The A6 processor of iPhone 5 detailed - "the only manual layout in a chip to hit the market in several years"
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
looking good but still underpowered!
20. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 481; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Stop saying stuffs without a rational thinking people
2. Great_Stuff (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
see people that's how a good processor is made: It just shows that a well engineered product doesn't need crazy specs to run smooth and have great battery life. Android these days just seems to want jump on the latest thing without perfecting anything. The iphone uses half the muscle a top tier android phone have yet it out scored pretty much every cross platform benchmark... how do you explain that????
7. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
and it's also why Samsung Galaxy S phones are good right? Exynos was made by Samsung for Samsung.
It's like making a cake with icing but only eating the icing. OEMs should use only what they need, if not, the device will be imperfect in its performance.
14. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It is explained by iOS being a super lightweight OS. Android is a very heavy OS. Android needs more power to do things like multi-task and allow deep customization as well as many other features. Since iOS doesn't do those things, it can be written much more basically allowing the OS to be streamlined.
19. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
See, that's a well thought out explaination everyone. Please follow Capt Doug's example...
23. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
sometimes I just feel like no one notices... =D
3. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
so is it the same LTE radio for all versions? and if so why the lack of voice and data on the Sprint and Verizon variants?
16. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
CDMA versus GSM/UMTS I'd guess, if that's the case
8. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Samsung just got owned. Go f**k your exynos! Lol
13. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol first samsung produced this chip!
2. wait 4 the new exynos
15. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Apple designed the technology. Samsung is just acting like a factory, also when the A7 releases its gonna fry exynos with its sophisticated design.
17. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yeah, because samsung is really going to put their very best tech in a competitor's product...
9. twens (Posts: 978; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
You guys are soo funny. If the iPhone is packed with half of the features and task the s3 does it will crawl even with what ever chip is inside it. With all these hardware and it still can't manage a simple Bluetooth file transfer? Talk of transferring your files between your pc and the phone? You can't even simple delete media you put on the phone. You have to go all de way to use your pc. I will pass on any iPhone no matter the specs it's still bullcrap.
10. Raziel14 (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
what do you mean by "laid-out manually" ? any link I can read more about that process? :)
22. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
It's kinda complicated. I read about it in a Anandtech article long ago.
12. rihel_95 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
LoL What Camera they used to take ultra macro shots?
18. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
You have to give it to apple they did a good job on Samsungs processor and that was because they had a good foundation to build it upon (Samsung). Even though every one complains about Samsung's cheap plastic they have quality components and thats why apple chooses them to make alot of components in the Iphone.
21. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Where is Remixfa on this? It is funny because he keep saying it is a rebranded Samsung processor.