Leaked press image hints Samsung Galaxy S III announcement May 22
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
What it is gonna be like? As always, way better than the small fat iPhone. Looks great.
14. rd_nest (Posts: 553; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Few things to note here:
First, Weber Shandwick is a reputed PR firm. They have worked for Samsung in past (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weber_Shandwick). From what I read, they represent Samsung in Germany.
The date -- 22nd May is around the same time when the torch relay will be held. I think it starts on May 20. Samsung is the major sponsor for this Olympics. Perfect time for Samsung to gain attention of the world!
The photo looks like to have been taken from a screen/monitor. It shows those usual jaded lines.
There is some area in top-right where the "photo" seems to show black background. It's as if whoever took the photo covered more area and then deleted rest of the photo. This shows (http://i.imgur.com/6QpN4.jpg) dual speakers. If it's fake, somebody went through a lot of pain to actually do this.
Normally all fakes are made too elegantly or just too good to be true. This on other hand looks "different".
27. rd_nest (Posts: 553; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Last link invalid..
35. rd_nest (Posts: 553; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
They keep deleting my uploads:
46. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
That looks like it could be the edge of the monitor...
30. DrewMonroe (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
you make me so excited about the phone. crossing my fingers it's real =)
38. Omfgwaffles (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Mhm looks a little bit too much like the Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 (http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-GALAXY-S-WiFi-4.2_id6968)...though you never know, guess we'll have to be patient
26. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
looks awesome but definately fake. no front speaker grill ?
33. Nathan (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I saw a higher resolution photo at Phonedog and the speaker grill is in the silver part.
36. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
okay. thanx a lot
2. audiblenarcotic (Posts: 108; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I'm pretty happy with the way that the design looks from this shot. Seems like they are able to get a larger screen into the phone without added bulk to the whole body by slimming down the bezel. i've been hanging onto my HTC EVO for quite a while now, but this is surely going to be a must by on my list provided that the internal specs are up to par with what we all seem to think they will be.
22. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
UI won't change. Unless OEMs quit covering up the stock ICS.
39. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Well, the good news is that ICS requires that the base UI stay installed at all times, so manufacturer UI's pretty much just sit on top of that. Hopefully that means they are easier to remove and more consistent with the updates.
5. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Looks awesome, if it packs the right hardware i'm definitely going to buy it.
6. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
On-screen buttons would have been much, much better than a simple home button. I do like the exterior of the phone, although I do wish the picture showed it in black/gray.
40. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
All of the european versions have had the large home button, so its a design consistency. I doubt the American versions will keep it as none of them have.
Also, i get irritated at the notion that apple some how has a lock on a large center button. Samsung and others have been doing that since the ol flip phone days long before the iphone was a glimmer in Jobs eye.
7. SleepingOz (Posts: 2377; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
It looks like a photoshopped version of the new Galaxy Wifi 4.2.
10. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
OMG it is too! 4sure that's what it is !
17. skaar18 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
look at clients.
samsung is listed. the person how made this at least put some effort in to making it. it does not mean that this is real. but it gives some weight to the argument... By the way i think the phone on the picture looks like the wifi 4.2... but i really hope it is real
50. BuckeyeCadet86 (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
There is no earpiece grill, on the Galaxy Wifi you don't need it, on a phone you do. This is a fake, a good fake, but a fake
8. abdane (Posts: 469; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i just hope it will dominant as much as iPhone 5 will :)
people are very stupid, they buy iphone, blinded by apple :S
11. dawolf (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
why is the power button so low on the phone. not practical, probably fake.
45. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Are you talking about left image or right? If you look closely at the one on the left you can see the power button icon for at the top and a camera for the bottom. On the right image that large button on the left side looks like the volume. Thats what i think anyway. But I am getting this beast for sure.
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Great Android Phone! A must buy for hardcore fans :D
13. Devansh.cool2 (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Mar 2011)
yeah man! I am getting this one for sure :)
16. the_s2 (Posts: 199; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Looks awesome! reminds of the galaxy player!
19. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
where is the grill that goes near your ear? (I forgot what it's called )
BTW if this really is the S3.... shut up and take my money
20. phones522 (Posts: 85; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
its gunna be announced on my birthday maybe ill convince my mom to get me it
25. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
mine is three day after haha, but i wouldnt tell my mom cuz she will never let me buy any cell phone more than 200$ :)
21. jove39 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No matter how sgs3 looks...i am gonna buy it anyway :)
23. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
It might be an optical effect or a distortion but it looks to long and skinny, kind of a piece of chewing gum.
If it packs what they say internally I can get used to it but it's kind of strange.
24. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
My one disappointment is that they put their name and capacitive buttons instead of having the screen stretch over it (if this is the real thing). It would give more room for the screen without making it longer, which is awesome
28. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
That sucks, I want it now dammit!
29. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Well done Samsung go ahead show apple crazy fans what power you have!!!
32. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Because that is the camera button ...... power button is at usual position
34. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Ok. Now that is SEXY. A very nice device. And here i was gonna trade my 4S for a Galaxy Note. Now i think ill wait and see how this pans out. If this Mock-up or image is true then GREAT JOB SAMSUNG!!!!
37. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
I can't wait for this phone it will smash the iphone 4s and ip5 in every way.
41. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I dunno.. am i the only one thats not digging the white/chrome look? Why not just make the whole phone chrome!! then we can all be irritated with our finger print cleaning every 3 seconds.. lol
43. taz89 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 03 May 2011)
am sure there will be black version for you...i hope that is the s3 as i actually love the look of it and also want a white phone...only 2-3 months to go so cant wait
51. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i could do with different colors. maybe a dark metallic or navy blue or something. Doesnt really matter that much as it will have a case on it. Yea, ive just never been attracted to white paint. That much is true.
42. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
from what i hear.......its legit. That is the phone and world wide announcement before thr olympics
44. imkyle (Posts: 938; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If Samsung puts their quad core exynos in this beast, nothing could compare.
47. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
The phone on the left is different than the phone on the right. On the right there is chrome trim on the from bottom. On the left it's all white (two tone). Two diffferent phones. Looks fake.
48. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I think it's kinda early for the announce why can THESE GUYS just wait for the announcement? I remember Samsung announce SG II in July.
49. joey18 (Posts: 492; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
3 years w the iphone so this will be my next phone i miss my old droid x the only problem the phone reboots alot
52. stargazer424 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
What carrier(s) is this going to be on? I'm hoping its a verizon phone.