The Nexus 6 almost had a fingerprint scanner, according to the Android source code
1. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Non-swipe fingerprint scanner or nothing at all.
3. vincelongman (Posts: 4101; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also fingerprint reader should be on the back
E.g. where the Moto dimple is or LG's back buttons
So no big bottom bezel, which leads to a big top bezel for symmetry, and an overall taller phone
E.g. the 5.5" 6+ is as tall as the 6" Nexus 6 with front stereo speakers
Especially since this 6" phablet is already too big for many people
18. rihel_95 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I am actually waiting for an on-screen finger-print scanner. No need of extra space then.
(Another possibility can be the camera lens as a sensor, though its unlikely and leave smudges on the lens)
19. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
The screen would have to be extra sensitive, which may drain more battery life than necessary
2. Derekjeter (Posts: 809; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
When will the Nexus 6 come to Verizon???? I thought Google said every major carrier was going to get it.
4. wafflemuncherr (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 May 2013)
My buddy got one through Google and was able to pop in his nanoSim and have it work through Verizon. I was just playing with it the other day. Beastly.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yeah. I thought you would have known this?
15. Derekjeter (Posts: 809; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Can you get full LTE with the Verizon sim? I can't find anything on the web about it working on Verizon
16. Derekjeter (Posts: 809; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Holy sh!t I just found a video that shows it works full LTE and everything!! I'm selling my note right now Nexus here a come
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I can confirm it is working for me as well. I couldn't wait until Verizon decided to sell it with their bloat and logo most likely.
6. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I really don't care for finger print at all. Seems gimmicky and a waste of money.
11. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
to have them manufactured and put in the phone. also a waste of space, too!
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Cost from iPhone 5 to 5S increased but sold at the same price. What's your reasoning for that?
14. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I don't know? probably they were able to reduce the manufacturing cost somewhere, like using the same screen.
And this has nothing to do with the iphone5 or 5s.
If they were to add more components in the nexus 6 then there will be more manufacturing cost, even if it's just 10cents more. And the cost will come down to the consumers one way or the other.
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Nexus 6 would not have costed $50 more if it had fingerprint scanner, so as far as I'm concerned it's waste of money for consumer for not having it. In Motorola point of view, yeah, it might have been waste of money, but on the other hand it would've been great for marketing and consumers and maybe even overall satisfaction of phone, because it's quite useful and "premium" feature.
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3713; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not seeing your logic here. Every single phone that launched with a fingerprint scanner cost no more than its previous iteration. For example, the 5S, S5, & Note 4 all cost the same at launch as the 5, S4, & Note 3, respectively. Granted, you can't make the same direct comparison between the Nexus 6 & 5, but it doesn't necessarily make sense to assume a simple fingerprint scanner would have hiked the price up either.
8. EC112987 (Posts: 523; Member since: 10 Nov 2014)
I'm still mad the AT&T N6 didn't work properly and they wanted me to wait 3 weeks for a replacement. :( fingerprint is convenient but sucks on The Note 4. The iPhone scanner works best for me but I have sausage fingers lol
20. jasonmadura161 (Posts: 12; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
The Nexus 6 almost had an actual launch where people could buy it too! Imagine that.... All this stuff it has and almost had.... yet.... is any of it relevant as it is damn near unobtainable? Please save me the "cop-outs" of "be patient" and the "they didn't expect the demands." Move along trolls....
21. Blazers (Posts: 420; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I really wanted to get the Nexus 6, but the lack of an IR blaster is a deal breaker for me. I've gotten so used to using my phone as a replacement remote, I can't go back.
I could careless about the lack of a fingerprint scanner....