Nokia ships Nokia Lumia pre-orders earlier than expected to Brazil
The Nokia Lumia line in the country is far from cheap with the low to mid-range Nokia Lumia 620 going for 899 Brazilian Reals ($459.21 USD), the mid-range Nokia Lumia 820 priced at 1,500 Reals ($766.20 USD) and the high-end Nokia Lumia 920 wearing a price tag reading 1,999 Reals ($1,021.10 USD). Besides getting shipped early to those who pre-ordered the trio, the phones are now available from some brick and mortar stores in the country.
1. asingha94 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 23:01 10 3
Because this is nokia, they know how to support customers & make them happy!I am happy being a n8 holder...
3. SoehartoTukangKorupsi posted on 16 Feb 2013, 23:34 4 8
I'm also WAS a happy nokia N8.
In fact, I use nokia smartphone since the nokia 3650....
followed by 6600, N70, N90, E71, E72.... N8.
but I'm not happy with my lumia 800.
It was a BIG downgrade from Nokia N8.
I'm happy again after I switch to Galaxy Nexus, and now Nexus 4.
bye2 nokia... your WP miss-adventure really make me switch away from nokia.
7. asingha94 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 04:15 6 1
Bad for you!you better try windows 8.Lots of improvement!I hope you will not get disappointed with L920 which i will be getting within few days.
14. p211093 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:27 2 2
right i am using noia 920 i am from india is very very upgrade bersion win8
5. Bernoulli posted on 17 Feb 2013, 00:32 8 9
If they were about making customers happy they would've made an android nokia handset
9. asingha94 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 04:21 1 2
If others are not happy why are you getting thumbs down!!lol!
12. jroc74 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 06:55 4 0
You know what...I've seen clips of Sail fish running on a Nokia phone. Either that or Maemo, MeeGo, uBuntu....I dont think Nokia has to necessarily do an Android phone....but try one of these other OS's too. Of course right now Android would be the best bet vs the others.
8. TROLL posted on 17 Feb 2013, 04:20 3 8
All Nokia N series were a big hit, even there E series....!
The Limos series, WP7,8 and what_evers next are failing, declining and will fail:
2. arjs777 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 23:25 0 0
This is Brazil ! Now you know how much we pay for one phone .We costumers pay for all taxes of our goverment ...sad reality
17. Just_a_boy posted on 17 Feb 2013, 10:36 0 0
60% of every technological handset in Brazil is taxes because the Government claims that smartphones, tablets, PCs, Video Games, etc, are luxury items, even cars have the same treatment
6. santaclaus posted on 17 Feb 2013, 00:36 0 1
so, we can't find any Lumia 920 in Malaysia because Nokia shipped all their Lumias to Brazil?
15. cretinick posted on 17 Feb 2013, 10:06 0 0
With that price, in a Third World country? Nokia must have shipped a half a dozen of each model to Brasil...
16. Bernoulli posted on 17 Feb 2013, 10:32 0 0
Brazil is a leading world industry, shut up uneducated Bastard
13. Bappy posted on 17 Feb 2013, 07:10 4 1
Don't waste your time suggest trolling here and there.
21. jsdechavez posted on 17 Feb 2013, 22:39 0 0
We'd rather wait a few months for the price to go down a bit and let the easily-bored people switch as soon as they like spend all they like on the latest. Geez, pity, they seem miserable.
19. jameshoe posted on 17 Feb 2013, 22:23 0 0
In Malaysia, Lumia 620 priced at RM 799 (USD 255.68)
Lumia 820 priced at RM 1599 (USD 511.68)
Lumia 920 priced at RM 1999 (USD 639.68)
And the government also paid us each RM 200 (USD 64) for buying a smartphone ;)
22. jsdechavez posted on 17 Feb 2013, 22:40 0 0
Well, they better before the iOS iPhone gets there. But price is way too high in Brazil huh?
23. Muzhhur posted on 17 Feb 2013, 23:34 0 1
unbelivable! those phones are made in Mexico but the mexicans hasnt yet...
24. Bernoulli posted on 18 Feb 2013, 00:00 0 0
No, nokia closed their factories in Reynosa, nuevo leon, Chinese make them, but they were developed in Finland.
25. Renato_ posted on 18 Feb 2013, 06:36 0 0
Believe it or not, the Lumia 920 here in Brazil had its pre-sale sold out. When the sale is again available on the Nokia website, it quickly depletes. The price really is abusive.