Update to HTC DROID DNA is senseless
Last month, Verizon's website hinted that the HTC DROID DNA would be receiving Sense 5 in an update along with a new updated Android build. But instead of getting paired with Android 4.3 as originally promised, HTC America president Jason Mackenzie recently said that the DROID DNA would be updated with Android 4.2.2 instead.
Still, Sense 5 is the big deal here, and hopefully the next update for the HTC DROID DNA will contain a lot of Sense.
source: Verizon via AndroidCentral
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1225; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
HTC need to take lessons from Samsung. The DNA is a LATE 2012 phone and it gets a bump update.?.
2. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I would blame Verizon on this one. It is most of the time their fault.
13. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Like how none of the 2012 Samsung phone have 4.2 or 4.3 yet? At least HTC updated the butterfly and the One X international to 4.2 and sense 5. I am tried of the BS about how Samsung update there phone when in fact they only update their S and note line and that is it.
14. lsutigers (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
This is all on Verizon. The Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE and the HTC One X on AT&T both got released before the DNA and are being updated to 4.3 and HTC Sense 5. It should not be this way but leave it to Verizon to screw their customers over.
Verizon simply cannot support their bullshit excuses anymore. They suck at updates!
15. b1acktiger (Posts: 216; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Lessons for what ? How to keep quiet about updates ? HTC's 2012 flagships recieved Android 4.2. With huge resources and sales, companies like Samsung, Sony is still quiet about their flagships. No word about 4.2 update in Galaxy S3, Note, Note 2, Optimus Vu, Optimus G and dropped Xperia T, Ion ?
3. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
who would want to update a phone that didnt sell well? and who would blame the carrier when the updates come from google?
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Not on Verizon, know how outdated their Galaxy Nexus is?
6. btbotimtim (Posts: 155; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
+1. I currently use Verizon Galaxy Nexus and it is still 4.2.2 It is nexus without nexus updates. Total failure. I hope this happens to Verizon Iphone users too. lol
8. NexusPhan (Posts: 587; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
It won't. Verizon doesn't care about the Verizon Galaxy Nexus anymore. Verizon will never get another Nexus device. Zero change. Google despises them.
10. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
The htc one on sprint is already running 4.3
12. acharlest (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
The title of this article makes it seem like it got an update that removed Sense.
16. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Lol and thats the last update this phone will get. HTC sucks will updates and everyone knows it. They will just make another flagship later this year amd forget all about the one and one maxx
17. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
18. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
that is typical phonearena.. shooting at every brand except samsung.
19. deviantirish79 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Verizon prevents updates as it is a threat to upgrades. Take an older device and let it get current software, people wont upgrade as often. Especially now with the new Edge plan.
My Galaxy Tab gets more updates than VZW 4G ones because its not branded through VZW.
With the new Edge plan they are hoping to get the sales up and anyone on unlimited data out.
They have offered me all promotions along with 3 early upgrades to get me out of my unlimited data.
I have the DNA running 4.2.2 with Sense 5 and really have no desire to upgrade. HTC and Samsung both make great devices. Unfortunately my carrier (VZW) prevents them from getting the proper updates.
20. MikeB (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Looks like I just got my Sense 5 update, didn't think it would be sent out so it surprised me.