Nokia apologizes for simulated demo video
1. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think now is a good time to buy Nokia stock!
7. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
not really, Q3 will be very weak so don't buy yet, Q4 with new devices on the market and christmas will be better
buy couple weeks after financial announcments of Q3
15. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
do you actively buy/trade stocks? Because the way it works (if you want to make money that is) is you buy the stock when the company is sucking (currently is) or when they get bad publicity (such as this).
why? because the stock is cheap, and the idea is that it couldnt get any worse. If you follow Nokia and know that the new Lumias will be awesome. Then you know the stock will go up and then KA$HING KA$HING.
If you wait till the success happens and the results show profits, by then everyone will want to buy the stock triggering a Supply in Demand and the stock will be more expensive.
23. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
it is not so low
there was like 1.68
Q3 financial results will be extremely crappy for nokia, then stocks go to s**tter and then you buy, in Q3 results there will be no new smartphone line sales or very little, not many people will buy old line 800, 900 because most people will be waiting for faster models
26. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
your right about the Q3 results being crappy.
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I wonder if this made Nokia stocks drop more.... I'm still thinking of getting the 920
21. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
At least they didn't have to use "Screen images simulated. Sequences shortened" which is on pretty much every single apple commercial for the last decade!
30. snowgator (Posts: 3597; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Once again, I love it when someone puts things in perspective. Thanks -box-.
36. robot9001 (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
even a samsung galaxy s2 is much better than any future microsoft phones. microsoft wp8 still has no live wallpaper. looks really basic and cluttered too lol....i know coz i got a wp8 simulator on wp7. u can get it from marketplace for free
40. pistolashtc (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
There are different people with different choices... -.-
43. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Yeah, but the performance is musch better, the apps look more beautigul, we have XBOX live,.....etc
42. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
2. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Boasting about your phone's camera quality and not using said phone... then getting caught red handed.
Dumb move Nokia.
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
And what about the low light photos, were some Photoshop or "special techniques" used?
46. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's the case actually!
32. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Now it makes me wonder if all the videos and camera taken by Nokia 808 was actually taken by the 808 itself.
I know deceiving people to gain popularity is good for business, but damn Nokia should've been more careful.
45. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
come off it, they have admitted and shown real quality of the camera which is still solid
and as for the 808 you cant say anything bad about the camera as its been reviewed by countless sources and proven to be the best mobile camera around
3. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
We can trust Nokia on that but they should definitely shoot some videos with the actual 920 just to get rid of the skeptics. Not a good move be Nokia.
44. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
4. JaiCameron (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I'm not sure if this is allowed (mybad and remove the link if it isn't), but Nokia posted a new video on their youtube page to showcase OIS of the Lumia 920 correctly.
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Thanks for the comment. I had meant to put that in the post, but forgot. All fixed now!
38. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Thanks for a link.
Not convinced about the quality of the IOS. Less shaky but overall quality has been lowered or I should rather write that details were blended.
They should upload both videos as they went out from the mobile.
5. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
it still doesn't change that the lumia 920 camera is probably the best smartphone camera around
9. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
It isn't the Nokia 808 pureview is. But I get your point.
8. trunkmonkey (Posts: 6; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
I don't think this is any different than console companies showing off video of games they claim their systems are rendering on the fly, but later find out iwere prerendered.
I used to like Nokia but, as long as Elop is heading that company I will not touch anything they make. There is just way too much shady stuff between them and M$. Considering after he left M$ he was one of the largest private holders of M$ stock. It is a damn shame what happened to Nokia. Seems like M$ got a Trojan horse into their Nokia.
12. pongkie (Posts: 595; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
hey should call that girl again for another bike re-run!!!! in a bikini!!!!! so everything is FORGIVEN!!!