Sprint and Verizon iPhone 5 won't allow simultaneous voice calls and LTE data
1. abdane (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
hahaha stupid iphone cant handle such thing ;)
ANDROID POWER !!!
16. tuminatr (Posts: 725; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
Typical Appple release it and use software patches to make it do what we said it will do at launch
20. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
no the iphone can handle it the thing is that this is a consumer device. and consumers care about battery life and the phone just working.
thats a feature power users would like to have but its heavier on the battery.
but thats why there is choices.
21. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
Same thing with android you idiot.
3. young0ne (Posts: 19; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
yeah This is what expected with them using SAMSUNG technology LOL cant wait for this lawsuit to come!!!!!!! LOL Droid
4. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Idiots. Did AT&T put Apple up to this?
It's not 2010 anymore. I can talk and surf at the same time on VZW even in a 3G area.
13. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yep. HTC Rezound. I thought other phones could do it too with eHRPD though. Am I actually on EVDO Rev.B?
17. jenna_23 (Posts: 145; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)
nope u on revA verizon doesnt have revB u can use voice and data on revA cuz like other people mentioned some verizon htc phones can use voice and data on 3G evdo revA cuz they have a separate chip for data and one for data. i wonder how come they dnt do that on there samsung, motorola, bb ,LG phones? For some reason only htc phones from verizon can use voice and data on 3G. Oh and btw if u dnt believe me verizon dnt have revB just look it up..
6. McLTE (Posts: 742; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No worries guys.. they are saving this for the S version.. and it will be REVOLUTIONARY!!
19. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 215; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Thanks for telling us because that wasn't in the article.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 14662; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man I'm glad I have AT&T. No such issue there...
8. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It was either Apple wanted to protect that profit margins by keeping cost down or they didn’t want to sacrifice battery life by not including an additional antenna.
9. Ric1511 (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
This is tipping the scale toward the HTC Phablet or Note 2 for me, if it does in fact come out on VZW. This may not be an issue for some, but I talk and surf the web all the time.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
wow, my RAZR does this now that 4G LTE is around my home.
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 709; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
This news will increase the sale of iPhone 5 by 200%. now you guys will ask 'how'......... The answer is that, this will make the first gen. iPhone users nostalgic, when they will remember that back in 2007, they couldn't use voice and data simultaneously, and in nostalgia, they will flock to buy iPhone 5. :)
So Verizon and sprint will have very good iPhone sale this yr. :)
12. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Wow & some may think being an AT&T customer is a good thing, lol NEGATIVE
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's a shame really. Sucks for those who already pre-ordered and thought it was possible.
15. chebner (Posts: 166; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That's funny. I can talk and surf on 3g (don't have LTE yet so not sure about that) on my EVO 4g LTE. I think I've used that feature maybe once.
23. rallyguy (Posts: 613; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
And the Iphone is supposed to be a high end device comparable to any other device on the market right now? Ummm, I don't think so.
24. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 870; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They will wait for the 5s to be able to do it so people will buy it. Then offer a software update to the original 5 a couple months later as we've seen with many of their products.