Nokia said to be shopping for carrier to have exclusive on hero phone; 6 inch phablet coming?
While the Nokia Lumia 928 is set to be introduced this month by Verizon, this model would seem the logical choice to be the hero phone mentioned by Elop. But with some comments made by Chief Financial Officer Timo Ihamuotila focusing on imaging, perhaps the hero phone will be the oft-rumored Nokia Lumia EOS model which is purportedly a Windows Phone flavored handset with a 41MP camera on back. This would be the same sensor used by the rear camera on the Symbian powered Nokia 808 PureView.
Another interesting piece of gossip came from Mobile Today Magazine, which said that Nokia will launch a phablet in the fourth quarter of this year. The 6 inch device will be priced in a range of £400 to £500 ($621 USD to $776 USD) powered by Windows Phone 8. Nokia's CEO Elop stated that he was willing to experiment with different form factors. "We have a lot of juice ahead, as it relates to the Lumia product lines," noted Elop.
source: MobileToday via WMPoweruser
1. asingha94 (Posts: 290; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Omg!1080p amoled clearblack ,12mp pureview ,wp9 and the sexy look...go to hell note 3!that will be in my pocket soon!
2. juandante (Posts: 389; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Yes but Windows Phone.............. Why ? :(
5. SIGPRO (Posts: 506; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Ok people please stop crying about WP, this is the way it is nothing you can change with your tears!
I am glad Nokia did not go for Android, WP is way faster and snappier than Android.
And no i do not own a WP device i use ICS and Meego, but i played with some WP devices.
My nex phone will be a Nokia.....i am waiting for the EOS.
Also i might the Jolla phone.
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
You need to attend math classes regularly and learn how to count
15. SIGPRO (Posts: 506; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Stop lying WP store has over 135.000 apps, like you need a millions apps on your phone! Stop trolling and get a life!
18. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Why on earth would you reply to a bot?
24. DFranch (Posts: 140; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
That's so true ... It is still 2011 right? Oh, it's 2013 and that isn't true anymore. Oh, ok. I'll stop talking out my a$$ now.
55. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
WP isnt really bad.. i find it bad for nokia! coz we all know that nokia is the REAL LEADER in innovation and they marry software and hardware perfectly that it could last up to 10 years!
my sister bought 6630 last 2004 then 3 years after she pass it down to me (since we are not rich and i love having it around!) then i pass it to my father (yes, you heard that right i pass it to my father) and he is still using it up to now!! still rocking!!!
WP is bad for nokia coz people know that they are the best in everything mobile related! so an OS that isnt their's is not good for nokia's image! coz its still the best if they have their own OS/software! so i am really angry to nokia to ditch symbian instead of rewriting it, i mean they have sources even back in 2009/2010 when they saw that symbian's sales is climbing down! or just continue meego!! meego is an awesome software even in just version 1! and people and critics alike love the N9!
19. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
lol on u...... people still think dying company can beat note3 lolololololol
havnt u heard less people are buying WP..... MS fails big time.....
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I hope and pray that WP leaps to the first spot so bad that it'll leave people like you speechless!!
I'm tired of reading comments like yours...if they are dying, why is it on the news about the growth of the OS??
You can be an analyst that never has a clue!!
40. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yeah, hope and pray! lol
47. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Really OZ? Why do you people want an OEM to die? If you don't want to buy 'em or use 'em, why not leave it alone??
31. -box- (Posts: 3873; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
People said the sake thing about android when it came out as a contender of the smartphones of the day, look at it now...
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I've never seen anyone using Nokia WP handset! Alot of Apple Samsung and Sony are to be seen.
Nokias days are gone, no one buys them.
Outdated feautres and with hardly any good Apps and games™
35. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5948; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
+1. I see more Nokia smartphones in a MS store than anywhere else. Carrier exclusives are hurting Nokia sales. The exclusive cuts out the non-exclusive carrier customers, which is just plain dumb.
41. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Hey, people still have the right to dream..
26. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
And most important: NOKIA'S HARDWARE!
3. mayax (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
this design bezel free with android will kill all phones out there. i been waiting for a bezel free screen phone for a year now and its not coming
6. SIGPRO (Posts: 506; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
I hope Nokia will never user Android, Androis is not a good os in my opinion, and yes i own Droid device. Android is slow, laggy an still has a lot of bugs.
