Motorola DROID RAZR HD visits FCC
The letter of confidentiality prevents too much information from being leaked out, but suffice to say that after the success of the Motorolas DROID RAZR MAXX, and the release of the high end specs at a reasonable price Motorola ATRIX HD for AT&T, all eyes are on the Google subsidiary to see what it comes with to challenge the Samsung Galaxy S III.
source: FCC via AndroidCentral
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Waiting to know more, may be a good device. :)
2. belatukadro (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
If the specs are comparable, the Maxx battery and the stock-like software (which will hopefully be JB) would definitely put it over the SGS3 for me, since both will have a locked BL on VZW. But, we shall see.
3. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
4.8in AMOLED and a better quality/faster camera please!
21. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yeah the camera on the current RAZR is close to trash.
31. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Pass on the smiled. I hope they use the LCD panel from the ATRIX hd. Deep saturation is nice but whites that are actually white and enough brightness to actually be seen outdoors is even better in my opinion
4. Qui3tStorm (Posts: 11; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Maxx battery, Jelly Bean, AT LEAST SG3 specs, should actually be better IMO! This is the phone I have been waiting for. Time for the Gnex to get handed down! If they do this right, this phone should be bench mark ala Iphone & SG ..
5. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
im excited, ill have the S3 and the HD to sell. money, money, moneeeey, MOOOOOONEEEEEYYYY!!!
6. greathero1 (Posts: 538; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
The RAZR Maxx did not outsell the iPhone. The collection of Android devices outsold the iPhone according to your Verizon report. Now with that cleared up, I can't wait to see what this device is about. I have had my GS3 for 2 weeks and it is nice but I am not blown away by it nor am I blown away with the signal strength which seems to be a problem for many other users on the GS3 forum page for Verizon. I was told that Moto devices are better in this area and if so, I might look to make a trade.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
how did the MAXX not outsell the iPhone because Android devices in general outsold it too? xD
11. Phylthy101 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2012)
I'm confused by your statement - "The RAZR Maxx did not outsell the iPhone. The collection of Android devices outsold the iPhone according to your Verizon report." - Which report were you reading because it Clearly states that the Maxx has outsold the Iphone..... Were you even reading the report, or just going off what you here from others??
30. greathero1 (Posts: 538; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
How are you confused? According to the numbers released by Verizon and posted by this site. vZ sold 2.9 million Android devices of which 2.5 million were LTE devices while the iPhone sold 2.7 million. The RAZR MaXX is an LTE device right so how is 2.5 higher than 2.7? I'm not talking about analyst reports but what VZ actually reported. maybe I'm missing something here but I just wanted to point that out seeing how just 5 days ago VZ posted actual numbers and not guestimations from random analysts. Either way, I can't wait to see the device and see what it has to offer b/c while the GS3 is cool its hasn't been great at signal strength.
8. eman99 (Posts: 266; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
only for verizon but they gave the wannabe razor hd aka atrix hd to att lame just lame pluse no webtop support not worth a penny
9. sid07desai (Posts: 289; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'd pray for:
1) 1080p screen (at least 720p) as the name is RAZR HD
2) 3300 mAh battery (asking for too much? nah!) (at least >2000mAh)
3) Better Camera sensor (Motorola is not known for its cams)
4) Jelly Bean 4.1 (at least ICS 4.0.4)
22. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
1) 720p 4.5in (or bigger) display with same size as current RAZR
2) Proabably a big battery
3) Yeah, even if its only 3MP it could be better than the current RAZR's
4) I wouldn't say JB, but definatally ICS
34. belatukadro (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
It really is not the sensor, it is Moto's camera software. If you use something like CameraFX, it actually takes perfectly acceptable shots.
12. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I'm just pissed I'm going to have to start upgrading my phone every year now. Because if I wait two years to sell my Razr I wont get more than $150, but if I sell my Razr when the Razr HD comes out I'll get at least $250 for it. Which makes much more sense to sell since I'll have to start paying full retail.This is all thanks to VZW not wonting to sell me an upgrade without making me give up my unlimited data plan. FU VZW.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
exactly. i've been doing this for a while now though. i've had a Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic & a Droid Razr all within just over a year. you have to keep the value of your device up so you'll only have to pay a little money at a time for your phone upgrades. if a Nexus were involved though i wouldn't be so quick to get rid of it because they hold their value and they're supported for a very long time.
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Droid 2 i sold on Swappa, the Droid 3 i traded on Android Forums in their Classifieds Section (i haven't forgotten about my desire for such a section on this site Phone Arena Admins) for the Droid Bionic and i sold that on Craigslist which buried the cost of me buying a Droid Razr from Craigslist shortly before selling the Bionic.
17. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5924; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Shiny phone syndrome. Unlimited data is done. There isn't enough spectrum to cover the insane amounts of data usage.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
RAZR HD will only be availble for VERIZON no ONE ELSE gets the RAZR phone very disappointing in MOTOROLA giving all their good phones to VERIZON
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there'll always be an International Variant that can be imported.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
but it will be only ON EDGE not 3G
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5924; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How many variations of the Razr can one come up with? Motorola already said "screw you" to people who bought the first Razr when they came out with the Razr Maxx with a bigger battery.
Then there's the whole thing about Motorola not supporting their previous phones once they start releasing newer versions like they did with the Droid X2.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
as many as one can come up with Galaxies, iPhones and Ones. your trolling has become tired Mxyzptlk. :P
32. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5924; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
iPhones are released yearly as one variation. You don't see Apple releasing an iPhone 4S HD or 4S HD Maxx. It just seems unfair to their customers that they would release a new Razr so soon.
20. skymitch89 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Wanna know the specs for this device? Take a look at either the Artix HD (http://www.phonearena.com/phon
es/Motorola-ATRIX-HD_id5718 ) or the Chinese variant (http://www.phonearena.com/news /Motorola-MT917-is-a-RAZR-with-4.5-HD-Super-AMOLED-display-and-13MP-c amera-for-China-Mobile_id24129 or https://developer.motorola.com /products/mt917/).
23. bubbadoes (Posts: 536; Member since: 03 May 2012)
battery life is the only advantage this will have over gs3.....camera will be sorry...believe me i have had droid 1 2 and 3 droid x and x2 andbthe camera sucked....motorola cant build or produce a decent camera
25. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 308; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I only hope it has all updated specs, large battery, slim build, and NOT over the 4.5 inch mark...
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
fair enough but what i think they'll do is offer a smaller Droid Razr 2 along with the larger Droid Razr HD.