Apple tipped to announce new hardware at WWDC; will it be the Apple iWatch at long last?
During WWDC, we should see Apple introduce iOS 8 with the new Healthbook fitness tracking app. And we also are getting a surprise. According to a report published on Wednesday, Apple is rumored to be introducing new hardware during the conference. That could mean anything, although earlier this year there were rumors that Apple would introduce the long-awaited iWatch during WWDC. That would make a lot of sense. If Healthbook is going to be revealed during the conference as the app where all of your medical metrics are stored and analyzed, you would expect to see Apple show off the hardware involved in capturing those readings. And that is where the Apple iWatch comes into play.
As far as the Apple iPhone is concerned, back in January, one analyst called for Apple to introduce a 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 and a 5.7 Apple iPhone phablet at WWDC. According to this rumor, the Apple iPhone 6 would be released shortly after the developer conference, with the larger iPhone phablet getting released later in the year. With other rumors calling for the new Apple iPhone model (s) to be introduced later this year, we will just have to wait to see what the mystery hardware announcement will be, if indeed there is one. Luckily, we don't have much long to wait.
source: WWDC via 9to5Mac (1), (2)
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Show them how it's done. Whatever it is, it will sell in the millions and will make the fandroids cry.
2. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1457; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
That's an understatement. They'll end up depressed.
8. Sauce (unregistered)
"ships" seems to be a famous word you guys like to toss around when it comes to sales numbers lmao. Before you get buttox hurt, understand I'm only poking around. A lot of peoples feelings have been getting hurt lately from my posts. Thanks
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
While I gave up my iFaith long ago, I respect the beliefs of those iFans who have stuck with Apple, even after iPope StevenPaul ascended to iHeaven.
Keeping the iFaith while iCamping for many long hot summer months can be tough. I'm sure if you hold strong to your iFaith, you will be well rewarded with iProduct by Saint Ive during the iRapture.
26. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
PAPINYC writes like that
Your writing like him
53. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Your writing like him"
I am just a machine learning how to write from all of you. This time it is PAPINYC. I wonder what his life is like. The people in NYC who are called "daddy" are so different from daddies from other cities.
28. Sauce (unregistered)
I thought you were educated. You are part of the aHerd now.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Notice that stock price back in the 600's? Fandroids/Sammites no likey that.
29. Sauce (unregistered)
I should have invested in Apple & Google stock back when I was growing up. I remember it being $50 a share. Man, I coulda' been one happy puppy this decade.
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't we wish lol. We'd have bank bro. +1
42. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I remember when it was at 200p and I wanted to by shares of Apple also AstraZeneca and CreditSuisse and BnpParibas
49. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I remember when it was in the high 700's, and analysts were saying it would break 1000, some even 1300. With the amount of things they've done to bring value back to their stock, it better be going back up. How much can you buy back and not have it move?
3. Antimio (Posts: 279; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
Yeah! that's right, they'll be giving their attendees a free iPad, free iPhone and a free iWatch just like google did with Google IO: Free Nexus 7, Nexus Q and Galaxy Nexus. Oh wait...
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Never compare the budget nexus line to the top of the line Apple products, Nexus Q??? Galaxy Nexus.. those products were given away for a reason, Nexus 7 is the exception here
19. tedkord (Posts: 5114; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'd take a Nexus 4 or 5 over any iPhone, and a Nexus 7 over an iPad mini any day.
4. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Whatever it is it will sell true
Even if its outdated and feautreless it will sell
11. Doakie (Posts: 1305; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I was just going to say, they need to launch the 4.7" iPhone 6 because they're getting WAY too far behind in this hardware race. Its almost like the tortoise and the hare, except the tortoise is glued to the ground.......
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the "glued" tortoise is beating the speedy hare in single sales, imagine when the tortoise will shake off the glue..
20. tedkord (Posts: 5114; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They're not even beating the hare's leading manufacturer.
9. tedkord (Posts: 5114; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"Whatever it is, it will sell in the millions..."
So you're saying that no matter what Apple releases, crap or not, Apple fans will buy it?
12. Doakie (Posts: 1305; Member since: 06 May 2009)
That's exactly what he's saying. They buy tiny shiny crap.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
There is people already decided on buying the Note 4 without anything other than rumor being trown around?.. how is this any different?
21. tedkord (Posts: 5114; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, it's no different. Anyone who knows they're buying any device before it's released is a sheep. I don't even buy on release, I wait to see the reviews and try it myself, then after a month or so, I decide. I'm interested in the Note 4, but u can't say I'll buy it. I was interested in the M8 until it came out.
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Good great to no your posting more than before
Unfortunately Taco50 is not around
18. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Are those manly tears? A bit early don't you think?
22. tedkord (Posts: 5114; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Who cried? I just asked you to clarify your statement. Your lack of answer is all the answer we need.
31. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You will never get a reasonable answer from him. He then changes the subject and tries to jumble users by diverging the subject
Androiphone20 and Sauce is debatable
51. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You seem to be under the impression that Apple products are crap. It'll sell in millions because it's something that's going to be in demand. Apple's not forcing anyone to buy their products.
edit: I apologize for the late response. Was @ the gym. More QQ pls!
33. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But sometimes you act like one lol
27. Topcat488 (Posts: 1170; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Assuming that the iWatch will be introduced is just "LaughApple"... More likely iOS8 will be shown, with high hopes of iMaps finally being a finished product. O.o
56. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6678; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
To the most expensive smart watch ever made.
5. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
MacBook Air 2014 pretty please with Retina on top :P
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
iHealthSpyWatch not so interesting to me.
Hopefully Apple has some news of the MBA with retina or what they are doing with iPad Pro.
10. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Better hurry! Since Google surpassed Apple as the #1 most valuable brand, Apple needs all the help it can get.
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Yes, this is worrying me too. Whenever these arbitrary valuations of religious attributes such as "brand" come out, I am worried that the people writing them just do not understand the real value of Apple. This idea that there can be some other brand that is more valuable than Apple is heresy, plain and simple. False idolatry from those who neither understand nor follow the iFaith and are doomed to suffer in eternity, without the soothing flat pastels of iOS to comfort them.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man I can't wait for WWDC, this starts the new season of iOS excitement. Mr. Cook, I'm waiting.
34. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Won't you be camping with your middle aged wife
38. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Scary how people follow a corporation as though they were a member in a cult...
55. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Lmfao and Ninetysix
But the biggest fan is Darkkjedii. Wth he says he's gonna camp overnight with his wife wtf. Lmfao
What a huge big guy in his 40+ acting like kids
60. ecmedic4 (Posts: 202; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Ya know, what other ppl like to do should not be any of your concern. You are able to live your life how you want, and dark is able to live his how he wants to, its not affecting your life in any way now is it? If someone wants to wait in a line for 1 min or a week is their choice. What about ppl on black friday? Getting in fights, knocking each other down and walking over each other, ppl shooting others over a parking space. I think ppl on black friday are way worse than ppl waiting in line for days for an Apple product. Just because you hate Apple doesn't mean you need to demean and make fun of someone else because they do like Apple and Apple's products. Everyone has a personal preference, and since its their money to spend, its no one else's business and no one else should care what they spend it on. If your an adult and making fun of someone else then your acting like a lil kid yourself and have no room to talk. I prefer Apple products myself, but i don't concern myself with what others prefer, and definitely don't bash them for what their preference is, since it really doesn't affect my life what so ever so why should i care? Lot of "adults" on here still have a lot of growing up to do.
62. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said bro, post of the day honors to you. I'll never ever be concerned with what others do or like. Your money, your life, your purchase, enjoy it. Arte is a simpleton that comes here strictly to start trouble, then call others trolls. I'd say Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle. Plus if you'll notice his posting style, he's non other than TrollTM.
58. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6678; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Don't worry Atre they always follow each other in the line like always may be days or a week before launch.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sauce, Gallitoking, what do you guys think they'll show hardware wise? I'm thinking the iWatch, with the iPhones later, like September.
39. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
That would make sense, but, you would hope they will have a surprise waiting for the iFans....
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sauce and Gallito, not networkdood. I'm not interested in fanboy arguments, go away. Please and thank you.
41. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I actually answered very well...stop being a little wussy boy...
44. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Yea Dark stop acting like a kid and act your age
43. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No one is arguing but having a discussion
45. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Darkkjedi, sauce, 96, gallitoking, mxy and taco (gone?)...you posters are some of the biggest flaming trolling fanboys on PhoneArena...as soon as facts are introduced you start showing your true colors and it is sad that PhoneArena even tolerates your crap. I have owned various Androids (Aria, Captivate, Droid RAZR, Coolpad, Nexus), and an HTC Tilt 8925 since 2008. I do not blindly buy a product because it helps a corporation. I am not a follower or cheerleader of these greedy corporations. And, because of that, I have multiple perspectives and I do like to learn more about tech. But, instead, everyone here has to put up with your crap. You guys are like an internet keyboard warrior gang, except you would all cower in person when meeting someone from this site. I can be amecible. But, it is punks like you and your troll gang that have scared away a lot of the regulars from 2010. But, I am sure none of you care, right?
PhoneArena, my suggestion to you is to change the forum to where one must log in to their Facebook account to post...much like on ESPN...that way anyone can block anybody they choose.
46. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You forgot Androiphone20 and Ardent11
47. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The smart classic flamewar trolls
52. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It's the other way around broski. You'll notice that in every Apple article, the Apple haters are the loudest and the ones trolling. They bring the LULz though.
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said bro, I simply asked (politely), that he not comment on my posts. Since I'm such a punk, and a troll, then why even waste his time with me. He also says I'd cower if meeting him, or anyone from this site in person.......dude puuuuuuulease. Just a reminder network, that's actually me in my profile pic. All 6'5" 238 lbs of muscle and man. I don't cower. This is a tech site full of 12-18 year olds lol. C'mon bruh, just go away. Please and thank you.
64. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1643; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
If you have to "brag" you are a big dude. There's a 99% chance you are not. I agree with everyone else, stop acting like a child and man up. If this is "a tech site full of 12-18 year olds" what does that make you? LOL JOKE