And project butter fot JB....please my girl has a Experia T, i upgraded her phone from ics to JB and geus what the phone lags even more, sound is gone often or her alarm is not riging. Or the device changes the time automatically to some random time! So no Android for me anymore!
23. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Android is a good OS, but it doesn't match with Nokia.
The only good OS for Nokia is Windows Phone!
29. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True with it's outdated slow tech hardwares™
51. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
TROLL, your comments are outdated, I think you need an upgrade.
4. best_ (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
OHO , amazing . GOGO Nokia , every day good news from there !!
49. akki20892 (Posts: 3649; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
waiting for Nokia Event 2013 around sep or oct..........!!!
7. KParks23 (Posts: 461; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
That thing looks tight! Look for Verizon to get this 7 months after att get it.
8. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
bring it to T-Mobile and stop with the exclusive BS
10. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
I highly hope that is not the final design!! The capacitive buttons are very close to screen which can be irritating.
38. KParks23 (Posts: 461; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
100% agree my buddy with the 820 complains about that all the time when he is playing a basketball game he keeps hitting the home button.. Whats with the trolls thumbing everything down
11. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
But why Exclusive Nokia!!!
Make it available for all..
14. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
6" 1080p Amoled with pureview sensor on back with "stylus".... is definitely gonna make future note 3 buyers to scratch their heads before buying !
17. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
whats the point it will not work for nokia because they always going with carrier exclusive bs. thats why there phones are not going more popular because they don't think well if they want people to leave other OS to come to nokia they need to have in on all carriers
37. Fallin (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
On the spec sheet it says 5" not 6"...PA might want to look into that.
42. sbw44 (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Cause thats just a concept. Not real at all!
22. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Son of a Nokia, holy Nokia! This phablet is gonna rock, I'm SUPER EXCITED!
Go Nokia go! I'm waiting for ya! :)
50. akki20892 (Posts: 3649; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
100% dude........just wait for Nokia Event 2013........!!! we will hugely surprise....!!!
52. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's right, the huge surprise from Nokia is comin'!!!
25. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
One more thing - Make it thinner.
27. Suo.Eno (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Sorry but if going thinner means sacrificing the batt capacity then I strongly disagree as normally this is the prob w/ the "thin and light" approach. Eye candy but day to day usage wise counter productive.
54. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Then how did Note 2, S4, One, G pro, Motorola RAzr got big batteries?
30. -box- (Posts: 3873; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
T-Mobile would be a great destination for that phone... All that awesomeness and unlimited data l, and rewards T-Mobile (and its new Metro PCS customers) for its loyalty to Nokia and being the only one of the major carriers to offer a Nokia continuously for the last decade
33. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Please nokia don't do exclusivity.....release your phones on every major carrier and you'll sell more, isn't that obvious?
34. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
that concept looks horrible, and the specs are horrible too, a snapdragon S4? and why would anyone need a wacom digitizer if the has a supersensitive touch screen? a 12MP camera isn't anything special, and 5" is too large
46. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Remember, that's a render and just a made up concept.
And S4 pro quad will be quite sufficient for WP unless they change the OS, which i think they won't.
As for the 5 inch...i'd like to know the brand of your headquarter. Most people think 5 is not huge...
36. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I don't see why any OEM thinks exclusivity works anymore. All the phones that have the most success are not exclusive. To me thats just shooting yourself in the foot. "Hey we mad this awesome new phone! You should try it! But only if you are on this carrier you can!" I am more willing to try a new phone or a different OS than I am to give up my Verizon. Having all 3 major carriers at the same time has shown me nothing compares to Verizon. May pay a little more but it's worth the LTE everywhere I go plus I am still holding onto my unlimited data. And yes I know I said ALL THREE major carriers because I do not count T-Mobile. Had nothing but poor experience with them in the past and I live in the Twin Cities where coverage shouldn't be too bad even for T-Mo.
39. Fallin (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
$299 is a little expensive...If they bring a 16 gig for $199, I would look at getting windows as long as it was on T-Mobile.
48. a_merryman (Posts: 718; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Why are they still doing these carrier exclusives...I'm not going to go to a different carrier to get a phone, I go to a different carrier for better service and price. Nokia should know by now that releasing on all 4 is the best move.
Secondly, why are they using a Snapdragon S4 processor, they should at least be using the updated and more powerful/energy efficient S600.
53. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I love the Lumia X concept!!!! one please!