Video shows why it's best to shop for a new smartphone at home on Black Friday
The footage below was shot at a Walmart in Moultrie, Georgia and shows shoppers fighting over boxes of discounted smartphones. Watch the guy in the middle grab a box away from a helpless female shopper. We can't seem to find out which handset was on sale, but Walmart has announced that it rang up 10 million transactions between 8pm Thursday evening and 12 midnight with electronics the top seller.
Which smartphone would you be willing to fight for in a mob of crazed shoppers?
source: Telegraph via Crackberry
1. rsiders (Posts: 251; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I'd go a round with Mike Tyson for a T-Mobile subsidized Nokia Lumia 920. Not sure how healthy that would be for my face though.lol
14. redmd (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
are those food? looks like the basic instinct took over for the basic need.
4. Birds (Posts: 983; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
1. @ 00.56 seconds, that man stuffed his hand in that woman's mouth like he wanted to trade his thumb for that damn Samsung Galaxy Proclaim...
2. IDC how cheap the samsung galaxy proclaim/precedent are....that s**t aint worth fighting over....
3. I would not be fighting over a phone if I were there...I'd be fighting because I couldn't make it to the damn bathroom. A bitch woulda got the living s**t knocked out of them...
5. aguilitas (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
All I can say about this video is... if the people who filmed it would've had a Lumia 920 in their hand, it could've looked a lot less uglier
6. doody (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
Doesn't surprise me, 90% of the people that shop at Walmart are trailer trash.
7. tedkord (Posts: 4724; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I don't know why no one's thought of this before.
Step 1) Advertise a product like this at a ridiculous price on Black Friday.
Step 2) Open the doors on time and let the herd fight it's way in.
Step 3) Lock and bolt the doors behind them.
Step 4) Set the store on fire.
Step 5) Bask in the glow of a world where the average I.Q. suddenly rose 25 points.
10. tedkord (Posts: 4724; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
C'mon, you know anyone who behaves like that is a certified sped, and the world would be a better place without them.
8. Rydsmith (Posts: 122; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Obviously not recorded on a Lumia 920 =P.
But jesus most of those phones aren't good and are honestly not worth even that low price for that piss poor carrier.
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
They look like homeless people fighting over a bread crumb seriously they look really stupid.
12. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
whats the title of this movie? hope not related to i ...
18. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Fight Club, lol.
20. srkirby (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
That phone they were fighting over was in a Straight Talk box, and the only Straight Talk phone that I could find that was on sale was the LG Optimus Logic for $39.99, a $50 savings on the phone. I will just about bet that 90% of these phones get returned this weekend. I looked in circulars and online. I could not believe that people would act like that over a cheap, old phone.
21. MelvinPainter (Posts: 51; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
These are just your average obama voters who are out spending their welfare checks.
24. Sniggly (Posts: 6988; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Georgia went for Romney, you unbelievable jackass.
25. Sniggly (Posts: 6988; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh, and Colquitt County, where Moultrie is, went way more for Romney than the state did.
23. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the actions by some of these stores is completely irresponsible. all they have to do is have employees hand one item at a time as soon as people come in