Buy the Samsung Galaxy S5 and get $575 in freebies from Samsung Galaxy Gifts
Other freebies include a 12 month subscription to Bloomberg Businessweek ($30 value), 50GB of cloud based storage from Box for 6 months ($60 value), $50 of special deals from PayPal, one year of personal trainer Run Keeper worth $20 and a slew of other health and fitness related apps. You can check out the entire bundled package at the sourcelink.
The entire value of all of the bundled apps comes out to $575.
source: SamsungGalaxyGifts via AndroidCentral
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8240; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They did the same last year and guess how many models they sold.
7. nctx77 (Posts: 495; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
A whole lot less than what they were hoping. After the initial rush, it faded fast. Remember they said they were going to sell 100 million LOL!
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8240; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So...? 45+ million is far better than any other OEM besides Apple combined.
30. sipha (Posts: 265; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Samsung never said they would sell 100m..those were a rumors by the media and i think the galaxy S5 proved just how trustworthy those can be...
31. SayMobile (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
63.5 million Galaxy S4 have been sold till date according to the International Business Times. Now thats quite a number, considering the fact that its been around in d market for only 10 months
34. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I think the S5 will outsell the S4 hands down, while it's not a complete departure from the previous designs, it will capture a lot of sales from people coming off of traditional 2-year contracts in the united states with the Galaxy S3, and probably some iPhone 4s, and 5 users since we are at least 6-8 months out from the iPhone 6.
The Galaxy S5 does offer some new distractions like water-resistance, and the fingerprint sensor, so for 90% of the consumers (not us), it will seem "All new".
6. LiyanaBG (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i second that sammy is very desperate.
the s5 is just an s4 with more bezels and BAND-AID on the back
and btw i have a note 3 and its a great phone alot better than the s5 AKA S4
but i'm honest unlike most samsung users when i don't like something i admit it.
9. Taters (Posts: 2918; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I have complained plenty about The GS5 but how is that desperate? If they think they could have used the money in a better way they would have....
Look up the definition of desperation and this is pretty damn far from it. In fact, they aren't even in any threatening situation yet..
11. LiyanaBG (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
they should have made a better phone with this money than giving free useless gifts.
the only phone i give credit for to samsung which they did an amazing job is the note 3 the rest is just disappointment
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8240; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They made a pretty damn good phone. It's head to head with the Z2 with specs and is worthy of a 2014 flagship title.
15. Taters (Posts: 2918; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I agree but that still isn't desperation. Desperation would be making the crazy phone we all wanted.
Smaller than the GS4
Gorilla glass 4
64 bit exynos
4000 mah battery
And then selling it for less than a Nexus device and losing money on each handset.
That would be desperate...
This is just them relaxing and releasing what they want and putting money into what they want. The opposite of desperate....
28. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
just because the package is worth $575 doesn't mean that samsung is paying $575 per package - they will have some bulk deal and which costs them a fraction of the price. If they really were willing to spend $575 per packae they'd be gifting Samsung smart watches instead.
27. geordie8t1 (Posts: 101; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
If you read the forums actually instead of making stupid comments about users, is that many samsung users including myself have very publicly slated this devices.
Lots of users are not happy with the s5 so wind your neck in..
21. skyline88 (Posts: 315; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
dont worry, they're not as desperate as Apple, HTC and Sony.
so keep calm and get S5.
3. Gemmol (Posts: 535; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
They need to give a better deal then that, then again maybe I just have a different preference on things I like
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8240; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because $575 in freebies is a bad deal...dot.
10. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
As if there isn't enough bloat on a GS5.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8240; Member since: 14 May 2012)
16. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
That's better but not great. I am using an 8GB N4 and am chugging along just fine so I guess it doesn't matter much to me. I think the usable space on the N4 is 5.8GB of 8GB. But it is a Nexus.
17. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
My bad. The usable space is 5.67 of 8GB.
29. hassoups (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Now multiply that by 2 and tell me how much of a difference that is.. Nexus warriors smh..
12. mayanks (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
I want s5 without freebies..but give me discount of $575 on s5..then i'll surely buy it.. LOL :-P
18. Taters (Posts: 2918; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am sure they are paying those companies much less. Those companies get free advertising too. Samsung is probably not paying them 1/5 of that.
Unlike Apple, they don't think software costs more than hardware.
20. mayanks (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
yeah u r rite..they making us fool noting else..
i think samsung is taking money from that companies for advertisment....because all apps are worst apps and not of use..
19. newbey123 (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
No, thanks crapsung. I see through your smoke and plastic ploy. I wouldn't waste any money your products. Though I did register to win a free one so I can sale it and get a much better phone.
23. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Why do you feel the need to troll Samsung articles?
33. mrblah (Posts: 436; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
what are u his daddy? who cares, if u get butt hurt over some one trolling the internet, you need a life
22. toink (unregistered)
They should've included a free flip cover to hide its uninspiring design.
24. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Usual Sony/HTC roaches trying to paint a negative picture of Samsung lol. It's called marketing and business returns. They know consumers love the idea of getting "free" stuff, entice them with potentially lucrative deals to net a still-be profit and mindshare gain as a byproduct. It's intelligent and effective. Not desperate.
25. hellobib (Posts: 14; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
So we must be stupid, most of these things are paid things thats trading even more money from us....... get lost Samsung
32. seanwhat (Posts: 105; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
cut the rope 2 not even on android though?
35. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Interesting new way of marketing bloatware