First alleged Sony Honami photo sample appears
We've seen multiple pictures of the device itself, including close-ups. We've also seen the camera interface, and we even saw the Sony Honami shine its fancy internals on a visit to GFXBench. One of the few things we haven't actually seen? Photo samples. That's right, photo samples have been quite elusive, especially for a handset the camera module of which has received tremendous attention.
This may have changed now, for an alleged photo sample has leaked out on the forum boards of Vietnamese Tinhte. Said sample is, purportedly, from a very early prototype, so we're hoping for more by the time the Sony Honami ships (announcement is expected during this September's IFA2013).
So can we trust this photo sample's authenticity? It's certainly possible, but we'd nevertheless suggest you take this new intel with a pinch of salt.
Alleged photo sample and the Sony Honami
1. The alleged Sony Honami photo sample
source: Tinhte via XPERIA Blog
1. boosook (Posts: 992; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The fact that you can choose between 20MP or 8MP resolution makes me think that the 8MP mode could do pixel-binning like the Lumia's PureView or the new Moto X to achieve higher quality...
23. McLTE (Posts: 695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Cameras have been able to do this forever. That you can select resolution has NOTHING to do with "pixel-binning".
25. jb4674 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I don't mean to be rude but, are you f'ing serious posting a moronic comment like that?
Let's take the image in question and assume that it's the real deal. What could a xenon flash accomplish in a dailight shot?
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8282; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Question is, are you f'ing serious? I'm pretty sure he meant that he expects the phone to sport a Xenon flash instead of a single or dual LED.
You need to stop trolling and go back to school.
31. Airforce (Posts: 62; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
loooooooooool...am really enjoying the insults going..its quite entertaining always on PHONEARENA...HAHHAA
4. hipnotika (Posts: 298; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
led flash is better than xenon flash.
look at lumia 928 night shots vs lumia 920 night shots rewiev ;)
lumia 920 with led flash win over lumia 928 @ night shots
29. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
buhehehe..heresy you're saying. dude, heresy.
5. torgrim (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
No real flash here and small photo sensor... Move on, move on...
6. MrKoles (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Extremely sexy phone despite of the huge bezels!
I really miss the Xenon flash, a cameraphone should really get one.
I just wish a good display (at least better than Xperia Z´s) and better battery life.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8282; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You base that off a black rectangle? Lol okay.
12. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
and i really dont know why people are going gaga over the iphone when Honami's back alone is delicious.
14. agnoropy (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
i want slim phone like z ultra
a simple camera is enough for me.to post photos over internet
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6440; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I gotta decide the Honami or the X phone.
21. fistigons (Posts: 263; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I doubt the Honami will be $300 off contract.
22. pwnarena (Posts: 890; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
well xphone is supposedly cheaper. i just hope it really comes to us with the same US price. the nexus here is priced like a galaxy flagship.
24. McLTE (Posts: 695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I don't know why people get so excited over sample pics from upcoming phones. The are almost never done in controlled lighting, which is necessary to really determine the camera capabilities.
Plus.. leaked pics are so easily faked.
26. jb4674 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I'll wait until the official press shots are released. I am interested in the phone and will buy it regardless of the camera's abilities.