Google Experience launcher staying as Nexus 5 exclusive for now
1. datsyuk (Posts: 146; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
They want to keep the launcher only on the Nexus 5 so people buy the phone yet they don't advertise it, give a release date or even a press conference for it lol
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 958; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
And yet Google is still sold out of all models and I still haven’t received mine. So basically what you’re saying is that if they held a press conference or advertised it the chances of getting one would be better?
Google did not need some overblown press conference. They need help in making more product because their selling like hotcakes.
8. cc3493 (Posts: 121; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Selling out doesnt always mean they sold a lot. Could just mean they didnt make a lot. Kinda like the 2nd gen surface. Im pretty sure they made less inventory than last time, also KINDA same as iphone, make less so it seems you sold a lot.
And you said " So basically what you’re saying is that if they held a press conference or advertised it the chances of getting one would be better? " that doesnt make any sense to what he/she said. He/she never said anything about the availability of the phone.
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 861; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I personally prefer the old Jelly Bean-style launcher. Transparent bars are nice, though.
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That's weird, I currently have gel installed on my s3 and nn7
5. uchihakurtz (Posts: 165; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow so somehow my phone is a Nexus 5 now, LOL.
6. twens (Posts: 423; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
But the launcher is all over the net who needs it on the play store. Lol
7. boosook (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Another bad move after the galaxy nexus affair… so now when we buy a nexus not only do we know that it won't be updated for more than 18 months, but also that it's not true anymore that it will always have the latest android version. Yes, it will have it, but not with all the features… just like apple does with the iphone.
With these two moves, Google has just destroyed one of the major selling points of the Nexus phones and tablets.
11. 8logic (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
its not android, its just a launcher. my guess is, google is trying to create a proprietary launcher/skin that google have control over since android is free and open.
12. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
We knew about googles device life since the nexus one was discontinued. And again we saw the nexus s die. The galaxy nexus being end of lifed was no surprise.
13. 1701nino (Posts: 207; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Wait what?I have a nexus 4,what does this mean?When we get kita kat,will it look different or some features won't work.I don't get it.
14. Jommick (Posts: 91; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
And yet, there's still a link to side load it on this website.
15. 8logic (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
What are you talking about?? Of course at some point you can't update old devices because there's a hardware demand. Part of the launcher requires a low energy cpu that can operate "always on mic", like sd800.
16. 8logic (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
The fact that 4.4 is optimized for lower specs means more devices will be able to run it, but there's also parts that requires higher end specs. So, it make sense to break up the OS; The core will still be the same.
17. 1701nino (Posts: 207; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Still that doesn't justify why they won't include the new launcher.