New SKU points to 128GB fourth-generation Apple iPad?
a premium model compared to the current 16GB, 32GB AND 64GB models available, and they can be purchased in 10 packs in both colors for educational buyers.
Now, we want you to look at the chart accompanying this story which comes from the source who works at the well-known U.S. retailer. Under description, P 101 and P 103 refers to Wi-Fi only, and Wi-Fi + Cellular models. Apple currently codes 16GB, 32GB and 64GB as GOOD, BETTER and BEST. ULTIMATE would be above BEST and could indicate that the tablet will have 128GB of native storage. The letter "A" refers to a black model, and the letter "B" refers to white.
What are the odds that two leaks referring to a 128GB device would pop up in one day and not be true? It certainly looks as though the first 128GB iOS device will soon be reality.
source: 9to5Mac via Engadget
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Hmm, go Apple!!! :p
2. chistoefur (Posts: 101; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Sweet, now people can spend much more for space they wont even use. ^_^
13. phil2n (Posts: 486; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I think the price of this 128gb will be tripple compare to 16gb.
3. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
this sounds like a move to try and get back the market share they lost
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 4087; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Fruit branded fanboy; 'Wow! That's is mind blowing innovation. '
The rest of the world; 'meh, maybe i would get that sandisk 128G microSD card for half the price apple is charging' SDcard allow me to swap contents on the fly'. No need to waste time delete and copy overover.'
12. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Well if your android phone doesnt have a microsd slot you can stick 500gb external hdd or flashdrive with an otg cable you get extra 372gb more than 128 gb ipads and im sure that will be cheaper too
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Good luck with that. Nexus 4 doesn't support it
17. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
It does with some app called nexus media importer full version is 3$ on google play(without root) or stickmount full version cost 2.5$ (for rooted nexus) so
5. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I'm now wondering how big the price of the 16GB will differ from the 128 GB.. $250? $400? No thanks. Ooh this was an Apple. No thanks.
9. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Slogan: the next best thing... 128gb xD lol but seriously apple I like you but your not supplying what I demand. Pass
14. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 463; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Seriously, I can't even pass a 20GB usage in my iPad4 64GB.
16. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
iCr@pple will call it a new innovation .....lol...
18. phonea (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
wow 128gb! achos have 2 years ago 250gb. (apple sucks)
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Most expensive ipad ever. You will pay probably extra 100$ more than the original price. How bout put a sd card apple &to not too over price youre consumers
20. corgilot (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
With all of the cloud storage available for soo cheap right now I don't really understand what use a 128gb iPad would be. I have an iPad for work as well as a Nexus10 and an GSII at home and don't even come close in all 3 cases to the 32gb or more I have currently in storage. Especially when you use things like Box.net, Google Drive and ANY cloud music (Pandora, Spotify, Google Music etc...).
Maybe some people will fill that up but they will have to ask themselves if they want to pay that freaking much for a little more space! That thing will have to be close to $800-900 considering the current 64gb iPad4 is sitting at $700
21. ajac09 (Posts: 1420; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
arent the only 128gb flash memory for tablets and smart phones made by samsung... if so.. dont see it happening.. Ultimate could mean anything. Could come with a smart case and other junk with it.
22. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
That's OK Apple needs it, once they drop this info Samsung will drop the Bombshell! They've already spoken that they are and have been working on 128gb internal storage... AND 128gb micro SD because oh that's right Samsung and Android allows for and uses micro SD expansion slots! Good game Apple.