Surprise! Most consumers don't care if they are using iOS, Android or Windows
The most frequent reasons for users to switch their mobile OS include:
- "I want to see what else is out there on the market."
- "I think I could have a better user experience with another operating system."
- "I think I could get access to more innovative services and applications."
What do you think, guys? Would you leave all your purchased games, movies, music, books and other stuff behind, just to see "what else is out there on the market?" Obviously, if you are a heavy user, you are more likely to have a lot of stuff on your phone, making it more complicated for you to switch the platform. On the other hand, if you are more of a casual user, changing platforms isn't such an issue, as you don't keep so much content on your mobile device.
source: Accenture via: VentureBeat
1. lyndon420 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:09 19 1
Android works for me. No need to switch in the foreseeable future.
28. Whodaboss posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:05 5 1
I agree. Windows works for me. Never moving to anything else!
2. lkjhg755 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:22 3 0
I'm not so much loyal to Android as I am averse to using iOS or Windows. iOS isn't terrible but the iPhone is ridiculously expensive (and not compatible with my $35 T-Mobile plan), and although I do support Windows efforts, I would never use an OS that restrictive which doesn't support the apps I use everyday.
3. Droiddoes posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:25 19 0
In fairness, most people (at least the ones I talk to at work where I sell phones) cannot even tell you what phone they have.
"what kind of phone do you have?"
"A T-Mobile phone!"
"Great, what model?"
"T-Mobile! It says right here!"
"K....who makes it?"
"T-Mobile! Are you not listening to me?!"
5. PapaSmurf posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:36 8 1
I'm not sure if they can read, but there's another word that's there - the phone manufacturer.
Lol that was a good laugh. +1
23. networkdood posted on 07 Jan 2013, 21:14 4 1
this is so absolutely true in our country today....level of education keeps dropping by the minute in America...
4. Izzy_V posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:35 1 2
I bet more than half that say that third line are ios users. ;B
6. cncrim posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:38 0 0
I use to pick IOS until google mature with ICS. And watch out people, I very confidence Ubuntu might take WM and become 3rd OS after android and IOS, even they come in late.
10. SleepingOz posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:01 0 0
Same here, Ubuntu for phone is really polished and has a lot to offer.
7. Bedz81 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:39 0 0
I would only consider a WP8 phone if I could find ALL the apps I use on Android or a close copy, I started the smartphone biz with WM so I'm normally interested in what they offer
8. InspectorGadget80 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:40 8 1
Android is what i choose to STICK WITH FOR LIFE
11. chaoticrazor posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:04 2 8
really you wont switch when better and more advanced os's come out in the future
so closed minded
13. TROLL posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:29 5 4
There will be no other OS that is open like Android!
So wise minded
14. chaoticrazor posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:33 2 6
ohh im sorry didnt know you could see into the future
please your closed minded and simple, intellect isnt something you have
os's will evolve die change etc no one knows what will be the next dominant os
15. joey_sfb posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:38 4 1
One thing for sure it won't be the iSue OS.
16. chaoticrazor posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:44 1 7
if your referring to iOS how do you know, dont underestimates apple. they can turn things round like that if they drop the arrogance and changed there strict idealogy crap....which is happening with the ipad mini etc
again no one knows the future so why be closed minded and stick to one that could become outdated fast
19. joey_sfb posted on 07 Jan 2013, 20:16 4 1
"drop the arrogance and changed..." LOL! Don't hold your breath on that!
21. TROLL posted on 07 Jan 2013, 20:29 2 1
No one does or ever will, but they can all wish it becomes like OS!
Anyway chaoticrazor how is you bro....?
24. andynaija posted on 07 Jan 2013, 21:34 0 0
You need to turn around and pick up some english/grammer books.
20. TROLL posted on 07 Jan 2013, 20:24 2 0
And the WP18.104.22.168.12
22. InspectorGadget80 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 20:31 1 3
Jeezes guys STOP BEING SO DAMN competitive and negative to each other jeezes.
27. GeekMovement posted on 08 Jan 2013, 01:29 0 0
So ironic I ran into this comment. One of my friends said "iPhone for life" after she dropped it and smashed the screen...
9. 1ceTr0n posted on 07 Jan 2013, 18:56 3 0
As an IT guy, most users are stupid in general when it comes to technology, let alone understanding the differences between operating systems weather it be on smartphones or computers
29. EclipseGSX posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:29 0 0
Same here, I wouldn't exactly call them stupid but i'm sure their are much more important things to know like who got kicked off The Bachelor...
12. jwl3429 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 19:21 3 0
Easy IT guy most IT guys I have dealt with are stupid when it comes to technology
18. jaytai0106 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 20:09 0 0
Make a nice phone cheap, and they will buy. Plain and simple
25. JunkCreek posted on 07 Jan 2013, 22:58 0 0
They DO Care!
They always looking other people device and iUser usually trying to shows it's logo to others, so They Did Care!
I only care about if the browser can download from web file hosting such as 4shared, rapidshare, deposit, fileserve, ect; good music experience such as Sony ericsson W705 with accoustic mod and capability to install apps/games to external SDcard so i had my internal memory still large enough to save/do something related to the OS/Firmware the phone have. And I can Copy/Paste/Move/Backup Data, Multi Media between PC-Handset without needs to install something on to the PC first, just plug and play!
For now, Sony Ericsson W705 and Android (I don't care if it is Samsung. Sony, Sony Ericsson, Huawei, HTC, IMO, AllWinner, ect) fit my needs.