Nokia Lumia 920 now has dominant global share of Windows Phone
The Lumia 920 was actually fourth in the worldwide rankings in AdDuplex’s report just a month ago, but oh what a month it has been, because now based on the most recent statistics, the Lumia 920 has crept to the top spot.
The data is drawn from Windows Phone apps that use the AdDuplex SDK, a sampling that covered nearly 500 applications in action. This time we are provided with a lot of data not just of the “world” of Windows Phone, but the US, several countries in Europe, China and Australia.
All-in-all, the Lumia 920 is making a strong showing, but in some countries it is still second fiddle (or lower). In France, the Windows Phone 8S by HTC is tops by a sizable margin over the Lumia 920. Similar circumstances prevail in Italy and Ukraine. In the US, the Lumia 822 still holds the top spot, despite AT&T having a dominant overall position of Windows Phone subscribers.
Another interesting statistic has to do with the penetration of Windows Phone 8 in countries that were also part of the launch of Windows Phone 7. France and the US are leading the pack while Mexico, Spain and Italy do not have much of a showing for Windows Phone 8.
As you would expect, Nokia dominates the overall global market for Windows Phone, a full 80%, and while that is an impressive portion of the pie, we do need to remember that the pie itself is small (albeit growing). In the coming months these statistics will be interesting to see as the new Lumia 520 and 720 make it to market this spring.
Windows Phone around the World Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
All new leaked pictures and benchmarks of the all new HTC One
05 Mar 2014, 04:23
Windows Phone around the World
1. A month ago
2. Lumia 920 by a hair
3. 920s rise
4. Nokia's share
5. Nokia's best countries
6. Nokia's worst countries
7. Windows Phone 8 adoption
8. Windows Phone 8 in WP7 launch countries
9. Lumia 822 on top in the US
10. Manufacturer share in the US
11. WP8 share by US carrier
12. Windows Phone in Germany
13. Windows Phone in France
14. Windows Phone in Italy
15. Windows Phone in Ukraine
16. Windows Phone in China
17. Windows Phone in Australia
35. tusshharish (Posts: 324; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i meant that nokia is so great that we dont buy other's wp8 phones.............. nokia made every wp phone perfect............
2. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its not surprising really as Nokia is 100% reliant on wp and has been left fairly devastated as a result. Other manufacturers prime concentration is else where on far far more popular,profitable and successful operating systems,although the likes of Htc do like to dabble in the windows pool for a small bit of variety to the os they produce in.
That saying Nokia has put in a valiant effort but other manufacturers have kept their a game for a market which is more successful
42. sbw44 (Posts: 237; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
HTC has also kept their efforts for android right? look where they are now!
I bet HTC will go bankrupt before Nokia!
55. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah because every single android OEM is succesfull and profitable look at htc they make practical and non gimmicky phones in android and yet they're going bankrupt meanwhile samsung...
5. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone 8 is so more fast moving compared to 7.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Everyone agrees! Even in Engadget GsmArena Wpcentral Verge are saying this, along with 60% of them being dislikers!
A major Flop even I sold my L920 using it after 2 weeks.
They have spent 100millions on advertising, in return there sales still fluctuates at 3.8%!
Even BB10 and ios is much better!
25. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I seriously don't understand you, which phone do you actually like?! It's like you hate them all!
Also you forgot the Trademark/Copyright symbols ... Tsk, tsk, tsk.
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Timmehor +1 from TROLL you're observed!
Bring back those E and N and 8800 series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Oh, so your definitely a Nokia fan (or so we believe, hmm?). You must hate the Windows Phone takeover then, well Symbian is dead. We must move on *sob*....
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Timmehor TROLL an ex big Nokia Fanboy™®©
Good oldskool devices™
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Meego Maeemo Meltimi S70 S60 they could've pushed its own OS now relying on MS™
11. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Yay! Good for Nokia :)
38. akki20892 (Posts: 2282; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
waiting for catwalk and eos.......!!! and 928 for verizon then we will see great marketshare %.....!!!
12. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
See! Nokia crashed the Samsung in WP.
18. best_ (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Nokia can crush samsung if they use android to .. But Nokia its to big and they soon will crush samsung in all competitions .. Samsung its a company who build plastic low qality ... nothing more
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 887; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
good guy nokia: chose WP over android so that others wont get crushed in competition.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmfao yea relying on Nokia, even if they merge with Android, Nokia is more know to connect people. They will be using last years specs on there phones, even Sony Lg Htc will use highend Cpu Gpu, Nokia even said in there entire portfolio they disagree on using hi specs on there devices.
Elop dosent have his own headquarters and his salary has been reduced to 1.5 million let alone beat Sony Htc and you've got the king Samsung. What a joke
29. best_ (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Lumia dont need higher CPU noob troll , the s**t android sistem eat to much resources ... i dont really care about that ..
33. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O really I wonder what the next lumia phone will have higher cpu and will be using Adreno320 1080p display™
O look at the L900 vs L929 surely you indenial Bs, if you didn't then why don't you buy get the cheap L520™
39. akki20892 (Posts: 2282; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
what about if nokia come in android....wooo
15. kaliil10 (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I said many times Lumia 920 is a miraculous phone
40. akki20892 (Posts: 2282; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
wait for Catwalk dude....it will more miraculous then NL920....for sure
30. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 194; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Nokia please forget ego issues and bring out the 920/820/720/620/520 with Android Jellybean. You will wipe out the competition. I've used Nokias most of my life but now have to use a Samsung (S3) only becos of the OS.
Please Nokia ...why cant u have both Android and WP8 phones?
36. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I see this being problematic in the future just like Samsung's dominance on the Android platform. Someone needs to rival Nokia here.
37. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Only Nokia makes decent Windows Phones, and I love the polycarbonate feel on the Lumia 920. :)
41. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
People used other windows phone other than Lumia 920?!!!! what the heck that's insane.
43. Muzhhur (Posts: 227; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
the 8th graphic sow to me that instead of all bad marketing powered by Nokia and Microsoft in Mexico I got my lumia 920
45. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Poor shamesuck Ativ S isn't in list. :)
46. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
some trolls become blind. They can't see graph.
48. Ikechukwu (Posts: 103; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
You see my friends, I had an s3 before my Lumia 920 and the it was truly uncomfortable. OS updates (jelly bean) almost ruined the whole phone, makes the s3 to lag in the most annoying way possible. The phone also felt cheap because of the build quality and unsurprisingly, the so called gorilla glass 2 almost shattered as the phone fell to the floor (the only time it had fallen). I couldn't take it anymore.
I simply got a Lumia 920 and 'almost' all my problems have been solved. Believe it or not.
49. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1796; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If it almost shattered, then that means it didn't shatter, so what is your point?
54. jroc74 (Posts: 3625; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The thing with Android...Samsung isnt the only Android phone available. I have almost exclusively used Motorola and had the least issues with them.
How do you even know if the problems woulda been solved with another Android phone? Or even an iPhone?