Handheld gadget with flexible display poses for the camera, carries a Samsung logo
1. Arpad posted on 02 Feb 2012, 08:59 3
I doubt the entire phone is bendable. Probably only some "bending zones" do bend.
Where the cpu, memory is wont bend.
I also doubt it can bend over 90 degrees.
15. cheetah2k posted on 02 Feb 2012, 15:36 1
They would have non bend zones that are generally flat, and interconnect all components with the flexible ribbon wiring. It's been demonstrated possible before by Samsung.
23. LoneShaolin posted on 03 Feb 2012, 13:20 0
2. arcq12 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 09:00 16
what is the point of bending the phone though? I'm not getting it..
8. kainy posted on 02 Feb 2012, 09:28 0
Nokia did have a demo of bending display and navigation trough menus and zooming on pics and stuff you should check it ;)
14. BioTek posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:46 1
Some enjoyable entertainment for a couple of minutes.
17. wright posted on 02 Feb 2012, 16:04 0
yeah seems cool and all but im not getting it either
9. bikerbill12 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 09:41 0
its real we make material that they use to make the display.They sputter the metal we.make onto a flexible laminate and use surface mount to make the display totally flexible
And they are making 60" screens that fold up into your pocket for TVs . Those should be showing up by the end of the year . Samsung has kept us busy for the last year and his year too
10. IgorEfremenko posted on 02 Feb 2012, 09:42 7
Usually, it's soft and bendable. All you need to make a call is just to stroke it a little to get it hard...
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist :)
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 02 Feb 2012, 10:15 1
did we get Samsunged or is that the Galaxy flexi ?
12. dejahu posted on 02 Feb 2012, 11:31 0
Oh how slap bracelets have evolved from the late 80's / early 90's.
16. Hildy posted on 02 Feb 2012, 15:48 0
If I can stick it in my back pocket and sit on it, great. Otherwise, why?
18. squallz506 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 18:01 0
The picture has the device open to a phone dialer. Looks cool. I'd like to see apple Sue over a design like that.
19. ilani posted on 02 Feb 2012, 18:31 0
I Miss my Flip-Phone! can you imagine a Flip-SmartPhone?
22. OpTiKaWn posted on 03 Feb 2012, 10:50 0
IF u look its in the exact same position in every single picture its probly just a curved screen at least for this model here, I do know for a fact there is bendable screens even Sony had workable demos years ago.... but I doubt the one here bends up it looks solid just made into that position to show off the flexability. Who knows it may bend but UN till they show more pictures in different position or a video then womp wimp who cares... this is one thing with about 2 uses 1 is to prevent screens from breaking and 2 would be to have a small device with a giant fold out screen, other wise not much use maby to make things with weird shaped screens around it like a globe or cylinder or something but really nothing of super use u know...