Video compares LG's Nova display and Samsung's Super AMOLED screen
Comparing Nova with a certain 3.5 inch IPS LCD display (Hey! Those are the same specs for the Apple iPhone 4) shows that the Nova is 50% more efficient than the LCD screen. So the bottom line is that not only does LG's Nova produce bright, clear screens, they also save battery life.
LG also says that the Nova, like the Apple iPhone 4 in that it is a IPS LCD screen, produces a maximum brightness of 700 nit, compared with the 518 nit maximum for the latter model, and 308 nit for the AMOLED screen turned up all the way to the right. Under regular settings, the Nova screen weighs in at 280 nits.
Obviously, LG believes that its Nova display is best. But you can do some comparison work yourself thanks to the video below that shows the Samsung Galaxy S and its Super AMOLED display on the left, and the energy efficient Nova display on the LG Optimus Black on the right. You can comment on which screen looks better to you by writing in the box below.
1. LG is better (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 07:23 0 0
Since the energy use becomes efficient, I believe that LG screen is better.
2. chrissyboi (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 07:24 0 0
The AMOLED has better color in the dark spectrum for sure but when you compare at lighter colors the LG pulls ahead slighty for me at least.
3. Van Allen (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 07:29 0 0
the samsung's screen is hurting my eyes...wahaha...LG is better...
4. SzY (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 07:37 0 0
Nova Display's back light killed it's quality! But it look bright indeed! Surprising Display!
Super AMOLED is meant to be surprising compared to LCD for it's colors, and it's black which is the main point why i got a Galaxy S.
Aww now i got to consider which phone to get thanks to the display comparison!!...
5. mario (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 09:26 1 1
Definately super AMOLED. When you move to the side just a little bit the black looks grey on the optimus.
7. Jeromeo posted on 28 Jan 2011, 12:34 1 1
That's called Viewing Angle--and, yeah, it's better on SuperAMOLED.
9. george (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 15:05 1 1
So,there is nothing better than AMOLED for now!
6. george (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 12:09 1 0
At the end of the clip it's obviously SUPER AMOLED is much brighter and crispy looking at every corner aside!No more lies please!Besides,lg is an android phone ,so android is much better than Apple in every aspect!
8. jinwons posted on 28 Jan 2011, 13:46 2 0
NOVA might have better text clarity. I have to look at it myself to judge.
But black color is definitely no contest. SAMOLED wins easily. It's funny when they made this LG one's name as Black.
11. Nokijus (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 01:27 1 0
Samsung's Super AMOLED screen looks better over LG's Nova display.
12. windowsphone sammyy (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 08:13 0 0
Super amoled wins for one reason!
No back light!
I have the Samsung Focus Windows Phone & the lack of backlight is sooooo awesome!
13. Super duper AMOLED (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 19:28 0 0
Super AMOLED is still the better display. Hope they will compare it with Nokia CBD AMOLED.
14. Gaurev (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 07:05 0 0