Firmware update pushed out for Nokia Lumia 1520
The update takes about 5 to 10 minutes to install once it is downloaded, and you won't be able to make or take calls during this time. We'd suggest using a Wi-Fi connection while downloading the update so that you don't use your precious data allowance. And of course, you should have your battery charged to at least 50% before starting the process.
If you've updated your Nokia Lumia 1520, let us know if you can see any changes to your phablet. You can leave your comments in the box below.
source: @Nawzil8 via WMPoweruser
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No statement of what is fixed with the update?
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3697; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Don't you see numbers dude dude dude. Lol
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not sure what you are posting. The number of the update doesn't specify what is being updated. Clicking on the links don't tell anything. So, where to find a statement of what is being updated?
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3697; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Chat with Nokia customer representative.
9. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Nokia microsoft goes Android.
And now they will start selling phones.
16. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1511; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Can someone ban this troll, he's on every WP article posting irrelevant comments with bad English!
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
No, PA only bans real fans who give helpful input.. They love trolls like this because they actually hate WP themselves... You think they are gonna back us up?... Not likely.
23. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1511; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Well I got his previous account banned...but let's see where this ends up!
26. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
One more comment from me, that PA doesn't like, and I'll be banned for a week... But, I do challenge these haters pretty hard.. The bad thing about it is that PA is ran by a lot of haters, so it's hard for a brotha like me too come up... It's like being in the south man!!!... Lol
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3697; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
This is 1003 times I'm reading your same comment. Lol we know Nokia x family will sold a lot.
10. Alan01 (Posts: 219; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Sorry, no changelist yet. It would seem to be some annoying little bugs getting fixed.
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Do you have further evidence of the update, Alan?.. The last time you guys reported on a update for the 1520 it was hoax.. I've checked my device and don't see anything yet, but I'll check it again in a little while...
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yes!! It's been confirmed by Daniel Rubino of WPCentral that this is a lie.. Once again PA has done irresponsible reporting...
Nokia has never done updates on Sundays. THIS IS NOT TRUE PEOPLE.. NO UPDATE FOR THE 1520 TODAY!!!
25. FirstoneVorlon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
The update actualy rolled out last Thursday for me. I was checking for an update almost everyday and Thursday night I got lucky.
I don't know about the changes as well, I believe most of them where bug fixes. What I did notice after the update:
1- There's an option to make the Windows keys NOT vibrate. I wanted this for a long time and it works fine.
2- The problem with the phone interpreting a touch when you actualy want to scroll up, down or sideways seems to be less noticeable but it still happens.
3- I had problems with the screen brightness taking too long to adjust when the luminosity in the environment changed drasticaly. Not anymore, the phone adjusts very fast to the new conditions.
There's probably more but I did not notice many more things considering the way I use my phone.
Mine is an international version of the 1520, unlocked.
33. FirstoneVorlon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
Ah, I forgot to mention. I also noticed much better connectivity with Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi networks. Many times, my phone decided not to pair with my Bluetooth enabled car system (Pioneer). I had to force the connection about 40% of the times. This is not happening any longer after the update. I also had a problem where Wi-Fi would "disconnect" from my home Access Point, even when keep connected was checked under Wi-Fi, Advanced settings. This behavior has not repeated itself as well after the update.
3. HASHTAG (Posts: 192; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Hopefully it fixes the issues I'm having with my 1520.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I've had issues with the screen dimming bug adjusts the screen brightness down about 20% even when auto adjust is off... It's not a settings issue, and this isn't normal behavior for a WP device..
14. HASHTAG (Posts: 192; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Well I've been having wi-fi, and automatic reboot issues...
29. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
You should maybe try to get it replace, its either an app or the phone itself, cause mines do not have those issues
28. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
You sure its not an app that's doing all of those because I do not have no reboots or any of those issues, but then again I do not download much, even on android I do not download much
35. FirstoneVorlon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
I did not have the reboot issues you mention. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth yes.
38. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I never use Bluetooth so I am not sure if I will have problems with it, the only issue I get is the touch sensitivity when I enter my pin
4. papss (unregistered)
I've not had any issues with my 1520 so I'm curious what it could be.. Hmm
5. papss (unregistered)
Hmmm no update on mine yet
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The last time PA reported on a update it was false... When WPC reports on it then you can hold your breath..
18. DerryAhmad (Posts: 247; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I've got the Update too yesterday. Not sure what the changes are. There are no spesifics given.
Probably some minor fixes.
27. DerryAhmad (Posts: 247; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I'm in Indonesia. But bought my 1520 from Malaysia.
I thought this update was seeded awhile ago (my phone was lagged behind everyone).
20. papss (unregistered)
Still nothing.. Since I don't know of a bug and my phone seems I'll live
31. DerryAhmad (Posts: 247; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I think it's the same update reported by WPCentral a couple of weeks ago:
OS Version: 8.0.10521.155
Firmware revision number: 1028.3562.1402.00xx
Build ID (from Extras+Info): 1028.3562.1402.10xxx
My hardware is: RM-937 Malaysia
30. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
For those that are really having issues, I think you should send it back, because I never had one on this phone, I think its a hardware problem or could be an app, by the way how long do everyone battery last, I get 4 days the most, 2 days the least
32. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
here is a link of my battery for those who want to see and for those who do not believe it last for 2 to 4 days
34. FirstoneVorlon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
My battery lasts at least 2 days, I agree with you. And I do use it quite a bit. After the updated firmware I am noticing the battery is lasting a while longer in my case. I don't know if this is related to the fact that I disabled vibration for the Windows Keys but it's going for 3 days now with a full charge.
I honestly could not be happier, this phone ROCKS.
37. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I agree, I cannot go back to smaller batteries, I can literally go a day without having to think if my battery will die or not..... when I was on android I had to look every 6 or 7 hours to make sure theres a charger around me if the battery get any lower