LG LS970 could be a quad-core LTE beast of a smartphone, bound for Sprint
LG LS970 could be announced for Sprint during Q4 of 2012
2. KingKurogiii posted on 09 May 2012, 05:35 5 0
i'm intrigued. this will cause a shake up. what mystery quad-core SoC with LTE support could they mean? could this be the first device with an OMAP5? also being that the possibilty of this being powered by an OMAP5 exsists might that mean that Moto's Atrix 3, Droid Razr MAXX HD & Photon Q 4G LTE will be OMAP5 powered? if so then Sprint is about to have a very respectable line-up with not one but TWO OMAP5 powered devices. good for them.
19. KingKurogiii posted on 10 May 2012, 16:06 0 0
yeah, LTE has always worked on OMAP SoCs. xD
18. KingKurogiii posted on 10 May 2012, 16:05 0 0
LTE does NOT work on the Tegra III and i don't what you mean by "no on OMAP".
3. cGmC11 posted on 09 May 2012, 05:38 0 5
Why a flagship quad-core LTE smartphone for a non-LTE carrier?
4. cGmC11 posted on 09 May 2012, 05:48 0 0
The TI OMAP5 is still dual-core with a performance comparable to quad-core.
In a video released prior to the opening of the Mobile World Congress, TI compares its OMAP5 chip to a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 and shows that two cores can outrun four cores, at least in loading web pages.
5. GeekMovement posted on 09 May 2012, 05:49 0 0
Would be interesting to see this phone coming to Sprint. I'll look forward to it.
7. jasongohjr posted on 09 May 2012, 06:03 0 2
But I can see the capacitive buttons vividly... touch only juz doesn't sound right.
13. squallz506 posted on 09 May 2012, 19:11 1 0
if it is coming out Q4 like the pic says can it be the first tegra 4 phone?
15. legospace9876 posted on 10 May 2012, 15:29 0 1
No. It works on Tegra 3 and it is coming on sumer. His successor will probably be named Optimus 8X HD or Optimus 8X will have a Tegra 4 in it.