Windows Phone-flavored Nokia 703 leaks out, blurry cam pictures test our detective abilities
1. android_hitman (Posts: 587; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
if they don't put some serious specs in there .. it will the final FAIL :))
9. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Dude ... this is 7xx so it is mid range device ... it'll cost like 270-300euros ...
18. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
But at least they're putting out some nice design and not copying others and obviously this a mid range device.
21. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Dude you can use this phone as a KNIFE hahaha I wouldn't want a small child handling that phone without a case that's for sure!!!
2. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
It could potentially fail if specs are sub-par compared to the competition, although Nokia fans will still flock to buy this one no doubt. . .
5. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Not only am i a bada fan, i'm a nokia fan as well and i won't be buying this device. Nice design on the outside, but as soon as you turn the screen on you only get live tiles : (
10. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
huh yep ... you only get live tiles ... what do you want? I guess pure and simple icons?
15. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
WP7 doesnt need monster specs to run. It was designed to run smooth as butter on a snapdragon chipset, which is a weak chip to begin with.
The average consumer wont care as long as it works well, has apps (which it still needs more), and has good battery life. Price it at $100 bux on contract and it should sell decently.
Hopefully their next phone will be high end.. lol :)
20. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
i want widgets and a picture of my own choice as background !!!
39. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
That's what makes the OS lag and unstable when not done correctly. I'm not a programmer but all my college friends tell me that Android it not stable because of the CODE and that it kinda runs on a Java virtual machine. In case you didn't know Oracle sued google because of the inappropriate use of Java.
40. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
bada has widgets and it is a very stable Os and a very fast OS.
45. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
yeah but I'm talking about android. Don't get me wrong I like the widgets and stuff but I realized that that's not good for the phone's performace.
Why do you think iOS doesn't have that, because if not done correctly, it makes the phone lag. Microsoft knows what they're doing just give it some time for the OS to evolve.
12. GJanee (Posts: 196; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
maybe you should get over "the live tiles" stuff, go and read the Wave 3 articel a few more times, or flick around your homescreens on bada... :D :P
this is a serious and clear OS not some kind of playground for kids like droid or bada.
and probably Nokia will reach out for the cheap category with this series. and with this. they can get performance with quality and elegance for cheap. it's sad that most of the people fall for s**tty eyecandies and laggy experience instead of the above said.
16. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ok, how is WP7 a "serious OS" when it does less than android? It even has less office functionality which is MS's strong point. .lol
flame bada and iOS, leave the robot out of it. :)
19. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Obviously you have not seen Microsoft Office for Mango, no office app come close to that, plus sky drive. What else do you want?????
25. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
You can't even make a powerpoint presentation in WP7, i can do that with my bada phones on Picsel smart office.
31. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
That's not true, I've seen people doing it and even controlling remotely the powerpoint presentation on a computer.
32. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
You can read powerpoints on WP7 phones, but you can't make new ones. I believe you can edit powerpoints in WP7, but not make new ones.
35. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Looks like you haven't been watching youtube videos lately. I've seen all that trust me.
36. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I don't watch youtube at all : )
Maybe it's coming with mango, but that function did not exist with NoDo.
23. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
bada can do more than both WP7 and IOS can do. Only Android can do more at the moment.
= bada is not a playground OS.
= WP7 = beta OS
47. picka_ti_materina (unregistered)
And Meego and Maemo s**t on all of the above.
28. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Hey bud, go actually play with a WP7 and open apps and let me know if it lags. Wait, it does. Scrolling on Facebook, watching any kind of flash is nom-existent on a WP7 device. Yeah, your two screen live tiles wont lag, but all of the apps lag worse than Android. Do me a favor and look at the GSII and let me know if it lags in ANY CATEGORY. Even with live wallpapers, it is smooth as butter. And as far as a "real OS" goes, who has more sales than Android? NOT WP7, 3 million phones in 55 days (GSII) is more than WP7 will sell in an entire year. And those facts are completely backed up, even over PhoneArena.
33. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Compare those sales to the very first Android phones that came out in 2008, and then let me know.
44. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I'm not talking about then, I'm talking about now. If they can get WP7 to do everything Android can do, better, then sure, I'll buy one with no problem. And this phone platform has been out for 2 years now? How long do you expect an OS to be labeled as "just starting out"? Android has been out for only 1.5 - 2 years longer. What you see now with WP7 probably wont change as much as you think. Not to mention you can get of these new ports and customization with Android. Just saying. It wont and never will be as popular as Android. I don't really care what OS I use, but I want top notch specs and performance, regardless of what is running on it. Put Microsoft XP on it for all I care.
46. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
If you want good specifications, maybe have a look at the Wave3, 1.4 ghz processor, 4 inch superamoled display, GPS + Glonass, metal and glass body... : )
49. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Microsoft has a lot of experience on developing OS. Everything I see on WP7 Mango works better than on any other OS. Ex: the messaging integration, the xbox live integration, the windows live integration, the iternet explorer 9 is flawles, the Office package the is best, plus the Metro UI makes it even better.
58. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
To be honest, I've used my Evo to watch a .GIF image, and then pulled the same image on a focus (w/ Mango), and it still didn't pick it up as fast as my Evo did, that was pretty crappy to me. All this hype about HTML 5 and how it is soooo much better was BS. And you can have integration just like WP7 on an Android, it is just in a different form. Example: I can use Widgets with multiple screens, resizable widgets (GSII respectively), and I am getting counters on my icons just like WP7. And those counters are even in my app drawer if I don't put them on my homescreen. I realize it is simple, but everything just isn't there yet.
59. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Umm I have to see that myself, Microsoft is investing a lot of money on WP7, so it's just matter of time until it becomes one of the best OS if not the best.
34. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
WP7 does not lag in the OS, but as you say there are apps that lag. I've had WP7 and there has been apps that has been lagging.
However, the Galaxy S2 is not perfect either. It's the best Android, but it is still not as smooth and fast as my phones with bada (using 1 ghz hummingbird)
68. ppLVR (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Hey Bud.The apps Lag because developer don't spend time making the applications properly for the OS.
60. Jeromeo (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Is this supposed to replace their garbage phones in the crappy, S40, third world line?
By the time it's released it will be 'last year's specs'...
61. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
You don't sound like somebody that knows what its talking about or knows about phones either.
3. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Wasn't Nokia supposed to save the day? Not waste away? Lol. I hope this is the worst one they put out.
4. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
big fail !!
the N9 has the same design, but a 4 inch screen instead of 3.7. Probably those WP buttons on the front taking up space.
Nice design, but i'll buy the N9 instead.
22. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
There seems to be some haters in PhoneArena today, Peter. Lmao.
29. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
No we both got thumbed down for saying the truth lol.
37. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I see, you agree with me : )
38. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
@Peterlfromsweden...It's evident based on your incessant posting of your love for Bada that you will not be purchasing a WP device, regardless of who the oem is.Yet, you continue to make disparging comments on just about every WP7 article, when you're preferred OS is Bada.
Yes, you can post on any article that you please, but when you are called out or labeled as a troll, just own up to the title.
Advice: Visit Nokia's website and read articles on their new naming/numbering convention, then acknowledge the fact that Nokia will put out phones with various specs ranging from low to high - just like Bada......
42. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
You might be wrong here...
I have plans on maybe buying theSamsung Galaxy S2 with WP7, to add to my collection of phones. However i will of course use bada as my first phone, and WP7 maybe as my 2nd or third (after the N9). You see, i collect phones, but bada is my favourite : )
48. picka_ti_materina (unregistered)
Dude, if he and anyone else wanted to buy WP7, they would have bought it by now. It's 2 years out, sales suck and it's gonna bankrupt Nokia. MeeGo and Symbian are much better and are Nokia in-house OSs. If you want WP7, nobody is stopping you to buy one now. Have fun with a HTC Trophy branded as Nokia.
51. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
that's not true, me and a lot of people are just waiting for the top dogs with WP7 phones to come one to jump on WP7.
52. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I definitely like Meego and symbian much better than WP7, and WP7 will bankrupt Nokia. Glad somenone else sees the same thing.
6. deserteagle-50 (unregistered)
I was hoping we will have at least 4inch amoled!?there's nothing here that makes me want to drop My HTC Desire for this..as much as I love wp7 but the yesteryear spec is boring now,MS, Nokia and all the other wp7 manufactures please make a SGS2 as your starting point for high end wp7 at least match it for crying out loud!
17. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
of course there will be 4 inch screens , this is just like a mid-ane device, a Nokia 800 and Nokia 801 showed up on WP central, so those are going to be the high-end phones, no doubt.
50. picka_ti_materina (unregistered)
It'll be same hardware, just a 0.2inch longer. You call that high-end? N9 with MeeGo is high-end, WP7 is crap especially now since Belle is out in the open. What was Nokia thinking, perfectly developed OSs with unified UI and yet Elop burned their platform?
62. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Qualcom and Microsoft already said that WP7 will be using the next generation of Snapdragon processors.
7. WD.DN (unregistered)
Remember this is a 7-series, a mid-high end series of the entire portfolio (or a mid-low end series in the Nokia WP portfolio), so the specs does make sense.
8. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
guys, have you taken a second to think that this might be the "cheaply priced" WP7 devices Nokia promised? unlike other OEMs, Microsoft have given Nokia some freedom
11. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
well the 700 and 701 Nokia devices are priced at ... 270-300 euros so it'll be around that price point witch is great ... My Omnia 7 costs 300 euros and it's an year old :D
13. bbin82 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Middle-end of Nokias smartphone portfolio. It will be highly competitive in price. Those specs are on par with middle price range of wp7 phones. I think the design looks really nice compared to other dull black korean blocks of plastic.
24. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Exactly that's what I'm talking about, Nokia has always been one of the best when it comes to designs.
14. Nope (unregistered)
You commenters are idiots!
This is supposed to be low-end, did you even pay attention to the new naming scheme? this is in the 700s, a low-end device. I don't think they'll be competing against the Omega with this.
53. picka_ti_materina (unregistered)
Mind sharing how Omega is better than this?
27. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 787; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
They need to bring in microSD card support and stop with this internal storage only nonsense.
30. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
HTC showed some new Low-end devices and everybody was happy but however now that this Low-end Nokia showed up everybody is complaining about it. Seriously what's up with the hate???????
43. jthiagesan (Posts: 104; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
People started hating nokia when everyone started loving android. They will still complaining nokia regardless of what they manufacture. Everyone will love if samsung produce android or bada or wp7. Come on nokia is still the best to me and for those 100million buyers of nokia smartphone. We cant blame anyone/company before they produce & release a produce. Oh!! we have someone here in PA posting every phone should have BADA os. It's hard to convince monkeys that strawberries are sweeter than bananas :)
54. picka_ti_materina (unregistered)
Nokia is best with Maemo/MeeGo, Symbian and S40, not crap like WP7 that doesn't sell. Nokia to this day, even with all the hate, still sells more Symbian devices in 1 month than what all OEMs put together have sold in 2 years time. Sorry Nokia, you're going down due to your stupidity and not continuing with what customers want, and that surely isn't WP7.