Apple partnering with OEM manufacturer Quanta for a 12" iPad
1. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
make a bigger phone , pff ipad is overrated an dull
9. ghaniosman (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I thought an ipad was created for ppl who wanted the features of a laptop but the portability of a smartphone and yet again I was wrong...
17. Commentator (Posts: 2642; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The portability of a smartphone?
I wish I had your pockets...
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1279; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Wow, it's really like they're not trying anymore. They just see what the competition is up to, do the same, add in a little Apple magic and get Jony Ive to say they're doing it right...
4. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 160; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Partly true. Samsung's more fitting to that description than Apple. At least Apple popularized the fingerprint sensor and 64 bit, which other companies seem eager to adapt as well.
10. ghaniosman (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
About the fingerprint sensor I m pretty damm sure every company out there is already workin on it and in near future everyone will b benefited by that feature and the 64-bit processor (made by samsung) came into existence due to samsung's latest technology(@28 nm process) milestone not by just designing it
5. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
They have really good advertisements though, one of the main reasons that they are able to sell their phones. Jony Ive's voice perfectly fits those ads, even if they are exactly the same every year XD
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
12" iPad: Now with over 9000 rows of icons!
7. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
what an idiot.... make your phone bigger,and your ipad smaller!!
8. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Cant wait for the court case on this one. Get someone else to build our tablet, then sue them for it!!
11. jove39 (Posts: 1404; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Bigger iPad would make sense if apple install touch version of osx.
18. razmahtaz001 (Posts: 30; Member since: 11 May 2013)
how is samsung following when samsung is aleady selling a windows 8 12inch tablet since earlier this year? even if its considered a hybrid, what difference is a hybrid tablet different from a tablet with a keyboard dock? they bought transform into a laptop.
also, toshiba built a 13+ inch tablet over a year ago...so who is copying/following who?
whenever apples 12 inch tablet comes out, they will be the one to copy a 12inch...they also copied the 8inch market...and im sure apple will copy smartphone sizes away from their small 4inch screens.
as for 64bit processing, samsung was likely to be the first to use technology in the smartphone considering the note 3 has 3gb of ram...but it looks like apple did it just to beat samsung to the punch...
remember, apple was the last to use 4g/4g lte...the last to use screen size bigger than 3+ inch in a smartphone...the last to build anything other than a 10inch tablet...the last to use a notification bar...the last to use 2gb of ram or more (still stuck in the 512mb/1gb range, haha)
my friend, it looks like apple has been following/copying more than the other way around
20. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Yeah Samsung will follow apples to get paid for manufacturing the A7