Nokia Connection 2011 rumor round-up: a market disrupting MeeGo device or a 1GHz Series 40 phone?
The Nokia C2-02
1. bluechrism (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 10:24 1 0
You can follow Nokia Connections from 10pm EST/6pmPST tonight.
2. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 13:38 0 0
1. Most likely possibility in my opinion... and yet, not incredibly likely either. Such a device would cater to a very small population of people. Although this would probably be my personal preference, I do not think such a device would be either "market disrupting" or, for that matter, popular in any way. As has been stated in the past, Nokia management has already decided that Meego is no where near where it needs to be for implementation on a device.
2. Why would anyone put a 1 GHz processor in a Series 40 phone? Do Symbian Anna phones even sport such a processor? Not only that, but I didn't think Touch and Type could be used on capacitive touch screens yet... and not on a ClearBlack display, which is much much larger and higher resolution than anything Series 40 has run on before. Simply an impossibly stupid, distracting rumor...
3. The C2-02 is by no means a "market disrupting" device... sorry. If this is the one they roll out, somebody's head will be rolling out right behind it.
4. WP7 Mango on Nokia hardware would clash with all sorts of previous signals from Nokia executives, with the exception of one random tweet. No other support exists for this rumor. And even if it turns out to be true, I doubt it will have specs or capabilities that rival the N8. A rushed WP7 venture would be counter-productive.
"Apple-style" secrecy? What a joke! Nokia execs have been tweeting all sorts of rumor-mill stuff like mad... the only problem is that none of them agree on anything. At least when the rare occassion happens that something does leak from Apple, the pieces of the puzzle tend to fit. In this case with Nokia, everyone is shooting rumors out in different directions. Load of hype...
My theory: none of these will happen. We will get a simulated demo of some WP7 Mango features proprietary to Nokia... the C2-02 may or may not be shown off, but it will not be a huge highlight anyway... possibly a dummy model of a hardware design for either WP7 Mango or Meego based smartphone... nothing complete, nothing truly substantive. Even if WP7 does go to Nokia hardware, it will not come to the US any time soon. The C2-02 will probably be too expensive to compete in the emerging markets with cheaper, yet similar spec'd, handsets from Huawei, ZTE, Micromax, etc...
3. ps (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 13:57 0 0
This is coming tomorrow:http://pocketnow.com/android/n
5. Dj21o posted on 21 Jun 2011, 12:49 0 0
I will be so pissed if they don't show a WP7 concept. WP7 has potential. Why would they develop another ugly OS' that has led them to their failure as a company? Who cares about M@#%go.