LG LS970 could be announced for Sprint during Q4 of 2012
LG LS970 could be a quad-core LTE beast of a smartphone, bound for Sprint
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm intrigued. this will cause a shake up. what mystery quad-core SoC with LTE support could they mean? could this be the first device with an OMAP5? also being that the possibilty of this being powered by an OMAP5 exsists might that mean that Moto's Atrix 3, Droid Razr MAXX HD & Photon Q 4G LTE will be OMAP5 powered? if so then Sprint is about to have a very respectable line-up with not one but TWO OMAP5 powered devices. good for them.
14. legospace9876 (unregistered)
It works on Tegra 3, no on OMAP 5.
16. legospace9876 (unregistered)
Sorry. LTE version works on TI OMAP 5.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, LTE has always worked on OMAP SoCs. xD
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
LTE does NOT work on the Tegra III and i don't what you mean by "no on OMAP".
3. cGmC11 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Why a flagship quad-core LTE smartphone for a non-LTE carrier?
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
4q means sprint will be an LTE carrier by then.
4. cGmC11 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
The TI OMAP5 is still dual-core with a performance comparable to quad-core.
In a video released prior to the opening of the Mobile World Congress, TI compares its OMAP5 chip to a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 and shows that two cores can outrun four cores, at least in loading web pages.
5. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Would be interesting to see this phone coming to Sprint. I'll look forward to it.
7. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
But I can see the capacitive buttons vividly... touch only juz doesn't sound right.
10. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
they did say the pic could be a place holder
13. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
if it is coming out Q4 like the pic says can it be the first tegra 4 phone?
15. legospace9876 (unregistered)
No. It works on Tegra 3 and it is coming on sumer. His successor will probably be named Optimus 8X HD or Optimus 8X will have a Tegra 4 in it.
17. legospace9876 (unregistered)
Sorry. It is coming on autumn/winter.