Major update for DROID DNA now live
3. Taters posted on 14 Feb 2013, 17:56 1 9
Typical HTC. Release with buggy software just to be the first and take this long to fix the issues. Never again HTC.
9. ngo2dd posted on 14 Feb 2013, 23:07 6 0
Dude shy you trolling? Samsung have never done this right? Dude stop trolling HTC article
10. Taters posted on 15 Feb 2013, 00:25 0 4
No they haven't from my experience. Samsung has a ton of updates for their phones but they are usually just very minor stability updates. Nothing close to anything like these issues with the DNA, or the notification and WiFi issue of the One X, and the random reboot issue of the 8x. See a pattern here? Yes HTC sucks.
12. stoic127 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 00:44 0 0
Did you ever have a the early Fascinate or Charge? Samsung has improved vastly with its software response and release times but when touchwiz came out it was horrible and they took forever to fix it.
13. Taters posted on 15 Feb 2013, 00:48 0 0
Nope, didn't own one until the GS2, which smoked the Sensation in every category.
14. rizevnarastek posted on 15 Feb 2013, 02:52 0 0
HEH... you do realise that Sensation is the better performer of the two? It wasn't at the beginning though, but HTC updated the hell out of it it and it surpassed GS2 quite soon.
4. HDShatter posted on 14 Feb 2013, 18:31 0 2
HTC One will be out soon I would expect this to be the last major update for the Droid DNA. HTC logic = new phone out never update the older ones.
5. ap1989 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 19:17 1 0
im gonna be so pissed if 4.2 comes to any of the other device on verizon before the galaxy nexus
6. o0Exia0o posted on 14 Feb 2013, 19:41 0 0
Hate to tell you but the Verizon Galaxy Nexus has hit its EOL (end of life) as per Verizon so it will not be getting Android 4.2.
Referance story at here at Phonearena.com.
11. stoic127 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 00:42 0 0
eol just means they wont sell it anymore. It doesnt affect software upgrades and adjustments. It all really depends on the required specs for 4.2 and whether the manufacture wants to bother with it.
15. o0Exia0o posted on 16 Feb 2013, 12:18 0 0
Yes that means they wont sell it any more. But verizon also has the say as to when the phones on thier network get upgraded software. EOL means that VZW will not be doing the vetting process for the software on phone so thus the phone wont get any more software upgrades.
7. darkskoliro posted on 14 Feb 2013, 22:35 0 0
100mb+ update?? Got that on my butterfly like one and a half weeks ago..
16. airhunt2 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 21:54 0 0
Ok, so since the update, both my wife and I's phones have less battery power. This update has managed to drain our batteries much faster then before. I used to go 2 days on one charge, now I'm lucky to get a day and a half. What the heck?!