ZTE admits there's a security hole in phones sold in the US
1. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
And therein lies the reason why ZTE will never have a strong prescence in the states. In the case of other companies it would be a problem that needs to be fixed but in their case the nature of the problem suggests something that a government who wants to control content consumption of its subscribers would want and that is why. It is simply a concern that would not go ignored.
2. deacz (Posts: 148; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
riight, all they need to do is make a gsIII quality phone for way less and the us consumers will flock to it.
4. hepresearch (unregistered)
Sounds like a recipe for mass espionage by the Chinese government to me...
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5461; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Be quiet, because someone can hear us! Conspiracy... :D
6. networkdood (Posts: 6250; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
actually, that is exactly what has been going on...