Mystery biker that helped HTC CEO arrive at MWC found, behold his reward
Moved by this kindness, Peter Chou was determined to find the man that helped him and somehow reward him. Thanks to the massive fuss, created in the press and in the social networks by HTC, some friends of Obdulio Herrera's son identified the hero of the story and contacted the Taiwanese manufacturer. After the company got in touch with the Spanish biker, even more details about the heart-warming story were revealed.
Apparently, Herrera did not ride a green scooter, as it was reported, but a plain white one. Also, he gave Peter Chou the helmet of his daughter, who he had just dropped off at school. The Spanish good-doer states that although he was “as punctual as a Swiss clock”, he drove carefully and obeyed all traffic laws.
Oh, and the prize? Well, many people suggested that the kind Spanish man should be given a brand new HTC One M8. However, this is not the case. Instead of being awarded with a new smartphone, Obdulio Herrera has been invited to attend HTC's event in London on March 25. As you might know, the Taiwanese manufacturer's flagship smartphone for 2014, the forenamed HTC One M8, will be unveiled at this event.
1. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
An act of kindness, refreshing an much desired.
3. antonioli (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
C'mon give him a participation in Iron Man 4 to act with Robert Downey Jr. and the The All New HTc One.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
he'll probably also be sent a new One.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5737; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
He will get the New One at the event. Props to HTC and Peter Chou for trying to contact him.
6. Muzhhur (Posts: 245; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
All good things are instead of something in return
7. mmmanuuu (Posts: 209; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
He will be awarded with the All new one at the event.
10. Doakie (Posts: 1246; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I would hope so. A flight from Spain to NYC would be a pretty fun reward by itself. But you're right; there has to be a reason they're flying him there. Simply giving him an M8 would be cheaper than his round trip airfare and lodging.
26. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2606; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
London or New York? Event is at both places. :)
8. Commentator (Posts: 2394; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Huh. I assumed HTC was tracking him down so they could transform him into some sort of half-man, half-bike monstrosity to be used as Peter Chou's personal transport/chauffeur... Oh well.
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1830; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
That's all???? I would've left his azz in traffic..
22. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1830; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Why? I wouldn't pick up a stranger to begin with...go duck yourself loser :)
23. andynaija (Posts: 458; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I'm sure taxi drivers aren't picking up their relatives everyday...go slap yourself ignoramus :D
14. yadu004 (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Any other CEOs running Late? I have a scooter too .. LOL
20. mobi_user (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
seems like something straight from the movie.
very nice act of kindness. Hope there are more people like him. Ready to help in time of need.
24. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 712; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Would be fun though if he rejected the invitation
25. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
so let all of us prepare a scooter, then try to follow all the CEOs who will be going for meeting for the CES and MWC next year, and then when faced heavy traffic, we give them a lift....haha
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2606; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Instead do traffic jam during events and offer lifts. ;)