issue rages on!
There is no doubt that both the HTC X and Sony S initially look better than the GS3...
But what you have to remember is...
1) both of those don't have expandable storage / removable battery (the storage issue for an HD-centric device is CRIMINAL)
2) how many people will use ANY of these phones WITHOUT a cover? so really, as soon as you slap one of those on, they're all going to look pretty standard...
3) Sony S is dual core and looking a benchmarks - it's performing the worst out of all 2012 mobiles...
4) HTC One X's camera quality on all of their ranges have always been poor - this one is no exception (from reviews / hands-ons)
5) Did I mention lack of expandable storage on all other phones bar the GS3?
Sure the GS3 isn't the most inspired design, but but a funky flip case on it, or some of the nice mesh ones coming out, and it'll transform it...
And you'll be left with a great looking device with unequaled specs...
40. fwinst posted on 09 May 2012, 09:53 0 0
The Sprint version of the HTC One X will have expandable storage. However, it will not have a removable battery. Until battery/phone tech gets to a point where I can use my phone as I like, all day, without needing to charge my battery, removable batteries are a must for me.
46. remixfa posted on 09 May 2012, 10:43 0 0
Dont forget they are also having video issues with the oneX right now, so it takes very sub standard video.
13. Bluesky02 posted on 09 May 2012, 06:28 1 9
It is too soon to compare it to Pureview. First let Samsung Galaxy 4 out then compared it to Nokia Windows 8 Pureview.
71. jackhammeR posted on 10 May 2012, 11:17 0 0
why wait for galaxy s 4? so then maybe we should wait for the next pure view model?
they are about to hit the market so comparing them right now is obvious!
15. grif_ posted on 09 May 2012, 06:30 8 2
Damn ppl are still crying over the 8mp camara?. Get over it jeez. Or dont buy the phone.
Btw those samples ( from a non-final unit.) look good.
Cant wait to see the samples from a production unit.
17. FunkyEyez posted on 09 May 2012, 06:33 3 0
how funny people argue about number of pixel in phone... well number of mp on its own does not really make the difference for image quality.. this would matter if you intend to take photos for making billboards... but for phone about 6mp would be pretty descent... so having 8mp is enough I think... good image quality is achieved by a combination of quality lens and settings and Samsung did pretty well
32. kshell1 posted on 09 May 2012, 08:15 2 0
Ever since the N8 released and pureview was announced people think they have to have a lot of megapixels, which doesn't make for a good camera, look at the Titan 2's 16mp pics and compare them to galaxy s2 or these galaxy s3 pictures which are far better.
64. jackhammeR posted on 09 May 2012, 17:22 0 0
you're wrong. mpx does count if you know how to use them properly. Nokia knows, HTC no. That's why N8 is so stellar and titan II is a huge gimmick and overhyped. Samsung makes quite good camera modules so in the next galaxy they will probably put sth bigger and better.
21. shadez10 posted on 09 May 2012, 07:02 3 7
Thats all you can do samsung?.. really?..
it cant even beat the n8's picture quality...
crappy samsung you should do better and innovate more...
SGS3 is just like the SGS2 with a new look... -_-
ONE X FTW! =D
28. Oxygen posted on 09 May 2012, 07:53 1 2
How exactly? It was never meant to be a camera phone.
And now you are talking about the ONE X camera's average to poor performance? How ironic!
51. gallitoking posted on 09 May 2012, 11:37 0 1
so you agree that the camera on the SGSIII sucks just sayin