New Google Settings app rolls out to support Google+ Sign-In
More popular slideshows
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
1. Shubham412302 (Posts: 293; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I was shock to see this new app automatically installed.
3. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I suddenly appeared yesterday..
I really thought it was a type of Malware !
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
malware doesn't spontaneously appear on devices. you have to install something that's infected. if you haven't been sideloading any apps, you don't have to worry.
4. kozza3 (Posts: 566; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
lol i didn't even notice it, i really wish people would start using google+ more though. people i know anyway
6. baldilocks (Posts: 426; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Ugliest icon ever. Google has NO concept of how to design an icon. I promptly hid the icon with Nova Settings. :)
7. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I saw this today and had no idea where this game from.
8. MartianMe (unregistered)
I panicked like crazy too....damn you google..ha ha :) ..still love tho.
9. roscuthiii (Posts: 1659; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Damn you Google!!! I have this unholy OCD towards symmetry and this new icon just buggered my app tray. Now I've got to either delete an app, or download 3 more just to balance everything out again!!!
Actually, it works out... there were a few apps i was holding back on just for this exact reason.
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Or just go with baldilocks' idea, get Nova Launcher, and hide the app from the tray.
12. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Soo, google can instal apps in my device without me knowing?o.0
13. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google can update certain apps on your device in the background. So far, we've only seen it with Google Services and Google Play.