Will it fit? Watch how the Galaxy Mega 6.3 pocketability stacks up
1. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
pa,do u recomend normal people with normal pants to buy it?
6. hung2900 (Posts: 951; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Many people use Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Asus Fonepad (even the hefty Galaxy Note 8.0) as the main phone
23. TerryCrowley (Posts: 194; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
The Note 8.0 doesn't make phone calls you idiot.
25. hung2900 (Posts: 951; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Who is idiot here?
Even my old Note 10.1 can make the phone call. But the Note 8.0 has the earpiece, Note 10.1 not
34. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yeah, hung2900 is right. There are many tablets that have cellular functionality to make phone calls globally. U.S. carriers usually strip it out, though. Do some research before you call someone an idiot & end up looking like one yourself.
46. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that not much you can say after fail in comment #23.
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 20035; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't think it does, but I'm not sure. The USA version doesn't though.
48. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Before you call someone an idiot be sure you can back your s*** up. Moron.
45. NightFelix (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
So what is the price comparing to Asus Fonepad?
7. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I do not understand it, anyone who uses Samsung is gay?
Because this cute guy is so gay.
33. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
So, you're using gay as an insult... that makes a special kind of person...
18. SuperNexus (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Samsung is soon start manufacturing pants with special pocket called S-Pocket.
51. sniperdroid (Posts: 146; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Like electric blankets with a back up battery pack to charge your phone. But wait, what's that? Is that rain BZZZZ!
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
You have to have bigger pockets if you want this to fit on your jeans or whatever. This might sound funny but I did manage to put my old galaxy tab 7 on my shorts that had big pockets but of course it wasn't comfortable at all to place them there
2. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
5.5 is the upper limit for me, sad that the note 3 will be too large :(
21. proto (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I think dimensions are more important than screen size.. If they fit bigger screen to almost same dimensions (like samsung did with S4) I think you can't say it will be too big :)
3. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
There's only one thing in the world that the saying 'the bigger the better' works on : boobs, not phones.
32. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Nope. Boobs that are big sag faster. No thanks.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3614; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Of course, for hard core Samsung fans, it'll fit. They'll even have their pockets custom repaired for the phone...might be doing the same as i type.
5. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
The spec for a phone this big is garbage.
8. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Its hard to carry with this type of phone around if you dont have a bag with you -_-.
19. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
you dont need to carry this phone, you can plug this phone S-wheels and then it becomes a skateboard or you can wear it like hat on a sunny day.
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
What a joke of a phablet this is....to think that it is even more expensive than the Note 2
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I agree with the spec comment so far... Samsung is making the Note III just for me, 5.99", w/top specs... Cause Samsung makes phones for all God's people, God didn't just make the Hunter, He made the Fisherman, the Herdsman,... Rested and made the Farmer! Each, wanting different size smartphones. :)
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Its not about pocketability, its also about comfort. When you sit down do you think its going to be comfortable etc.
Im saying this out of experience, 5" already makes me take my phone out during lectures rather than keeping it in my pocket.
29. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
You hit it on the spot! Thumbs up for you!
I just recently got the DNA and I must say the phone is flat out awesome, however, the size is testing me. Dont get me wrong I knew what I was getting myself into with 5 inches(that's what she said) but I am having second thoughts. The phone fits in my jeans fine but when I sit down it's a little unconfortable. Keep in mind the DNA is a thin device.
So with that said, I want to know if those are normal size jeans and if so I need to have them people in the video sit down with the Mega bulge in their pants. I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to sit down with a Mega bulge like that in their pants. Well unless you're a college student lookiing to impress.
All kidding aside 5' should be the biggest size for a smartphone. 4.3-4.8' is the sweetspot I hear.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
pa why you didnt moderate those who mention the offensive word g@y? I feel disappointed to these commentor who insult other
17. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Sorry if I offended you and your gay community, it was not my intention.
15. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
samsung should have named it as galaxy tab mini
22. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
It seems like this video is fake... I can't even put my phone(Optimus lte2-similar size as Galaxy S3) in my jeans pocket..
24. rantao333 (Posts: 322; Member since: 21 May 2013)
samsung is the only company in the world with no clue on what they are doing, they just create stuffs that useless, inconvenience, dumb, clumsy, bad design, poor quality, putting not mature tech into it. etc.
what they actually do is
1. Hired million of trolls around the world to bash others products & brainwashing clueless consumer.
2. spending billions of dollar for ads & marketing
3. later on, unlimited brainwashed fans started to brainwash the friends, relative, neighbor around them.
4 .And the process circle again.
31. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
I wouldnt say that. Samsung is on track for world mobile domination. Before I continue I must say that Im not a Samsung fanboy. Facts are Samsung is the only company to use Android to truly position itself as a mobile powerhouse. Even Google has commented on their success and worries that they(Samsung) might have such leverage in the mobile arena to affect how Android is developed and rolled out. Now, I dont know if that will happen but you would be silly not to conider it.
Lets address your points shall we?
Point 1 - Samsung is not the only company to do this. This practice has been around for decades
Point 2 - Again Samsung is not the only company to do this. All companies have a budget for marketing.
Point 3 - This is call word of mouth my dude. If someone really likes a product then that person most likely will talk and recommend it to friends and relatives. It's what we do as a species. Apple, HTC, etc fans do this as well.
In my personal opinion the only company that can stop Samsung is Samsung. They are releasing smartphones left and right. Ranging from 4' to rummored 6.6'. It is simply too much and confusing to the consumer. Can someone say oversatuation?
26. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
36. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
I heard Samsung will replace their 85" Smart TV with Samsung Galaxy Mega 85
41. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
@Ninetysix... On the first two pictures a person could still read your lips when talking on the phone... Starting in 2015, I think then it will be alright. :)
27. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
NW: Pocketability test with Winnie the Pooh...
30. jsdechavez (Posts: 728; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Will it fit? Well, if it doesn't fit the blender then it wouldn't blend, right?
52. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
He'll break them in half and put them in like he did before.
35. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
Screw this, everybody know the king of pocketability is the Samsung Galaxy... Pocket.
37. LDC207X (Posts: 27; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
This phone is so innovated its retarded -__-
38. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
People always used to give HTC crap for making all their phones look the same, but they let Samsung get away with it?
39. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
what a samsung crap. it's more like a hidden arm or than a phone.
it's a thing thjat can't decide in which category should stay.
40. Mkondrak (unregistered)
How did all those people fit the galaxy mega? I can barely fit my iphone 4 into my shorts that im wearing right now (barely enough so i could be sure that the iphone wont fall out).
42. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
"You go girl", I bet you look hot in them girly jean shorts too.
44. shayan (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
wow does are some BIG pockets!
I have a galaxy note ( original) and in some cases, the camera is actualy out side my pocket. sure I have pants that can hold a galaxy note, but mega?! I dont believe it till I personaly test it.
by the way, the TFT screen is a deal breaker for me. guese I wait for note 3.