WSJ confirms Apple testing more affordable polycarbonate iPhone for launch later in the year
1. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 16:45 18 15
So their coping Samsungs technology with the polycarbonate? Apple dont use plastic they use GLASS which breaks.
4. Ninetysix posted on 08 Jan 2013, 16:52 11 2
The iPhone 3G's back featured a redesigned plastic polycarbonate housing.
10. RiseAgainst94 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 17:21 11 12
Does Samsung use polycarbonate? I thought they used cheap looking/feeling plastic? Look to HTC and Nokia for some high quality polycarbonate (which I guess is a type of plastic?).
13. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 18:24 5 3
POLYCARBONATE isn't cheap IT'S STRONG PLASTIC and it doesn't blend like the iPhone
23. TROLL posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:32 3 0
Like the iPhone5 does.
38. RiseAgainst94 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 10:25 2 0
I know that, I never said it was. I said that Nokia and HTC use it and it is of a high quality where as Samsung uses cheap plastic (though surprisingly durable)
15. hutty24 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 18:41 1 5
your f**king dumb go back to what ever dark fanboy hole you came from why do i say this because humans naturaly take info in as true the first time they hear it no matter if its not then the brain works out if its true or not later now get to work and stop being a follower
32. jackhammeR posted on 09 Jan 2013, 01:33 0 0
so....does samsung copy polycarbonate from htc and htc from Nokia?
let them do it. We'll see the results (miserable as always)
2. Joker posted on 08 Jan 2013, 16:49 18 2
Get ready guys (Nokia, Sony, Samsung, etc...), a polycarbonate lawsuit coming to the HQ near you.
3. menny07 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 16:50 18 2
Please change software interface! iOS has had the same home design in all of its mediocre life.
18. hutty24 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 18:52 0 14
i seen 5 phones come out today that all have a iphone look to them and android would be s**t today if it never took from ios and pc
31. Twisted247 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 01:24 3 0
Lmao PLEASE I repeat PLEASE Elaborate on that comment for us.
33. tedkord posted on 09 Jan 2013, 01:48 3 0
Android interface(ui) had changed quite a bit with each new build. Thats not even mentioning all the variations with different manufacturer skins.
None look like the boring old iphone ui, which hasn't changed in its entire life. In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about.
19. hutty24 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 19:01 0 6
android most of its life = s**t up in till jellybean 4.2 iphone 5 vs anyother phone is like windows xp vs osx mountain lion or windows 8
34. tedkord posted on 09 Jan 2013, 01:51 4 0
As of Android 2.3 Gingerbread, it was 95% as smooth as iOS, while much more powerful and fully featured. With ICS, then JB, it became 100% as smooth and even further ahead in power and function.
25. TROLL posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:35 3 0
Please let the iPhone remain how it is, it's the iconic symbolism which shall remain perpetual so in perspective shares and commodity shall will stumble .
5. cncrim posted on 08 Jan 2013, 16:55 12 1
Oh no, I like Tim Cook but his vision is no longer bold like Steve.
7. ckoch125 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 17:13 11 0
But but but apple only uses the highest quality materials never would use cheap plastic, or so the apple fanboys claim.
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 17:15 9 0
Tim, let's see how affordable an iPhone you can 'Cook' up!
9. RiseAgainst94 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 17:19 0 0
Unless it's on par with the Lumia 920 then there would be no reason to buy it. The 920 is already affordable enough. An inexpensive polycarbonate device that has inexpensive internals would be a failure from Apple. I'm sure they are familiar with what the competition has to offer, but we'll see if they get greedy again.
12. fanboy1974 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 18:06 8 2
Even if the iPhone 5 was free on contract I would still pay $300 for a Note 2. And 2013 will be the year of 1080p displays and fast quad core processors. If Apple made a $300 (on contract) 5.5 inch quad core A6 1080p phone I would buy it. Heck, I would even drop $400 for the 32gig model.
Apple won't learn until it's too late. Samsung/Android is going to run lose all year if Apple releases a 4 inch "S" model.
20. bparkerson posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:07 0 1
Couldn't have said it better...You know what they say about karma.I'm afraid Apple is coming to a slow end similar to that of Atari,Nintendo,ect.,however Apple deserves it!!
21. ray77 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:17 3 0
And then their was criticzing about Samsung that the phone is plastic , lol
35. JC557 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 02:26 1 0
Or the overwhelming amount of iFans mocking anyone using something else as poor or low class... a lot of the hate is well deserved, especially if you've watched the Apple documentaries showcasing their users and company behavior.
22. downphoenix posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:31 0 0
just a cost cutting measure on apple's part for the lower end phones. Manufacturing an Iphone 4s isnt much cheaper than a 5, due to the materials involved outside of the hardware. Using cheaper components like plastic instead of glass means higher profit margins for them on the lower end devices.
24. jmoney62987 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:33 1 0
As an iphone 5 owner I must say this is sad news. I love the construction of iphones ( of course i wish they grew a bit larger lol) but what I really loved was that there was one. One a year. Simple. All apps and accessories were made for that one. With new models; a cheaper one, a smaller one, a middle one, a large screen one (how much will THAT BE!?)...I think it's time to move on to android :(
26. TROLL posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:37 2 0
Welcome to freedom, you shall not be controlled any more.
27. TROLL posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:39 1 0
Apple's another scheme to juice and rip the public this costing much cheaper to produce and huge profits.
37. Brutus posted on 09 Jan 2013, 09:39 0 0
I am more worried about the specs...
The overpriced flagship gets mediocre specs for its price and hype...
Wonder what will they fit the CHEAPER ONE with??
Dual core 600 Mhz processor, 512mb ram and 5 mp camera for $450?? LOL
40. thunderbolt posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:42 0 0
Phonearena writers should refrain from adopting that pathetic "class divide" attitude of Apple. It's pathetic really and if anyone objects these guys call it trolling. Many writers here troll quite a lot. Why use words like "reserved for Aristrocratic" etc ?