IE10 for Windows Phone 8 will finally be competent in HTML5
1. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Im pretty sure that´s gonna improve more than that.
2. joeymk (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
It's still in beta. So i'm hoping for score 370+
3. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
i think WP7 is a very balanced OS. Its nice and clean. But the chance of me leaving android is when pigs fly.
4. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
After the radiation accident at Fukushima, Japan, soon.
11. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
If you use the black bird that explodes, you might be able to make the pigs fly :p
14. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I'm looking more forward to carnivorous winged kangaroos. Beware, they are coming.
5. wp74ver (banned) (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 May 2012)
That's just a beta can wait to have it on my white lumia 900 WP best is ever lol .
6. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
same, I was worried that the lumia 900 wouldn't get windows phone 8 so I contacted them and they said it was and they are also providing camera improvements
9. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
What? Give us more details on what they said about the upgradeability to WP8. You got some screenshots or something to back it up? :-)
19. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
sorry I just saw this now but here you go I saved it just encase somebody asked :Dhttp://i621.photobucket.com/al
20. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
You should read thehttp://wmpoweruser.com/at-least-nokia-care-thinks-the-nokia-lumia-900-is-upgradable-to-windows-phone-8/ article ;-) I gave you some cred there at the bottom for your find when I tipped them! ^^
7. iluvtrolling (banned) (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Android needs to learn to innovate, its always copying like its counterpart Samsung.
10. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I cant take your comment seriously "iluvtrolling"
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It is going to improve, thus so far encouraging
12. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
At the moment I couldn't care less in the score on the html5 test, for me the IE9 (and 8 for that matter) on Windows Phone is so much more smoother than on any phone, Android and iOS alike.
13. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
its smooth yes, but lacks hardware and software.
even ios is better atleast it supports better cpu gpu...
15. xperia (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 May 2012)
mark my words windows 8 will be super duper flop on destop it is fine on tablets but no way on desktop
16. isprobi (Posts: 304; Member since: 30 May 2011)
HTML5 support is nice to have. But my biggest issue with IE on Windows Phone is not being able to play videos. When I go to sites like engadget.com I usually find that about 1/3 of the videos cannot be played. And I cannot watch streaming video like the engadget podcast. When I go to sites like abc.com or Amazon Prime it tells me I need Adobe Flash. I watch allot of online videos so this shortcoming keeps me running Android and just using my WP phone sometimes. And the main reason I use the WP phone is the physical camera button and 16 MP camera on the HTC Titan 2 not because of the OS. In my opinion Windows Phone OS is still only half done compared to Android. It does seem to have much better battery life though.
17. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Personally, IE9 on my Lumia 900 is the best mobile browser I've ever used. IE10 can only improve it.