Mango update started today for the HTC HD7 tweets T-Mobile
Microsoft says that it will roll out the update gradually to make sure that everything goes as smooth as silk. Because the rollout is being done on a staggered basis, don't freak out if you haven't yet received it as these types of updates can take weeks to complete. You can check to see if your unit has received the Mango update by swiping to the left from your start screen and tapping on settings. Tap on "about" and then "more info" and you will see what version of Windows Phone you are using under the "OS version" heading.
After receiving a notification that you have received the update, you can install it by using a USB cable to connect to a computer. Zune will pop up on the screen. If you do not have Zune installed, you will be prompted to do so. After Zune is installed, it will look for updates and if it finds it, you will be asked to click the "Update Now" button. When everything is done, click on "Finish".
Once you have the Mango update loaded on your HTC HD7, let us in on the new features and your opinion of the software by dropping us a comment in the box below!
2. kainy posted on 27 Sep 2011, 16:53 1 0
Well the update has begin to roll-out ... the unbranded phones are getting Mango as we speak. And there is a way to get the update faster ... so within a week i think everyone will have the pretty message on their screen :) But you should note that the update is rolling out as we speak.
3. GJanee posted on 27 Sep 2011, 16:54 1 0
Here in Hungary all wp7 handsets are getting Mango properly (Omnia7, Optimus7, Trophy, Mozart, HD7) since like an hour or so ago, so far as I'm informed.
4. Phullofphil posted on 27 Sep 2011, 16:55 1 0
cool i guess. I wnder if the new phones come with it preinstaled
5. GALAXY-S posted on 27 Sep 2011, 17:03 1 0
good for wp7 phone users...
i have tried wp7 phone once and it was pretty nice, so maybe in the future ill buy me one
6. savien808 posted on 27 Sep 2011, 17:23 1 0
Yay my sister is waiting for a notification for her HD7
7. SumitTheBest (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 00:10 1 0
Even , I am eagerly waiting for Mango. I love this Phone , with Mango it will be more awesome.
8. jstarr (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 02:05 1 0
It's 3am and I still have not received an update message I have T Mobile and a HTC HD7. I have also connected to zune to check for an update manually and nothing. I would rather have it today and something go wrong than be sitting around for the next week or two hoping that today is the day they should let you have it if you check for it manually so the fans will have it. This is worse that sitting around for the cable company. COME ON ALREADY
10. Raul_HD7 (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 10:26 0 0
Nope. It's 8:24am (Sept 28) here in San Francisco and just checked Zune for an update and nada....
11. savien808 posted on 28 Sep 2011, 14:05 0 0
my sister is pluging it in every hour and still nothin...
12. savien808 posted on 28 Sep 2011, 18:08 0 0
I Got The Update On My HD7!!!
I followed this video!
It gave me the update notification on my sisters HD7 and it successfully updated!
It took maybe 45 mins but it worked!
13. tmobile hd7 user (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 20:54 0 0
14. tmobile hd7 user (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 21:07 0 0
wow, thank you so much savien808 i am currenlty updating to version 7.0.7403.0!!!! bc of that video!!!
15. johnnypillz (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 21:45 0 1
It worked thanks.
16. chakooch (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2011, 01:07 0 0
savien808, you're the man
17. ABS (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2011, 06:31 0 0
So tell us about the new update, for those who have installed it, is it any good??
18. Kov (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2011, 09:54 0 0
cannot still to update mango on my htc hd7. :-(
25. mike (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 05:35 0 0
opez ZUNE go to sync options, tap on the updates line then quick remove LAN cable wait for what happen. Zune will show you update available...get your lan back on line than tap "update". It works i did that and i have the mango on my phone. Important be quick removing the LAN cable!! Remember first tap "updates" than quick be gone from the internet.!! Mango update sucks badly so dont worry if you cant handle the trick:)
19. Maddy (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2011, 11:11 0 0
I m still waiting :( :(
20. savien808 posted on 29 Sep 2011, 16:14 0 0
This is by far the best update for windows devices.
If you follow the video link to update your hd7 to mango and it doesnt work for you try it a couple of times, it took me around 4 times to get it to work!
It forces zune to look for the update, after a few times of trying it finally says an update is available!
All Original Mango!
21. isomerize (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 03:10 0 0
But i have to say, If microsoft wants to expand beyond a 5% market share, they really have to work on being faster to deliver these updates. If it's going to take weeks now, how long will it take to push out an update once they have a 40% market share of smartphones ....
22. enolamyecart (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 12:09 0 0
After checking everyday, I reset the HD7 back to factory spec, plugged in and Voila, Update available. It seems though that one should not have to 'factory reset' to get an update.
23. mike (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 05:27 0 0
Dont wait for it..just have it on htc trophy!!nothing is changed still polyphonic only ringtones, no bluetooth file push, no additional themes, no usb storage mode, and navi by bing maps dont guide just shows position:((((((((((((who wants to get this piece of s**t from my hands in exchange for htc desire??Its mint condition
24. mike (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 05:29 0 0
hey GALAXY S guy give me your galaxy and i will give you my trophy, what you say
26. jamesimon1 (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 11:34 0 0
hay i have a question if i wait for the update to come to my phone on the htc hd7 will i need internet on the computer to get the update on my phone? o0r will zune automatically download the software
27. setasill (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 09:39 0 0
I read about the update coming today, when i checked a previous site it said to plug your phone in and see it it tells you to update. I did it around 8am uk time... and when the zune program came on it went onto the update section... my phone updated without an hitch Samsung ominia
28. tashthestar (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 11:39 0 0
Love the layout especially in office and new added features-very nice :)
29. htc_hd7 (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 00:04 0 0
Can somebody tell me what's new in the mango update?? My computer is not working so I will need a few days before I can update my phone. :(