Nokia X is now on sale in India for INR 8,599 ($140)
1. timukh (Posts: 235; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Should had been $100. Most people will prefer the lumia 520 over this which costs less.
15. timukh (Posts: 235; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
As far as I have seen, people who buy phones costing below $100 in india dont really care about which OS their phones are running. Atleast most of them. All they care about is a good phone with all the basic features and most imp of all, a good battery.
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol!!! Prepare yourself for his infinite negativity... He can talk negative about WP, but ask him if he can say anything positive... Se what he says.... Then you'll know he's a troll...
Then ask him why does he keep buying WP devices.... Lol!
45. sgodsell (Posts: 1851; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I am amazed at all the WP people now defending this forked android phone running with version 4.1.2. All WP users continue to bash Android, but now that these Nokia X devices came out from Microsoft's newly acquired company, all of a sudden the WP people defend these devices. Considering these devices have a UI like WP and only have Microsoft services and apps on them. There is no Google services or apps on them, so people should stay clear of these devices. The dual Sim moto g currently in India is much better then any of these devices.
It comes down to sales and revenue. Microsoft and Nokia need to make money and WP is clearly not up to the job. So what better way then to fool the Public into thinking they are getting a Google Android phone, but they are not getting that at all. Nokia even came out stating that once they get the people on to their devices with Microsoft's apps and services, then they can move them up to WP devices. I like how they said move them up, to what less apps on WP. ;-)
48. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
All WP users bash Android??? What? We have Android devices!.. What in the world are you talking about?...
Heck, I just said that Android has the best store, better than iOS... We praise devices like the Z2...
Maybe you're thinking about the handful of trolls that you run with.. There's always a handful of immature fans for every platform.. Even WP... But, you have a guilty conscience...
53. sgodsell (Posts: 1851; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Okay then if Android has the best store around. Then people should stay clear of these Nokia X devices. Right! Because there is no traditional services and apps on these nokia X devices. Only Microsoft's software riding on top of Android. People won't get the Android experience that they were normally expecting. Everyone who has used Android in the past will know this.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Oh, forgot to mention that he's gonna quote you to death...
42. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
What rubbish u r talking...ppl do care about OS and if not y mmx canvas 2got so famous in India....????I am also windows phone lover Bt ppl in India really prefer android though android suxx at low price segment....and which state do u live in India????
17. papss (unregistered)
What's your point troll?
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3324; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah $100 is OK as compared to specs.
11. tech2 (Posts: 2837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Why not pay $60 more and get a Moto G instead ? Too expensive for a rubbish resolution. Not to mention the app store has little to no apps (Casual consumers won't be able to run Google Play).
12. timukh (Posts: 235; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
$60 moto g?? Which country are u from? I am from India and here it is around $250.
25. tech2 (Posts: 2837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
30. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That makes it really interesting to see how the two devices will do in the same market..
26. timukh (Posts: 235; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
around $124 online. In stores u can get it for even less. A buddy of mine bought it for INR 7000 or $113.
27. shridharddlj4015 (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
I don't think so..
can u tell me where did he bring..bcz snapdeal shows same price as told during launch
28. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3324; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Ranging from $120-$140 on some online stores.
23. tech2 (Posts: 2837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Its 12,500 INR converted to USD at today's rate of 61$ = $204
Link for 12,500 INR:http://www.flipkart.com/moto-g/p/itmdsmbxcrm9wy8r?pid=MOBDS
46. sgodsell (Posts: 1851; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The moto g launched in india for RS12499 ($200). That's comparing the nokia x which has a dual core 1ghz cpu , 512mb of ram, 4gb of storage, 4" 800x480 display, 3mp camera with no camera flash or no slow motion, no front facing camera, no gorilla glass what so ever, no water resistance.
The moto g has a quad core SD 400 1.2ghz CPU, 1gb of ram, 8gb of storage 4.5" 1280x720 display, 5mp camera with slow motion video capture, 1.3mp front facing camera, gorilla glass 3, water resistant.
Hands down you get much more with a moto g then you do with a nokia x.
47. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
So the price difference is of ₹4000 and its a really big amount in low segment....and u can not compare nokia x with Moto g plz and if you are doing so I've have nothing to say to u
54. sgodsell (Posts: 1851; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Your right the moto g should not be compared to the nokia x. The nokia x is not using a traditional Android version at all. It doesn't even use the same apps or services as other Androids.
35. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1565; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I thought you can't reply to comments on your phone?
36. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I have to switch to the mobile version (dumbed down versio) of the site. But i can't edit comments even then.
37. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1565; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Better off using a different browser. Not sure how that would end up, tho.
39. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The are not many browsers in WP. The one or two that are, feel like beta.
2. Puspendu (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2014)
I think Nokia is going to change their asha line up with Nokia X line up.....:-)
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
At this price it would really prove how dumb the average consumer is if they choose this over the 520... Does anyone know how much the 520 is in India?
14. kindlefireowner (Posts: 480; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
For people concerned about apps. The Nokia X has access to the 1 Mobile Market without side loading. Not sure why the writer of this article did not know that. I used 1 mobile on my kindle fire and it has just about every app the Playstore has.
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That's pretty cool, and that's exactly what I thought you could do... Are you sure it'll work on this device?
20. shridharddlj4015 (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Lumia 520 is currently priced at around 7.5k to 8.5k ₹ (123-140 $)
so nokia x is bad deal as of now
NOKIA have tendency to over price dere products here
rodneyej1 i always read ur comments
u tend to lyk competition
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Especially if the competition is with the same company.. Now, that's interesting!..
I just don't follow the crowd, and I've been like that all my life, even as a kid.. I thrive on the unconventional, and unexpected... I've always received a lot of flack from less secure people, but I feel as though my persistence has paid off... It always pays off, and I always come out on top in the end, because I not only stand for something consistently, but I stand for what works for me..
41. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The thing which matter is the OS and Lumia 520 is windows and nokia x is also of same price and feature is also same Bt the only thing matters is Android and u know how popular android is India....Nokia x competition is with mmx canvas 2 and S duos 2 and nt with Lumia 520....and i will get nokia x at 7000₹ at deales price coz i know someone in nokia priority
31. weedl (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
why only the rear camera no front camera , with that price there are so much smartphone with rear and front camera and this phone can't make with skype -_- and 3g call
32. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1278; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks Mr Elop gave a cheaper price for the Nokia X phone than 140 dollars USA. I guess this price includes the Tax's too. If I were Google I would take advantage of this and make a special Chrome browser for all the Nokia X Models that would have a tool bar with links to all the Google services including their Google play store. So Google could make money off some of the apps they sell in their Google Play store.This way Google makes the Nokia x phones help them make money. Hell a Nokia "X" Phones Owner's Money is as good as anyone's
34. corporateJP (Posts: 2239; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
This is at least $40 more than what was stated during the unveiling.
Either the stated price was incorrect or Elop hates India because of that seized factory/back tax debacle.
If the XL costs more than $150 on release, somebody's gonna' get beasted on...
43. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Dude its coz of tax nt coz of he hate India....he came to India only to launch asha first device....PS4 is also cost around 650$ and how much Ps 4 cost in US u know it very well...sony officially stated that the overpriced of PS4 in India is coz of government tax policy
38. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Indian people are very smart.. They'll no doubt choose what's best for them on a more individual basis.. A lot of, most, Americans choose based on popularity.. Not smart.
44. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I wish that this was true Bt it is nt actually in India....Its bad to see when ppl choose android over wp and here they really love nokia Bt they are nt buying coz it is nt running android
49. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Then why aren't they buying? Apps? Awareness?
52. shridharddlj4015 (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Here ppl r smart but we need to wait until wp8.1 is released to see the actual market share n not to forget dual sim mid range..
I hope nokia ll release wp8.1 update to my 820 asap
40. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 42; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Android-powered Nokia X hits Malaysia first on 5th of March for $120
51. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 42; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
I'm waiting for Nokia X-treme (icon's spec/snapdragon 805 with 41MP camera)
55. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
This will never bait anyone, if anything this expensively weak phone will make people buy a real android phone or even chinese rebranded ones from micromax etc... We have this for 130$, but even at 80$ this will be a hard sell. Because cheaper dual core mt6572 phones can run circles around this.
Snapdragon 200 chips failed to sell in 2013 and nokia is scraping the barrel hoping it can sell crap, Qualcomm may have unloaded such chips to nokia for bargain bin prices...