Internal RIM documents show off more of BlackBerry 10; BlackBerry Colt 2 to be first BB 10 phone
Pictures of the lockscreen show that you can see notifications without unlocking the phone and the Cinnamon Toast system allows you to receive more information about a notification, by tilting your BlackBerry. The phone is unlocked by dragging up on the screen.
The source that tipped Crackberry to this information also had some RIM news to discuss, such as word that the 10 inch BlackBerry PlayBook has been scrapped and RIM will stick with 7 inch tablets for now. The tipster also revealed that the 4G PlayBooks are still set to launch next month and they will have BBM installed out of the box as expected. Finally, the BlackBerry Colt 2 will be the first BlackBerry 10 model and features metal edges with sharp corners. As CEO Thurston Heins alluded to at the Conference, a model with a physical QWERTY is being developed.
source: Crackberry (1), (2), (3), (4)
Images of BlackBerry 10 OS Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Images of BlackBerry 10 OS
3. A little bit of MeeGo on your phone
4. Notification screen
5. Cinnamon Toast
6. Lock Screen
7. Video Player
1. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I like it and i hope they get to be o the top again with Apple and Android!! LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!!!
2. Maximuscougar (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I think its a little too late for BB to step into the ring. its been several years now since we were introduced to iOS and Android. Both in which have left a firm footprint among consumers. Unless BB does something completely different, it will just be another clone of a clone of a clone....
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3265; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is pretty much completely different. Complete overhaul of the other versions of Blackberry, yet still keeping some characteristics of the old software that BB users are used to. It's pretty nice, they just need some new marketing.
8. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
That's right, now... if only Nokia can do the same thing with Symbian...
13. downphoenix (Posts: 1987; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
If Windows Phone keeps lagging behind not only Android and iOS, but Symbian and Blackberry, then they may have no choice, assuming MS doesnt buy them out.
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3265; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Looks like Blackberry might be in the game again
4. jibraihimi (Posts: 482; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
It looks like copy of Harmattan UI on N9.......
5. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Minimalism? I'm loving it especially the lockscreen interaction.
6. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Blackberry 10 is definitely the change RIM needed. It looks great!
9. andrew1953 (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
I have an N9 so if BB go MeeGo thats great.
10. Maximuscougar (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 May 2012)
head over to youtube and check out the keyboard shortcuts for the texting demo of BBX. pretty cool how the words appear right above the letters on the actual keyboard and not above the on screen keyboard like iOS and Android.
11. BBGrind (Posts: 49; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Come on BB10, lets see quad core now. And is a go.
12. grif_ (Posts: 61; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Nokia sold its soul to Microsoft in the hopes that it will save them. RIM however chose instead to save itself, not putting its fate in the hands of another company like nokia did.
14. downphoenix (Posts: 1987; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
we will see if sticking to their guns pays off for them, but one thing is for sure, they at least are ready to go out guns blazing. Nokia is just self mutilating themselves, RIM is actually trying to fight its way out.
15. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
looks like a mixture of Belle and Meego...
anyway, I hope for the best!
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 1111; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yes! Blackberry is coming back I hope the design of their new line will be awesome.
18. grif_ (Posts: 61; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Besides that one comment from that guy its good to see that ppl still have the belief That rim Can bouce back.