Google's URL Shortener now available as an Android app

Google's URL Shortener now available as an Android app
Google's goo.gl is the Mountain View based tech giant's URL shortener website. Now, a third party developer brings the same capabilities to an Android app called simply enough, Google URL Shortener. The app obviously shortens URLs and allows you to share them. You can even get analytics reports on any shortened URL, not just your own, and even access your history with the goo.gl website.

The Google URL Shortener employs the card UI that is becoming a Google trademark. The app is optimized for Android flavored smartphones and 7 inch and 10 inch tablets and allows you to shorten links using "share" in any app. You don't even have to be online to access your data.

The app is free from the Google Play Store and requires the user to have a device powered by Android 4.0 or higher.


source: GoogleURLShortener via AndroidCentral

FEATURED VIDEO

8 Comments

1. TheWolfpacker

Posts: 44; Member since: Feb 25, 2014

That may be the cleanest task bar I've ever seen on an Android powered device.

2. SleepingOz unregistered

That's what we call a new phone. haha

8. shajib64

Posts: 2; Member since: Feb 19, 2015

snipac.com is a fantastic Free URL Shortener Service

6. NexusPhan

Posts: 632; Member since: Jul 11, 2013

That's what my task bar looks like 95% of the time. The other 5% is the time it takes going to read the notification.

3. steedsofwar unregistered

The app is not an app belonging to or produced by Google Inc. It is a third party app.

4. wkm001

Posts: 145; Member since: Feb 04, 2014

Yes, not created by Google. I like URLy.

5. Hammerfest

Posts: 384; Member since: May 12, 2012

I use the crap out of Goo.GL both at home and at work... fan, effting tastic! sure its not made by google, but it uses damn near all of google's resources you get on the site in the full version, WRX for me

7. shajib64

Posts: 2; Member since: Feb 19, 2015

Try snipac.com this is a new service but great for all and it's FREE. It has a lot of features like link life duration, password protection, Custom Alias, Description, Geotargeting, QR Code and more.

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.