Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard brings native themes
The first Ice Cream Sandwich flavored Android smartphone, the Samsung GALAXY Nexus is now expected to launch on November 21st which means we should start hearing more about the new stock QWERTY soon. You can take a look at some screenshots of the new keyboards below and let us know what you think by dropping a comment in the box below In order they are called Basic Theme, Basic High Contrast, Gingerbread, ICS, Stone Bold and Stone Normal.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I want to see a glowy Tron theme keyboard. I know I'm shamelessly earning geek points, but that's what I want.
3. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I bet there would be more on the market.
In terms of the OS Personalize stuff, nothing beats android.
15. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
i can't agree. For you Symbian may be dead, but it's more flexible. And themes have been there from the same beginning.
17. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
ive seen a tron themes skin for go keyboard or maybe it was better keyboard,er one or two of the many keyboard apps on the android market have a tron version,and yes they looked really cool!
18. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I have a thumb keyboard on my tablet that is tron themed.. love it. :)
5. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i can dig it. power to the developers.
6. 1701nino (unregistered)
ios has the best keyboard.;)
9. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
yeah, for people who like ios keyboards, ha!
12. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I have a 4.1" screen on my Triumph and I still make more typos on this android device than on my iPod touch 4G. If I have both devices with me, I typically reach for the itouch since it is more responsive when typing on messageboards.
16. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1060; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
There's no such thing as a "4G" iPod Touch... Smh
7. bigboss (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
We are talking about keyboard themes not the best keyboard.
8. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
read this online a few times and dyin to replace my eris with the beast that is the Galaxy Nexus. no more waiting 6 months for a firmware update that was promised to be soon after i bought the device. then eol'd fml. nice themes
10. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
The small reasons why I love android. Just imagine the possibilities. Not just TRON style but bubble, crayon, full screen, see through keyboard. I'll be the nerd who changes out his keyboard every week!
11. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Why so much thumbing down on non offensive comments?
13. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Why themes otpion came so late when on the others systems it's something obvious?