Google Nexus 7 already sold out at Staples with 32GB model now on 3 to 4 week back order at Amazon
If you desperately need the new Nexus 7, you could check out some other retail outlets like Best Buy, Walmart and of course, the Google Play Store. The latter started accepting orders for the two refreshed versions of the Google Nexus 7 with Google saying that orders will ship no later than July 30th.
Seeing Staples offer the new Nexus 7 before the July 30th launch date is not a surprise. Last year, a Kissimmee Staples started selling the 32GB version of the OG Google Nexus 7 more than a week before it was supposed to be on sale.
source: Amazon via AndroidCentral
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9907; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Glad to see there isn't a huge watermark covering the whole picture this time. Fail of the year.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9907; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Look how much you save! Amazon is the king of all trolls lol.
4. Sauce (unregistered)
Well done ~ Kudos
6. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Well Google did increase their sales target for the device like 2-3x more than for last year's model, so I'm sure they asked Asus to step up production accordingly. Perhaps Amazon is just playing safe-estimate here.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The Nexus 7 is out of stock at certain BestBuy locations that were selling them ahead of the July 30th 'official' release date. I stopped by the San Carlos, CA BestBuy and they are on back order - they blew through their supply before the morning was out....
I just hope this isn't a repeat of the Nexus 4 fiasco.
8. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
The Nexus 7.0 pisses on the ipad mini. EVERY ASPECT OF THE NEXUS IS 4X better THAN THE IPAD MINI, YET THE IPAD MINI IS MORE EXPENSIVE. SORRY BUT U HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT TO BUY THE IPAD MINI AT THIS POINT!
10. Jklaz (Posts: 145; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I'm an andriod fanatic.. and i believe that about all Apple devices. Its good to see the nexus 7 selling out.. people are finally realizing
13. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
There's one thing the iPad does better than the Nexus 7, and that's run iOS. I recently bought a tablet and it was a toss up between the previous Nexus 7 and the iPad Mini. The iPad won out because it runs iOS.
18. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
Good for you loser. Now you own a crappy tablet with poor specs that are 2-3 years back of what is considered first rate. You have less selection in your app store, and you paid almost double what it should cost and got a inferior product. You are now officially another ifool.....baaaa.....baaaa.
19. Blazers (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
BUZZ! Wrong answer! I have an iPad and Note 10.1, and the iPad has much better quality apps, and gets them faster. Now besides that, the Note 10.1 is superior.
11. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I got mine!!! It's so much better than the first one!!
14. pinball00 (Posts: 22; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
here we go again same issue that google had with nexus 4
15. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I can see why people want the 32GB version! I have that version of the original nexus 7 and I love it. You can't go wrong with that
16. imkyle (Posts: 1053; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
My local best buy said they only sold 2 so far. But people near me are morons so that's why.
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Ahhhh, analysts... can't live with'em, can't shove their heads up their own backsides. Even though that tends to be where they speak from most.