LG Spectrum pairs a 4.5" True HD IPS screen with Verizon's LTE network and ESPN HD video partnership
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Engadget is reporting that it'll come out on the 19th for $200 and at that price point this is a pretty good phone.
2. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I really wish they had a good selection of LTE phones with a 4" screen. My girlfriend just upgraded from her Droid Pro to a Nexus and it's a little too big for her but the iPhone is too small. She's probably sticking with the Nexus but if they had a version with a 4" screen she would be in heaven!
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there's the Droid 4 which i'm sure will be announced today or tomorrow or whenever Verizon's announcements are.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah i've suggested that to her but she doesn't want a slide out keyboard.
She's a picky one haha
14. idgaf (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Sprint just announced the lg viper which has a 4" nova display.
3. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I love how they kept the price to $199.99. Highest spec phone on their network and it's not the most expensive either.
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
it may be the highest spec but the fact of LG's UI doesnt help. when it upgrades to 4.0 it should absolutely excellent. but yes the $199.99 price tag makes it an excellent choice over ruling phones like the droid 3 and others
4. kamejoko (Posts: 196; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
gsmarena said cpu snapdragon S3 with adreno 220.
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
it was probably a typo due to the fact s4's have not been released yet. if the s4 is making its debut that would be nice but since its nothing but Verizon's version of the nitro i doubt it.
16. LGlady (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
It has a S3 with a seperate processor for the graphics wich by the way is the fastest avail right now the Adreno 220
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
WRONG! the best GPU you can get right now in a Mobile SoC is the PowerVR SGX543(MP2) if it's not that it's either the Arm Mali used with Exynos or maybe the updated GeForce in Nvidia's Tegra III Kal-El.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i totally missed the S4 up there. if that's true then this will actually be a really good device purely because of how much more efficient it will be on the battery.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that girl oversells the Spectrum so annoyingly...
13. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
How much you wanna bet she had NO idea what those specs mean XD