Google releases Android Device Manager app
1. checkmymike (Posts: 140; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
So when you lost your phone, you find another phone or tablet with the app android device manager installed in it?!
3. Finalflash (Posts: 2198; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, likely one of your friend's of family nearby will have it.
6. decent4u (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
There is no need for another android, u just need to access the internet, all of the things could also be done by going to the website of android device manager.
8. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
It's becoming pretty common for people to have more than one device. I'll have this installed on both my Nexus 5 and 7 so I can wipe either if needed. The website will also always be an option. My son uses my Google login since he's 9 so I can track his tab and wipe/locate it if ever needed.
4. andynaija (Posts: 673; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
How is it annoying that it took an extra four months to release it? What if they didn't release an app at all? At least be grateful that they did instead of complaining about it.
5. MyJobSux (Posts: 87; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
According to the article it has to be on the same google acct. I doubt your sharing your google acct with your buds. I could see you sharing it with your family maybe but most wont.
7. steedsofwar (unregistered)
it takes a few seonds to sign myself into another android, wipe my lost device and then log out of my account from the random android i just used to wipe.