HTC One M8 Prime to be the first device with Sense 6.5 UI
Unfortunately, there’s no word on what the new UI will bring in terms of design and functionality. Sense 6.0 UI, which debuted earlier this year on the HTC One M8, looks quite different from the older Sense 5.5 UI, with a flattened, more modern design. Will version 6.5 also bring significant visual enhancements? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see.
The HTC One M8 Prime is supposed to be a very large handset with a 5.5-inch Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560) display. It should have a waterproof body made out of aluminum and liquid silicone, while also featuring LTE-A Cat. 6, 3GB of RAM, a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 processor, and a dual-lens rear camera with dual LED flash.
You can see the M8 Prime in the renders below (a close-up image of its rear camera is also included). We don’t know exactly when the device will be announced, but rumor has it that HTC plans to introduce it in September.
1. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
This could be a sweet phone if the camera doesn't suck.
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Camera will great in this device. Don't worry. It's a butterfly version.
2. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
it will be as tall as galaxy mega
21. darkskoliro (Posts: 995; Member since: 07 May 2012)
The new Sense has always been debuted on the first flagship at Q1, then followed by .5 halfway through the year with slight improvements in all aspects, nothing drastic. What do you mean they keep pumping out new sense versions?
4. Beijendorf (Posts: 324; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I'm not buying it. There's no way HTC would go back to their failing 2007-designs after having released the One M7 and One M8, some of the most beautifully crafted phones to hit the market.
This simply has to be faked rumors. Something something evleaks is mad at HTC and is getting back at them.
5. jrod78414 (Posts: 102; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
its awesome phone no matter what it has. I'm not going to lie "sense" hasnt changed much. still the same all they do just take out stuff. Not really new
6. amiroomg (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
i need this beats..everything will be complete with great camera..
bring us htc..
u r best
7. papss (unregistered)
Not sure I like this render design.. Looks generic like an N5 and that's just wrong from HTC.
8. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I hope HTC listens to us that we don't want a stupid 4 MP camera
11. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1640; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I hope this render isn't real and the sides are white/silver. Looks too much like the iPhone
13. fsalto98 (Posts: 31; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I wonder what carriers will support the m8 prime?
15. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
everything about this phone sounds good,but i'm only sceptical about its camera.....somebody please kick mr.chau and make him aware, that his up-mp cam is not working for public,so he needs to do away it, and include some good camera in this phone.....
16. CALL-151 (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 May 2014)
It's a nice industrial design. I hope they will start using hi-tech ceramics at some point.
17. oister85 (Posts: 408; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Please HTC listen to your costumers........ NO 4 MP.
18. Anshulonweb (Posts: 348; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
and than people curse sony for 6 months upgrade cycle..... htc is doing the same...
22. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I have lost the excitement for new phones from now on. LG G3 will be as big as the z2 which I think is HUGE. Now HTC M8 Prime showcased how big phones are getting. This is ridiculous. Gonna hold on my iphone 4s for a while until Z2 compact comes out.
23. Mrmark (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Put the Harman in that Kardon! If they add that feature with the nice ear buds and make it available on all carriers like the Nexus 5 with all bands .... Wow they got my money!
24. gaara6775 (Posts: 469; Member since: 20 May 2014)
back looks good just make good coloured pattern and just make the side panels like DNA . hate to see dual lens here,hope it's not up and if it is make it 16ump :D