LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3: first look
Turn up the music, pop the champagne, and let that confetti fly! The highly anticipated LG G3 smartphone is now official, and we just had the pleasure of taking it for a spin around the block. What's more, we've put together a "first look" comparison between LG's new flagship and one of the smartphones that it is going to compete against once it is released, namely the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Read on to learn how the G3 stacks up against its rival.
Processor and memory
2. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
You don't need to splurge an extra $100 plus for the 32 Gig variant (or on ANY phone that is) , all you need is a cheap microsd, a root and an app called Foldermount , does exactly the same thing.
2 gigs is still a plenty of ram, imho.
3. tech2 (Posts: 2328; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
3200mah on a 1080p display will easily outlast 3000mah on a QHD display by a huge margin.
Camera wise not a huge bump on LG's part. G2's camera was pretty subpar too.
Price wise Note 3 will be cheaper.
Software wise touchwiz goodies like S-pen and Multi-window seems a better choice, IMO
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"3200mah on a 1080p display will easily outlast 3000mah on a QHD display by a huge margin."
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Common sense =/= Fact
Common sense is a subjective thing and may be far away from reality especially when it comes from biased person or blind fanboy.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 843; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Note 3 still makes more sense.
3GB RAM in all variants
S800 with a FHD display means less work for CPU/GPU
Minimum variant is 32GB
The Premium Suite of features with SPen etc...
Or just wait for Note 4. :)
9. Jishnusur (Posts: 73; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
You people seem to be the tech geeks in the whole world. And LG engineers being dumb and should learn from you LOL!
14. hipnotika (Posts: 305; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
stilllllllllll are u talking about note 3 ? pehhh
5. joey_sfb (Posts: 3100; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I will still want a note 3. I use s-pen a lot. Physical buttons is also preferred.
32Gb base model is a must for 2014. Sick of 16g model. Too little storage after a hefty system and bloatware tax on the storage.
8. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Sayin it again, if you're rooted , 16 Gigs is no big deal.
There are simple workarounds that only take a couple oc minutes or so to make your phone capable of storing apps on both your Micro SD and internal storage.
Been enjoying the 64 GB + 16 Gb internal combo on 3 of my devices since I discovered Foldermount
19. jellmoo (Posts: 700; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I get that it's an option and that's cool, but any solution that voids your warranty is one that should be thought of *very* carefully.
27. Blazers (Posts: 239; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Just try and root a Note 3 on 4.4.2. It's impossible at this time.
20. drazwy (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
I used to use the pen a lot when I first got it. It was awesome. I haven't touched it in the last 3 months though.
6. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I am nit too sure I agree that the G3 will outgun the Note 3. IMHO both are great devices but the extra GB if RAM on the Note is more likely to aid in better multitaskung when compared to the 200 Mhz advantage in cpu speed for the G3. We have now reached a stage where flagships have more than the required CPU grunt. Most kags are due to insufficient RAM, bloatware or poorly optimized skin (i can see you hiding under the table Touchwiz).
On a side note I wonder why anyone will opt for either of these 2 devices at this time of the year when we are just a couple of months away from Snapdragon 805 sporting phones being released.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Do you realize that there is two variants of LG G3, one with 16 GB of internal storage and 2 GB of RAM and another with 32 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM.
7. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
fast laser focus, OIS blur free images 2.5 clocked on a 801 S.dragon processor top it off 1 watts of power amp speaker..is all i need...
10. skatrdie0 (Posts: 37; Member since: 09 May 2014)
The g3 does come with 3gb of ram. The 16gb model comes with 2gb of ram. The 32 model comes with 3gb of ram.
11. skatrdie0 (Posts: 37; Member since: 09 May 2014)
Just wish they could have at leave made the battery a little larger but they claim they have optimized battery parts from metal to graphite to give better battery life. We shall see
15. hipnotika (Posts: 305; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
lg want to sell 32 gb also more than 16 gb. so they give 3gb ram to 32 gb. selling point.
29. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Where's the 64Gb 4Gb Ram version…?
16. drazwy (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
The Note 3 does not have a top notch camera. Your own last huge camera roundup proved that. It finished down the list. As the owner of a Note 3, it's one of the worst cameras I've used. It's Software image stabilization is garbage. Awful in low light. If the G3 can't beat it, it's not worth me moving to the G3. I upgrade every 4-6 months so I usually like to jump manufactures to get different experiences. On that schedual the feature updates are every minimal usually so I have to nitpick abut more than the average user. Oneplus and G3 is on my short list. Likely will come down to which one I can get first because i've really got the upgrade itch. It's been over 6 months since something has come along to compete with the Note 3.
23. farhad_per (banned) (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Despite S3 is simply the beast but note 3 for me...! Bigger screen must have a better usability and S pen is a game changer for me...of course still love amoled much more than Lcds..!
26. hellonerds (Posts: 265; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I have a tmobil note 3 on att and my contact ends on june.. finally after iphone 1 on att im leaving expensive att rip off. . Might get the G3 on tmobile and go back to note 4..I dont use the s pen much but its so handy..its a must for me lol..
28. AustinPaul (Posts: 41; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Can't imagine that I won't be wowed by the Note 4. That's what I'm waiting for.
30. Diezparda (Posts: 212; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Still love my Note 3, i hope G3 was available in 3 gigs of ram for asian market.
31. neeraj3342 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Now tell me ... which one is the best :p
LG G3 ;)
34. Nicholas-Paul (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 May 2014)
Apple Iphone 5s is so 2011....
I will definitely change Apple for LG G3!
35. Adana (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
Even though LG G3 is newer and has better specs, I would still choose Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I think Note 3 is more practical than LG G3 because the battery lasts longer and because it has a stylus, which is really necessary for phones with big screens. I also like the design of the Note 3 more: the edges are well-rounded and it is significantly thinner - take a look here to see the two side by side, in 3D/ Web GL: versus.com/en/lg-g3-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-3
36. michailkromm (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 May 2014)
note 3 με super Amoled τα σπάει!!! το προτιμώ